Are you seeing Aliexpress popup ads in the Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge every time you use the browser to surf the Internet? This means that your computer can be infected with an adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) which looks the entire traffic generated by you and on this basis, it displays a huge number of intrusive popup advertisements. Currently, this adware are widely spread, due to the fact that most people are trying to find free programs, download and install them on the machine without proper attention to the fact that the adware can penetrate into the computer along with them.
The adware may insert a ton of advertisements directly to the web-pages that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising banners has been added by the creators of the web site. Moreover, a legal advertising banners may be replaced on the fake advertisements, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the ad-supported software has the ability to collect lots of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the World Wide Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
Table of contents
- How to remove Aliexpress pop up ads
- Remove Aliexpress popup advertisements without any utilities
- Remove potentially unwanted applications using MS Windows Control Panel
- Clean up the internet browsers shortcuts which have been hijacked by adware
- Remove Aliexpress popup ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Remove Aliexpress popup ads from Chrome
- Delete Aliexpress popups from Firefox
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- How to remove Aliexpress popup ads with free programs
- Remove Aliexpress popup advertisements without any utilities
- How to stop Aliexpress popups
- Method of Aliexpress pop-up ads intrusion into your computer
- Final words
The ad supported software usually affects only the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge by changing the browser’s settings or installing a malicious addons. Moreover, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software will perform a scan of the computer for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you open the browser, you will see an undesired Aliexpress page.
Instructions which is shown below, will allow you to clean your system from the adware as well as delete Aliexpress unwanted popups from the Firefox, Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge and other browsers.
How to remove Aliexpress pop up ads
Even if you’ve the up-to-date classic antivirus installed, and you have checked your PC system for malicious software and removed anything found, you need to do the instructions below. The Aliexpress popups removal is not simple as installing another antivirus. Classic antivirus programs are not designed to run together and will conflict with each other, or possibly crash Windows. Instead we recommend complete the manual steps below after that run Zemana Anti-malware, Malwarebytes or AdwCleaner, which are free programs dedicated to scan for and remove adware that causes a huge count of unwanted Aliexpress popup ads. Run these tools to ensure the adware is removed.
Remove Aliexpress popup advertisements without any utilities
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to delete the Aliexpress pop-ups from the FF, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge internet browsers.
Remove potentially unwanted applications using MS Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, ‘ad supported’ software and browser hijackers can be removed using the Add/Remove programs tool which may be found in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel. So, if you are using any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted application, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all programs installed on the personal computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Clean up the internet browsers shortcuts which have been hijacked by adware
Now you need to clean up the web-browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the web-browser, and not on any unknown file.
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut that you use to launch your web-browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the web-browser that is redirected to Aliexpress or other undesired web page.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The adware can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you run your browser. Depending on the web browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text similar “http://site.addres” which has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the screen below.
Next, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you run the browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the Aliexpress site or any other undesired web-sites. Once the step is complete, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove Aliexpress popup ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by an malware.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown on the image below.
Once the process is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s startpage, newtab and default search provider to default state.
Remove Aliexpress popup ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of the hijackers, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the web-browser’s newtab, startpage and search engine by default that have been replaced by ‘ad supported’ software which made to reroute your internet browser to various ad sites such as Aliexpress.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Aliexpress popups from Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your web-browser program, including the redirect to Aliexpress page.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the image below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your FF browser settings to its original state.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ‘ad supported’ software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your machine, it will show Aliexpress annoying web-page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all malicious tasks that have been created by malicious program.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This opens a prompt that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please choose the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then press on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove Aliexpress popup ads with free programs
The easiest solution to remove Aliexpress advertisements is to run an anti-malware program capable of detecting this adware that causes intrusive Aliexpress popups. We suggest try Zemana Anti-malware or another free malicious software remover that listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to ‘ad supported’ software, hijacker infections and other PUPs.
How to automatically get rid of Aliexpress ads with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware highly recommended, because it can find security threats such adware and ad supported softwares which most ‘classic’ antivirus applications fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Aliexpress pop up ads removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Anti-malware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Download Zemana anti malware (ZAM) from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- When the download is finished, close all programs and windows on your machine. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the ad supported software that causes multiple unwanted pop ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your computer.
- When that process is finished, it’ll display a list of detected items. You may move threats to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply press “Next”. After finished, you may be prompted to restart your system.
How to delete Aliexpress pop-ups with Malwarebytes
Delete Aliexpress pop-ups manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free program will help you to delete malware, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and hijacker infections that your system can be infected too.
Download Malwarebytes Free on your system from the link below. Save it on your desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, close all windows on your system. Further, launch the file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown on the screen below, press the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Malwarebytes on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, click Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically launch and you can see its main window as on the image below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button It will scan through the whole computer for the ad supported software that causes browsers to show annoying Aliexpress advertisements. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the tool is checking, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
After the scanning is finished, it will display a list of all items detected by this tool. When you’re ready, click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will remove ad-supported software which cause unwanted Aliexpress pop ups to appear. Once disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your PC. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the Malwarebytes to remove hijackers, ad-supported software and other malware.
Remove Aliexpress pop up advertisements and harmful extensions with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and use to remove ad-supported software that causes intrusive Aliexpress popups, browser hijacker infections, malicious software, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and other threats from your PC. You may run this utility to find threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: November 17, 2018
- When the download is finished, double press the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is opened, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that designed to reroute your web-browser to various ad sites like Aliexpress. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- As the scanning ends, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to stop Aliexpress popups
In order to increase your security and protect your PC system against new intrusive ads and harmful web sites, you need to run ad blocking program that blocks an access to malicious ads and sites. Moreover, the program can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- When downloading is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is complete, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop ads, Aliexpress pop-ups, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Method of Aliexpress pop-up ads intrusion into your computer
The adware is usually gets on your computer along with free programs and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your system. This happens especially when you’re installing a free software. The application installer tricks you into accepting the installation of optional applications, which you do not really want. Moreover, certain paid software can also install optional software which you do not want! Therefore, always download free programs and paid programs from reputable download web pages. Use ONLY custom or manual installation mode and never blindly press Next button.
Once you’ve finished the few simple steps shown above, your computer should be free from malware and ‘ad supported’ software that causes multiple annoying Aliexpress pop ups. The Google Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer and MS Edge will no longer reroute you to various undesired pages. Unfortunately, if the instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.