The Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet is an one of the many misleading sites, which created to force you into calling a fake tech support. If the web browser opens automatically to this site, then your machine is infected with an adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software), which was set on your PC without your consent. Because, the ad supported software is often used to show a lot of annoying popups within the Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge’s screen. As, the advertisers do not disdain to use any methods to promote their sites and attract new users. Below we explain how to remove adware and thereby remove Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet undesired ads from your browser.
Technically, the adware is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates lots of ads. It may download and install on to your system other harmful and unwanted programs without your permission, force you to visit misleading or harmful web sites. Moreover, the adware can install web-browser hijacker. Once installed, it’ll change your web-browser setting such as newtab, start page and search provider by default with an unwanted page.
The ad-supported software often alter all web-browser shortcuts that located on your Desktop to force you visit certain undesired ad web-pages. As a result, your web-browser can still redirect you to an unwanted ad web-site despite your PC is actually clean of adware and other malicious software.
Table of contents
- What is Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet
- Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop-up removal tutorial
- How to remove Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop-up without any software
- Remove suspicious applications through the Control Panel of your system
- Clean up the web-browsers shortcuts that have been hijacked by adware
- Remove Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet popup from Internet Explorer
- Remove Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake popup error from Chrome
- Get rid of Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet from FF by resetting web-browser settings
- Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop up automatic removal
- How to remove Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop-up without any software
- Run AdBlocker to block Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet and stay safe online
- How to avoid install of Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet popup scam
- To sum up
We suggest to delete the ‘ad supported’ software that cause misleading Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop-up to appear, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources that may load other malicious software on your computer.
Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop-up removal tutorial
In the step-by-step instructions below, we’ll try to cover the Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge and provide general help to remove Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop up. You may find some minor differences in your MS Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: delete all suspicious and unknown software, reset internet browsers settings, fix web browsers shortcuts, delete harmful scheduled tasks, run free malicious software removal utilities. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your personal computer.
How to remove Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop-up without any software
If you perform exactly the guidance below you should be able to remove the Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop up error from the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer web-browsers.
Remove suspicious applications through the Control Panel of your system
First, go to MS Windows Control Panel and delete suspicious software, all applications you don’t remember installing. It is important to pay the most attention to applications you installed just before Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake popup appeared on your browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the Internet.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all software installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Clean up the web-browsers shortcuts that have been hijacked by adware
The ‘ad supported’ software may hijack various Windows shortcuts on your desktop (most often, all web browsers shortcuts), so in this step you need to check and clean them by removing the argument like http://site.address/.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text similar “http://site.address” that has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet popup from Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser settings such as start page, new tab page and search engine by default having been modified by adware that made to display misleading Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet pop up scam within your web-browser, then you may return your settings, via the reset web-browser procedure.
First, open the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect. It will delete Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop-up error, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like startpage, newtab and default search provider to default state.
Remove Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake popup error from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the hijackers, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the web-browser’s new tab page, homepage and search provider by default that have been modified by ad-supported software that causes multiple misleading Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet alerts and pop-ups.
- First run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your web browser’s new tab page, homepage and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet from FF by resetting web-browser settings
If the Firefox settings like home page, new tab and default search engine have been replaced by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Start the FF and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. Once, it’s complete, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ‘ad supported’ software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you launch your personal computer, it will show Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet unwanted page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all harmful tasks which have been created by malicious program.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This displays a dialog box that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then delete this malicious task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ application, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to get rid of, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks which have been created by unwanted applications. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop up automatic removal
If your machine is still infected with adware that causes multiple misleading Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet alerts and pop ups, then the best way of detection and removal is to run an anti-malware scan on the PC. Download free malware removal tools below and start a full system scan. It will help you get rid of all components of the adware from hardisk and Windows registry.
How to automatically get rid of Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake popup with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware is a utility which can get rid of ad-supported software, potentially unwanted software, browser hijackers and other malicious software from your PC system easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of computer resources.
Now you can setup and run Zemana AntiMalware to get rid of Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop-up error from your internet browser by following the steps below:
Click the link below to download Zemana AntiMalware installation package called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your PC system.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
Launch the setup file after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to install this tool on your machine.
During setup you can change certain settings, but we recommend you don’t make any changes to default settings.
When install is complete, this malicious software removal tool will automatically start and update itself. You will see its main window as shown below.
Now click the “Scan” button for scanning your system for the adware that causes misleading Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop up error on your web-browser. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the tool is scanning, you may see count of objects and files has already scanned.
When the system scan is finished, it will open a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware will begin to delete ad-supported software that causes misleading Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake popup on your web browser. Once finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC system to make the change take effect.
Automatically remove Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake popup error with Malwarebytes
Manual Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop-up error removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware can be not completely removed. We recommend that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your PC of adware. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, PUPs, browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC can be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes (MBAM) by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- Once downloading is finished, close all applications and windows on your PC. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, press the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole computer to find out ad supported software that causes web-browsers to open misleading Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet pop up scam. This process may take some time, so please be patient. When a malware, adware or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
- Once the scan is complete, it will display a list of found threats. In order to remove all items, simply click “Quarantine Selected”. Once the task is complete, you can be prompted to restart your machine.
The following video offers a step-by-step guide on how to delete hijacker infections, adware and other malicious software with Malwarebytes.
Get rid of Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop up from web-browsers with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner utility is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove malware, potentially unwanted applications and ad-supported software in FF, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge web browsers and thereby get rid of all unwanted Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet pop up ads. AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the system.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 4, 2019
- After downloading is done, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ‘ad supported’ software that shows misleading Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop up on your computer. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
- When the scan is finished, it’ll display you the results. Review the results once the utility has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, press “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Run AdBlocker to block Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet and stay safe online
If you surf the Internet, you cannot avoid malicious advertising. But you can protect your web-browser against it. Download and run an ad-blocker program. AdGuard is an ad-blocking which can filter out a large number of of the malvertising, stoping dynamic scripts from loading malicious content.
Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is complete, you will see a window like below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block advertisements, web pages such Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How to avoid install of Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet popup scam
Many software made to show a huge number of annoying advertisements within your computer’s internet browser. So, when you installing free software, carefully read the disclaimers, select the Custom or Advanced installation mode to watch for third-party software that are being installed, because some of the programs are PUPs such as this adware that causes web-browsers to open misleading Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop-up error.
To sum up
Now your PC should be free of the adware that cause misleading Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet fake pop up to appear. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Zemana Anti-malware (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malicious software, browser hijackers and adware) and AdGuard (to help you block annoying ads and harmful web-sites). Moreover, to prevent ad supported software, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to scan for PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with Windows Firewall Blocked The Internet pop up related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.