If your web browser opens automatically to Technologycraze.co.uk web page, then your computer can be infected with an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software), which was set on your personal computer without your consent. Because, the ad-supported software is often used to open lots of undesired pop-ups within the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer’s screen. As, the advertisers do not disdain to use any methods to promote their sites and attract new users. Below we explain how to get rid of adware and thereby remove Technologycraze.co.uk unwanted popups from your web-browser.
The ad supported software may open lots of pop-ups on web sites that you visit, creating a sense that the unwanted pop-ups has been created by the creators of the web-page. Moreover, legal advertising links may be replaced on fake ads, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and malicious programs. The ‘ad supported’ software has the ability to collect a ton of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, certain ‘ad supported’ software to also alter all web browsers shortcuts that located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut will try to redirect your browser to annoying web pages such as Technologycraze.co.uk, certain of which might be malicious. It can make the whole computer more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
Therefore it’s very important to follow the steps below as quickly as possible. The step by step guide will assist you to remove adware as well as clean your personal computer from the Technologycraze.co.uk redirect. What is more, the step-by-step guide below will help you remove other malicious software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate into machine along with the ‘ad supported’ software.
Remove Technologycraze.co.uk popup
There exist several free adware removal utilities. Also it is possible to get rid of Technologycraze.co.uk popups manually. But we suggest to combine all these solutions below into the one removal algorithm. Follow the steps of the instructions. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to exit your web browser or restart your PC system.
Delete Technologycraze.co.uk popup without any tools
Most common adware may be uninstalled without any antivirus applications. The manual adware removal is few simple steps that will teach you how to get rid of the Technologycraze.co.uk redirect.
Delete potentially unwanted software using Windows Control Panel
First method for manual ad-supported software removal is to go into the Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of software on your personal computer and see if there are any suspicious and unknown programs. If you see any, you need to uninstall them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Internet search to find details on the program. If it is a potentially unwanted program, adware or malicious software, you will likely find information that says so.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel as displayed below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all programs installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Delete Technologycraze.co.uk redirect from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web browser settings like newtab, start page and search engine by default having been replaced by ‘ad supported’ software which causes intrusive Technologycraze.co.uk pop up, then you may return your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, launch the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then press the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
Once the process is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s startpage, new tab page and default search provider to default state.
Remove Technologycraze.co.uk redirect from Chrome
Use the Reset internet browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings like startpage, newtab page and default search engine to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of web browser redirects to unwanted ad web-pages such as Technologycraze.co.uk.
- First launch the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your web-browser’s homepage, new tab and default search engine will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Technologycraze.co.uk from FF by resetting web-browser settings
The FF reset will keep your personal information such as bookmarks, passwords, web form auto-fill data, recover preferences and security settings, get rid of redirections to annoying Technologycraze.co.uk site and ad-supported software.
First, run the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the unwanted Technologycraze.co.uk web-site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all the tasks which have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time. It will show a dialog box that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Further press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete like below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious applications. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to delete Technologycraze.co.uk redirect
When installed, this ‘ad supported’ software may add an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer. Due to this, every time you open the web-browser, it will display an annoying ad web site.
Open the properties of the browser shortcut. Right click on the shortcut of infected web-browser and choose the “Properties” option and it’ll show the properties of the shortcut. Next, choose the “Shortcut” tab and have a look at the Target field as shown in the following example.
Normally, if the last word in the Target field is chrome.exe, iexplore.exe, firefox.exe. Be sure to pay attention to the extension, should be “exe”! All shortcuts that have been modified by adware such as Technologycraze.co.uk usually point to .bat, .cmd or .url files instead of .exe like below
Another variant, an address has been added at the end of the line. In this case the Target field looks like …Application\chrome.exe” http://site.address as displayed in the figure below.
In order to fix a shortcut, you need to insert right path to the Target field or remove an address (if it has been added at the end). You can use the following information to fix your shortcuts which have been altered by ad-supported software.
|Google Chrome||C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe|
|Firefox||C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe|
|Internet Explorer||C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|Opera||C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe|
Once is finished, click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all web browsers that are re-directed to the Technologycraze.co.uk annoying page.
How to remove Technologycraze.co.uk redirect with free programs
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users may not completely remove ad-supported software which cause unwanted Technologycraze.co.uk pop-up to appear. So, we suggest to check your PC for any remaining malicious components with free ‘ad supported’ software removal applications below.
How to remove Technologycraze.co.uk redirect with Zemana Anti-malware
We recommend using the Zemana Anti-malware. You can download and install Zemana Anti-malware to find adware and thereby delete Technologycraze.co.uk pop up from the FF, Google Chrome, IE and MS Edge browsers. When installed and updated, the malicious software remover will automatically check and detect all threats present on your computer.
Download Zemana by clicking on the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will try to update itself and when this process is finished, click the “Scan” button .Zemana program will scan through the whole PC for the ad-supported software that causes web browsers to display unwanted Technologycraze.co.uk pop-up.
Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will remove ad-supported software that created to redirect your browser to various ad web pages such as Technologycraze.co.uk.
How to remove Technologycraze.co.uk with Malwarebytes
We advise using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to find ad supported software and thereby remove Technologycraze.co.uk pop up from your web-browsers. When installed and updated, the free malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the machine.
- Please download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is finished, please close all software and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will launch and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware tool will start scanning the whole PC to find out ‘ad supported’ software which causes unwanted Technologycraze.co.uk pop up. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. While the tool is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- After the scanning is done, a list of all threats found is produced.
- You may move items to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply press the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once disinfection is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
If the problem with Technologycraze.co.uk redirect is still remained
The AdwCleaner tool is free and easy to use. It can check and remove malicious software, PUPs and ‘ad supported’ software in Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers and thereby remove all intrusive Technologycraze.co.uk pop ups. AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the computer.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below and save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 12, 2018
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then click Save.
- Once downloading is done, launch the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” .AdwCleaner program will scan through the whole computer for the adware that causes a large amount of annoying Technologycraze.co.uk popup. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the AdwCleaner utility is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- When the scan get completed, AdwCleaner will show a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found. In order to remove all items, simply press “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your system, press “OK”.
The step-by-step instructions shown in detail in the following video.
How to block Technologycraze.co.uk popups
In order to increase your security and protect your machine against new intrusive pop-up and harmful sites, you need to use ad blocking program that blocks an access to malicious pop-ups and web-pages. Moreover, the program can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After the downloading process is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is done, press “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your machine, AdGuard will launch automatically and block pop ups, pages such Technologycraze.co.uk, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Don’t know how your web browser has been hijacked by Technologycraze.co.uk pop ups?
Now your PC system should be clean of the adware which causes unwanted Technologycraze.co.uk popups. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop ups and intrusive malicious web-sites) and Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your computer for new ‘ad supported’ softwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Technologycraze.co.uk pop-up from the Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.