If you keep receiving the Kmsdjc.ru pop ups offering install an questionable browser extension, when you surf the World Wide Web with the Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge, then it could mean your PC is infected with adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) from the big malware family. Once started, it generates lots of pop-ups or alter the web-browser’s settings to show unwanted ads on all web-pages that you are opening in the web browser, even on those pages where before you did not see any pop up ads. We recommend you to clean you PC from ad supported software and thereby get rid of Kmsdjc.ru popups.
It is not a good idea to have an unwanted program like this adware on your machine. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you don’t know about. The adware can also be used to collect user data which may be later sold to third parties. You don’t know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely don’t know what will happen when you click on any Kmsdjc.ru pop-ups.
The adware usually affects only the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a malicious addons. Moreover, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The ‘ad supported’ software will perform a scan of the system for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you launch the web browser, you will see an unwanted Kmsdjc.ru web-site.
Therefore it is very important to follow the instructions below as quickly as possible. The tutorial will allow you to get rid of ‘ad supported’ software as well as clean your system from the Kmsdjc.ru popup. What is more, the steps below will help you delete other harmful applications like unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, that could penetrate into computer along with the adware.
Remove Kmsdjc.ru popups
Fortunately, we’ve an effective way that will help you manually or/and automatically get rid of Kmsdjc.ru from your web browser and bring your web browser settings, including new tab, home page and search engine by default, back to normal. Below you will find a removal guide with all the steps you may need to successfully delete adware and its traces. Some of the steps below will require you to close the web-page. So, please read the few simple steps carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
Remove Kmsdjc.ru pop-up without any tools
The useful removal guidance for the Kmsdjc.ru pop-ups. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of Kmsdjc.ru popups let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Uninstall suspicious programs using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some potentially unwanted software, browser hijacking programs and adware can be removed by uninstalling the free programs they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed programs in Microsoft Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to delete them.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all software installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date in the Control panel.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ad-supported software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you run your system, it will show Kmsdjc.ru undesired web-site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all malicious tasks which have been created by malicious programs.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will display a prompt that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as displayed on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the malicious programs, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as displayed on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious application. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
Clean up the internet browsers shortcuts which have been hijacked by ‘ad supported’ software
After the adware is started, it can also change the internet browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the web browser, it will display an unwanted page.
Open the properties of the internet browser shortcut. Right click on the shortcut of infected browser and choose the “Properties” option and it’ll display the properties of the shortcut. Next, select the “Shortcut” tab and have a look at the Target field as displayed on the image below.
Normally, if the last word in the Target field is chrome.exe, iexplore.exe, firefox.exe. Be sure to pay attention to the extension, should be “exe”! All shortcuts which have been modified by ad-supported software like Kmsdjc.ru usually point to .bat, .cmd or .url files instead of .exe as displayed below
Another variant, an address has been added at the end of the line. In this case the Target field looks such as …Application\chrome.exe” http://site.address as shown on the image below.
In order to fix a shortcut, you need to insert right path to the Target field or remove an address (if it has been added at the end). You can use the following information to fix your shortcuts which have been altered by ad-supported software.
|Google Chrome||C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe|
|Mozilla Firefox||C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe|
|Internet Explorer||C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|Opera||C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe|
Once is finished, click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all web-browsers that are redirected to the Kmsdjc.ru annoying web-page.
Remove Kmsdjc.ru pop ups from Firefox
If the Firefox settings like home page, newtab and search provider by default have been replaced by the ad-supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, start the Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown in the following example
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the following example. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the adware that causes internet browsers to open annoying Kmsdjc.ru pop-ups. Once, it is complete, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Kmsdjc.ru pop ups from Google Chrome
Run the Reset internet browser utility of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings such as new tab, homepage and search provider by default to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of internet browser redirects to intrusive ad web-sites such as Kmsdjc.ru.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Kmsdjc.ru redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to restore all browser startpage, new tab page and search engine by default you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the MS Windows was installed on your machine.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect. It will delete ‘ad supported’ software that reroutes your internet browser to undesired Kmsdjc.ru web page, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as new tab, home page and search engine by default to default state.
Use free malware removal tools to completely delete Kmsdjc.ru redirect
In order to completely delete Kmsdjc.ru, you not only need to uninstall adware from your system, but also delete all its components in your machine including Windows registry entries. We advise to download and use free removal tools to automatically free your PC of adware that causes unwanted Kmsdjc.ru pop ups.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to remove Kmsdjc.ru popup
Zemana Anti-malware is a tool that can get rid of ad supported software, PUPs, hijackers and other malware from your machine easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of PC resources.
- Please download Zemana Free by clicking on the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Next, run a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will open and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button .Zemana Anti-Malware program will scan through the whole PC system for the ‘ad supported’ software which redirects your web-browser to unwanted Kmsdjc.ru web page. This procedure may take some time, so please be patient. While the Zemana is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When finished, Zemana Anti-Malware will open a list of detected threats.
- In order to delete all items, simply press the “Next” button. The tool will delete adware which cause undesired Kmsdjc.ru popups to appear. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the Zemana AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
How to get rid of Kmsdjc.ru with Malwarebytes
We advise using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to find ‘ad supported’ software and thereby get rid of Kmsdjc.ru pop-up from your internet browsers. When installed and updated, the free malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the system.
Download MalwareBytes Free by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
After the download is finished, close all windows on your computer. Further, launch the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown in the figure below, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” which will assist you setup MalwareBytes Free on the system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is finished successfully, click Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Free will automatically start and you can see its main window like below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button for scanning your system for the adware which cause undesired Kmsdjc.ru popups to appear. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malware, ad supported software or potentially unwanted applications are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
As the scanning ends, a list of all items found is produced. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will remove ad-supported software which reroutes your browser to undesired Kmsdjc.ru site and add items to the Quarantine. After disinfection is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your machine. We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Free to get rid of hijacker infections, adware and other malware.
Remove Kmsdjc.ru redirect from internet browsers with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that may be downloaded and run to delete ‘ad supported’ software that cause unwanted Kmsdjc.ru pop-up to appear, browser hijackers, malware, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and other threats from your computer. You can run this utility to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below and save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2018
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then click Save.
- When the download is finished, start the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, press the “Scan” . AdwCleaner tool will begin scanning the whole machine to find out ‘ad supported’ software that causes web-browsers to display annoying Kmsdjc.ru popups. This task may take some time, so please be patient. While the AdwCleaner program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- Once AdwCleaner completes the scan, AdwCleaner will show a scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your computer, click “OK”.
The few simple steps shown in detail in the following video.
How to block Kmsdjc.ru pop-up
It’s important to use ad-blocking programs like AdGuard to protect your PC from harmful pages. Most security experts says that it’s okay to stop pop-up. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to block Kmsdjc.ru and other unwanted web-sites.
- Download AdGuard program on your PC system by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- After the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop up, web sites such Kmsdjc.ru, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
How can you prevent your computer from the attack of Kmsdjc.ru pop up
To sum up
Now your PC system should be clean of the ‘ad supported’ software which reroutes your browser to unwanted Kmsdjc.ru site. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop up and annoying harmful web-pages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your PC system for new adwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Kmsdjc.ru pop up from the Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer and Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.