The Online.top-pc-games.org is an ‘ad’ web site, already at the first sight of which there are various doubts. Its appearance in your web-browser means that your computer can be infected with ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). This type of harmful applications does not delete files or infect them, but such as a virus can alter PC system settings such as the homepage, new tab and default search provider and download and install harmful addons that generates lots of advertisements. All the time, while the adware is running, your web-browser will be fill with unwanted advertisements like Online.top-pc-games.org ads. Moreover, this ‘ad supported’ software will be able to collect a huge number of information about you, everything related to what are you doing on the World Wide Web.
While your personal computer is infected with the ad supported software, the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer may be re-directed to Online.top-pc-games.org annoying web-site. Of course, the ‘ad supported’ software may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may show lots of annoying advertisements. The advertisements will appear on all pages, including web-pages where previously you have never seen any advertising links.
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, certain adware to also alter all browsers shortcuts which located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut will try to reroute your web browser to undesired ad web-pages like Online.top-pc-games.org, some of which might be malicious. It can make the whole machine more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
We suggest you to get rid of adware and clean your computer from Online.top-pc-games.org ads as soon as possible, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the few simple steps below that will help you to completely remove the redirect to Online.top-pc-games.org intrusive site, using only the built-in MS Windows features and a few of specialized free malicious software removal utilities.
How to remove Online.top-pc-games.org pop-ups
Fortunately, it is not hard to remove ad-supported software that causes web browsers to display unwanted Online.top-pc-games.org advertisements. In the following guide, we will provide two ways to clean your PC of this ad supported software. One is the manual removal way and the other is automatic removal solution. You can select the method that best fits you. Please follow the removal tutorial below to remove Online.top-pc-games.org pop-up advertisements right now!
How to remove Online.top-pc-games.org ads without any software
Read this “How to remove” section to know how to manually remove adware which developed to reroute your browser to various ad web-pages like Online.top-pc-games.org. Even if the steps does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below that can easily handle such ‘ad supported’ software which causes annoying Online.top-pc-games.org pop up advertisements.
Delete potentially unwanted applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
In order to remove potentially unwanted software such as this adware, open the Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed applications. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware, browser hijacker infection or PUPs. If yes, uninstall them off. Even if they are just a software which you do not use, then removing them off will increase your system start up time and speed dramatically.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown in the figure below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all programs installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Fix infected web browsers shortcuts to get rid of Online.top-pc-games.org redirect
Now you need to clean up the web-browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the web browser, and not on any unknown file.
Right click to a desktop shortcut for your web-browser. Choose the “Properties” option. It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The ‘ad supported’ software can change it. If you are seeing something such as “…exe http://site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the internet browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example as displayed in the following example.
Once is finished, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for web browser shortcuts which redirects to an undesired web pages. When you have completed, go to next step.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the unwanted Online.top-pc-games.org web-page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ application.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will open a prompt which called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as displayed in the following example.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the malicious software, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as displayed on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
Get rid of Online.top-pc-games.org redirect from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your internet browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, launch the IE, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of ad supported software that causes multiple intrusive pop-up ads, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings like startpage, new tab page and default search provider to default state.
Remove Online.top-pc-games.org redirect from Google Chrome
If your Chrome web-browser is re-directed to annoying Online.top-pc-games.org web page, it may be necessary to completely reset your web browser program to its default settings.
- First, run the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Online.top-pc-games.org from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the Firefox internet browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings like home page, new tab and default search provider to its default state. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, and open tabs.
First, run the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the figure below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Run free malware removal tools to completely remove Online.top-pc-games.org redirect
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely remove ‘ad supported’ software that causes web browsers to show unwanted Online.top-pc-games.org popup advertisements. So, we suggest to scan your personal computer for any remaining malicious components with free adware removal programs below.
Delete Online.top-pc-games.org ads with Zemana Anti-malware
We advise using the Zemana Anti-malware. You may download and install Zemana Anti-malware to detect ad-supported software and thereby get rid of Online.top-pc-games.org redirect from the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers. When installed and updated, the malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your machine.
- Please download Zemana Anti-Malware by clicking on the following link and save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) onto your machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the adware which cause unwanted Online.top-pc-games.org pop up advertisements to appear. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you may see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- Once finished, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- In order to remove all items, simply click the “Next” button. The utility will get rid of adware which cause annoying Online.top-pc-games.org popup advertisements to appear. When finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
How to delete Online.top-pc-games.org with Malwarebytes
Get rid of Online.top-pc-games.org redirect manually is difficult and often the ad-supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and hijackers that your machine can be infected too.
Download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
Once the downloading process is done, close all software and windows on your PC. Double-click the set up file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install MalwareBytes Free on your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, press Finish button. MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed on the image below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button .MalwareBytes program will scan through the whole computer for the adware that causes multiple intrusive advertisements. While the MalwareBytes Free program is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified as threat.
When the system scan is finished, MalwareBytes will open a list of detected threats. All detected items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will delete ‘ad supported’ software that designed to reroute your web-browser to various ad web-sites such as Online.top-pc-games.org. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
We advise you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Free to remove adware, browser hijacker and other malware.
Scan and free your computer of adware with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner tool is free and easy to use. It can check and remove malicious software, potentially unwanted software and adware in Google Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and IE web-browsers and thereby get rid of all annoying Online.top-pc-games.org advertisements. AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and get rid of harmful registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the ad-supported software that causes multiple undesired pop-up advertisements. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer.
- After that process is finished, AdwCleaner will open a scan report. All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Run AdBlocker to block Online.top-pc-games.org and stay safe online
Use adblocker program such as AdGuard in order to stop advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your machine performance and impact your computer security. Surf the Internet anonymously and stay safe online!
- Download AdGuard application from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- When the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is complete, press “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block pop-up ads, web-pages such Online.top-pc-games.org, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
How does your personal computer get infected with Online.top-pc-games.org pop up ads
To sum up
Once you have finished the guidance outlined above, your computer should be clean from adware that reroutes your browser to intrusive Online.top-pc-games.org site and other malware. The Chrome, FF, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer will no longer reroute you to various undesired web sites similar to Online.top-pc-games.org. Unfortunately, if the step by step tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.