The Win32/VKontakteDJ.D is an one potentially unwanted program. If your antivirus detects this threat, then your personal computer is infected by an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software), which was set on your machine without your consent. Because, the adware is often used to display tons of annoying pop-up ads within the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge’s screen. As, the advertisers do not disdain to use any methods to promote their web-pages and attract new users. Below we explain how to remove ad-supported software and thereby remove Win32/VKontakteDJ.D unwanted program from your your computer for free.
The adware is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, alters internet browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ad-supported software can install additional browser extensions and modules that will inject advertising banners within the Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge’s screen.
Moreover, the adware may install web-browser hijacker that once started, will change the internet browser’s start page and search engine. And finally, the adware can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web sites you are opening, what you are looking for the Net and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
Table of contents
- What is Win32/VKontakteDJ.D
- Remove Win32/VKontakteDJ.D
- Delete Win32/VKontakteDJ.D adware without any tools
- Scan your computer and remove Win32/VKontakteDJ.D adware with free utilities
- How to stay safe online
- How does your PC get infected with Win32/VKontakteDJ.D
The unwanted software such as Win32/VKontakteDJ.D and adware usually affects only the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a harmful extensions. Moreover, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the computer for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you run the browser, you will see an unwanted web site.
We strongly advise that you perform the few simple steps below which will assist you to remove Win32/VKontakteDJ.D using the standard features of Windows and some proven freeware.
Fortunately, it is not hard to remove Win32/VKontakteDJ.D adware that cause intrusive pop up ads to appear. In the following guidance, we will provide two solutions to free your computer of this ad-supported software. One is the manual removal way and the other is automatic removal way. You can choose the solution that best fits you. Please follow the removal instructions below to get rid of Win32/VKontakteDJ.D right now!
Delete Win32/VKontakteDJ.D adware without any tools
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually get rid of Win32/VKontakteDJ.D ad-supported software from your computer (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP).
Remove PUPs using MS Windows Control Panel
The process of adware removal is generally the same across all versions of Windows OS from 10 to XP. To start with, it is necessary to check the list of installed programs on your computer and uninstall all unused, unknown and suspicious programs.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed in the following example.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as displayed in the figure below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of applications installed on your PC system. Most likely, one or more of them are responsible for the appearance of pop-up advertisements and browser redirect to the undesired web sites. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful programs by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
After the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as shown below.
You will see a list of programs installed on your machine. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most likely they responsibility for the appearance of pop up advertisements and web-browser redirect. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. When the program which you need to delete is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown in the following example.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If an undesired web site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all the tasks which have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This displays a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as displayed on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the unwanted software, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to delete, then press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Fix infected browsers shortcuts
After installed, this ‘ad supported’ software may add an argument similar to “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Chrome, FF, MS Edge and IE. Due to this, every time you run the web browser, it will show an undesired ad web-page.
Right click on the shortcut of infected internet browser as shown in the following example.
Select the “Properties” option and it will open a shortcut’s properties. Next, click the “Shortcut” tab and then delete the “http://site.address” string from Target field as displayed in the following example.
Then click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all web-browsers that are re-directed to unwanted web sites.
Scan your computer and remove Win32/VKontakteDJ.D adware with free utilities
After completing the manual removal tutorial above all unwanted applications and internet browser’s extensions which causes web-browser redirects should be deleted. If the problem with Win32/VKontakteDJ.D software is still remained, then we recommend to scan your computer for any remaining malicious components. Run recommended free adware removal software below.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to remove Win32/VKontakteDJ.D
We suggest you to use the Zemana Anti-malware which are completely clean your system of Win32/VKontakteDJ.D . Moreover, the utility will allow you to delete PUPs, malware, toolbars and hijackers that your PC can be infected too.
- Please download Zemana from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will start and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button .Zemana Anti-Malware program will scan through the whole computer for the Win32/VKontakteDJ.D ad supported software that causes multiple annoying advertisements and popups. During the scan Zemana Anti Malware will detect all threats present on your computer.
- Once the scan get finished, Zemana will display a list of all threats detected by the scan.
- When you are ready, click the “Next” button. The utility will get rid of Win32/VKontakteDJ.D ad supported software which designed to redirect your browser to various ad web-sites. Once disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
You can get rid of Win32/VKontakteDJ.D adware automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malicious software removal tool because it can easily get rid of browser hijackers, adware, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Please download MalwareBytes Free on your MS Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the Win32/VKontakteDJ.D which redirects your web browser to undesired ad web pages. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. When a malware, ad supported software or potentially unwanted programs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once the scan is finished, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will display you the results.
- When you are ready, press the “Quarantine Selected” button. After disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Delete Win32/VKontakteDJ.D from Windows with AdwCleaner
If MalwareBytes anti-malware or Zemana cannot remove this adware, then we advises to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijacker infections, potentially unwanted software, toolbars and Win32/VKontakteDJ.D ad supported software that cause annoying pop up advertisements to appear.
Download AdwCleaner on your Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2019
When downloading is done, open the folder in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. When the tool is opened, you will see a screen like below.
Further, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the Win32/VKontakteDJ.D adware that redirects your web-browser to intrusive ad web-pages. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. Once the checking is finished, a list of all items detected is produced as displayed in the figure below.
Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt as on the image below.
You need to click “OK”. Once disinfection is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your PC system. When your system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
These steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to stay safe online
Run an adblocker tool such as AdGuard will protect you from harmful ads and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam web-pages. Additionally, ad-blocker applications will help you to avoid undesired pop ups and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
Download AdGuard program on your MS Windows Desktop from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen like below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is complete, you will see a window as displayed in the following example.
You can press “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop advertisements, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
How does your PC get infected with Win32/VKontakteDJ.D
Many applications made to display a large number of unwanted advertisements within your computer’s browser. So, when you installing freeware, carefully read the disclaimers, select the Custom or Advanced installation mode to watch for third-party programs that are being installed, because some of the programs are potentially unwanted software such as this Win32/VKontakteDJ.D adware which made to redirect your web browser to various ad web-pages.
Now your machine should be free of the Win32/VKontakteDJ.D ad-supported software that causes annoying pop-up advertisements. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popup ads and annoying malicious web-pages) and Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your computer for new malware, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new adwares, harmful software and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Win32/VKontakteDJ.D from your computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.