The Sevensurvey.com web site appeared on your PC system without any notice? After that, you’re faced with the fact that your internet browser is now re-directed to other annoying web-sites and filled with a variety of popup advertisements and banners. The cause of all your problems with your personal computer is adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) that has been installed on many computers around the world without users permission, so you’re one of many.
Most probably, you do not even know how and where this adware has got into your system. In the step by step tutorial below, we will explain all the general features of ad-supported software and its typical behavior on the machine, as well as effective methods for manually removing it and Sevensurvey.com pop-ups from your PC system for free.
Table of contents
- What is Sevensurvey.com
- Sevensurvey.com pop-ups removal tutorial
- How to remove Sevensurvey.com pop-ups without any software
- How to automatically get rid of Sevensurvey.com popups
- Run AdBlocker to block Sevensurvey.com and stay safe online
- How to avoid install of Sevensurvey.com pop-ups
- Finish words
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, certain adware to also change all browsers shortcuts that located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut will try to redirect your web browser to unwanted ad web-sites such as Sevensurvey.com, certain of which might be harmful. It can make the whole personal computer more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
We strongly recommend that you perform the guidance below which will allow you to remove Sevensurvey.com pop-ups using the standard features of Windows and some proven freeware.
Sevensurvey.com pop-up advertisements removal tutorial
The following step by step guide will help you to delete Sevensurvey.com pop-ups from the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Edge. Moreover, the guide below will help you to remove malicious software, hijacker infections, PUPs and toolbars that your PC system may be infected. Please do the instructions step by step. If you need assist or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your browser or reboot your system.
How to remove Sevensurvey.com pop-ups without any software
These steps to remove Sevensurvey.com popup ads without any programs are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step instructions completely to fully get rid of this ad supported software which developed to redirect your internet browser to various ad web-sites such as Sevensurvey.com.
Remove potentially unwanted software using MS Windows Control Panel
First, go to Microsoft Windows Control Panel and remove suspicious software, all programs you don’t remember installing. It’s important to pay the most attention to software you installed just before Sevensurvey.com redirect appeared on your web-browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the Internet.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the image below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as displayed in the following example.
Very carefully look around the entire list of software installed on your machine. Most likely, one or more of them are responsible for the appearance of pop-up advertisements and browser redirect to the annoying Sevensurvey.com web-site. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious applications by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Once the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as shown on the screen below.
You will see a list of applications installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most likely they responsibility for the appearance of pop ups and browser redirect. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the application which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ as displayed on the screen below.
Delete Sevensurvey.com pop ups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer browser you revert back your internet browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware that causes multiple undesired advertisements and pop ups.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown in the figure below.
Once the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s start page, new tab page and search engine by default to default state.
Remove Sevensurvey.com pop-ups from Firefox
If your Mozilla Firefox web browser is re-directed to Sevensurvey.com without your permission or an unknown search provider opens results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset.
Launch the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware that developed to redirect your browser to various ad web-sites such as Sevensurvey.com. When, it’s done, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Sevensurvey.com advertisements from Chrome
If your Chrome browser is re-directed to unwanted Sevensurvey.com web page, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser application to its default settings.
- First, run the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you run your computer, it will show Sevensurvey.com intrusive web site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all harmful tasks that have been created by malicious program.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This opens a dialog box that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as displayed below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then delete this malicious task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to delete, then press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious program. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Disinfect the web browser’s shortcuts to remove Sevensurvey.com redirect
Now you need to clean up the internet browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the web-browser, and not on any unknown file.
Right click on the web browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all web-browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
How to automatically get rid of Sevensurvey.com popups
There are not many good free anti-malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malicious software, ‘ad supported’ software, hijacker infections and other potentially unwanted software. We suggest to use several programs, not just one. These programs that listed below will help you delete all components of the adware from your disk and Windows registry and thereby delete Sevensurvey.com popup ads.
Get rid of Sevensurvey.com redirect with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware is a tool that can remove adware, potentially unwanted programs, hijackers and other malware from your computer easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of system resources.
- Please download Zemana from the link below. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all software and open windows on your personal computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Free utility will start scanning the whole system to find out ad-supported software that made to reroute your browser to various ad web-sites such as Sevensurvey.com. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the Zemana application is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- When the scan is finished, a list of all items detected is produced.
- Review the results once the utility has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Next” button. The tool will delete ‘ad supported’ software that causes a lot of undesired Sevensurvey.com popup advertisements and move threats to the program’s quarantine. Once disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
How to get rid of Sevensurvey.com with Malwarebytes
You can remove Sevensurvey.com redirect automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malware removal utility because it may easily remove hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted software and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download MalwareBytes from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
After downloading is done, close all windows on your PC. Further, open the file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up like below, press the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install MalwareBytes Anti Malware on the PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is complete successfully, press Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will automatically start and you can see its main window like below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes tool will start scanning the whole computer to find out adware which causes annoying Sevensurvey.com pop-up ads. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your PC system. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
Once MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) completes the scan, a list of all items found is produced. Review the report and then press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes will remove adware which reroutes your internet browser to undesired Sevensurvey.com site and move items to the program’s quarantine. After the procedure is finished, you can be prompted to restart your machine. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Free to remove browser hijacker infections, adware and other malicious software.
Scan your PC system and get rid of Sevensurvey.com pop-up advertisements with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free portable program that scans your PC system for ‘ad supported’ software that causes web browsers to open unwanted Sevensurvey.com popup advertisements, potentially unwanted programs and hijacker infections and helps remove them easily. Moreover, it will also help you get rid of any harmful internet browser extensions and add-ons.
- Download AdwCleaner from the following link and save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 19, 2018
- When the download is finished, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is launched, click “Scan” button . AdwCleaner tool will start scanning the whole PC system to find out ad-supported software that causes a lot of intrusive Sevensurvey.com pop up ads. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC and the speed of your system. While the AdwCleaner is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- Once the system scan is finished, AdwCleaner will open you the results. Next, you need to press “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Run AdBlocker to block Sevensurvey.com and stay safe online
It is also critical to protect your web browsers from malicious web sites and advertisements by using an ad blocking program such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard may also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- When downloading is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up advertisements, web sites such Sevensurvey.com, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
How to avoid install of Sevensurvey.com pop-ups
Now your computer should be free of the adware that causes undesired Sevensurvey.com popups. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your computer for new ad supported softwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop annoying ads and harmful web sites). Moreover, to prevent adwares, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to find PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with Sevensurvey.com pop-up advertisements related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.