The cause of unwanted Freestreet.games pop up ads on your screen is adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software). Technically, the ‘ad supported’ software, that opens a large amount of pop ups or redirects on an annoying web page, is not a virus. It’s is designed to make a revenue. Once started, the ‘ad supported’ software injects a small code within the content of web pages that you visit. The malicious code may pop-up a new web browser window with Freestreet.games web site or insert lots of advertising links directly into the web-pages you are viewing.
The ad-supported software is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is made with the sole purpose to open dozens of pop up ads, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open internet browser window. So, the Freestreet.games is just one of the many web-pages of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It’s designed to fill the browser’s constant stream of advertisements, or redirect the browser to not expected and intrusive advertising web sites.
Moreover, the adware can substitute the legitimate advertising links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit harmful web-sites. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web sites, so the creators of adware, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the adware receive income. It is the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
Table of contents
- What is Freestreet.games
- How to remove Freestreet.games popups
- Manual Freestreet.games pop up advertisements removal
- Delete Freestreet.games associated software by using Control Panel
- Fix infected web-browsers shortcuts to delete Freestreet.games redirect
- Remove Freestreet.games from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Freestreet.games popup advertisements from Chrome
- Get rid of Freestreet.games pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Remove Freestreet.games popups with free utilities
- Manual Freestreet.games pop up advertisements removal
- Stop Freestreet.games ads and other annoying web-pages
- How to prevent Freestreet.games pop-ups from getting inside your system
- Final words
Most often, the ad-supported software affects the most common web-browsers such as the Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge. But such the harmful software as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a web-browser’s shortcut). So every time you run the web browser, it will redirect to the annoying Freestreet.games web-page. Even if you setup a new start page, an undesired site will be the first thing you see when you launch the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge.
Instructions that is shown below, will help you to clean your personal computer from the adware as well as get rid of Freestreet.games intrusive pop ups from the Chrome, FF, Microsoft Edge and IE and other internet browsers.
How to remove Freestreet.games popups
Even if you’ve the up-to-date classic antivirus installed, and you have checked your PC for malicious software and removed anything found, you need to do the tutorial below. The Freestreet.games pop up advertisements removal is not simple as installing another antivirus. Classic antivirus programs are not designed to run together and will conflict with each other, or possibly crash Windows. Instead we suggest complete the manual steps below after that run Zemana Anti-malware, Malwarebytes or AdwCleaner, which are free software dedicated to detect and delete ad-supported software which causes unwanted Freestreet.games popups. Use these tools to ensure the adware is removed.
Manual Freestreet.games pop up advertisements removal
Most common ad supported software may be deleted without any antivirus software. The manual adware removal is blog post tutorial that will teach you how to get rid of the Freestreet.games pop-up ads.
Delete Freestreet.games associated software by using Control Panel
First of all, check the list of installed applications on your computer and delete all unknown and recently installed software. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malicious software and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal tool like Zemana Anti-malware.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all applications installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Fix infected web-browsers shortcuts to delete Freestreet.games redirect
Important to know, most antimalware programs that are able to delete adware, but unable to find and recover altered shortcuts. So, you need to fix the desktop shortcuts for your Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Edge web browsers manually.
Open the properties of the web browser shortcut. Right click on the shortcut of infected web browser and select the “Properties” option and it’ll show the properties of the shortcut. Next, choose the “Shortcut” tab and have a look at the Target field as shown below.
Normally, if the last word in the Target field is chrome.exe, iexplore.exe, firefox.exe. Be sure to pay attention to the extension, should be “exe”! All shortcuts that have been altered by adware like Freestreet.games usually point to .bat, .cmd or .url files instead of .exe as on the image below
Another variant, an address has been added at the end of the line. In this case the Target field looks such as …Application\chrome.exe” http://site.address as shown in the figure below.
In order to fix a shortcut, you need to insert right path to the Target field or remove an address (if it has been added at the end). You can use the following information to fix your shortcuts which have been modified by ‘ad supported’ software.
|Chrome||C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe|
|FF||C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe|
|Internet Explorer||C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|Opera||C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe|
Once is done, click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all web browsers which are redirected to the Freestreet.games intrusive web-site.
Remove Freestreet.games from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
The Firefox reset will keep your personal information like bookmarks, passwords, web form auto-fill data, recover preferences and security settings, remove redirects to annoying Freestreet.games web site and adware.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your FF web browser settings to its original state.
Remove Freestreet.games popup advertisements from Chrome
If your Chrome web browser is re-directed to undesired Freestreet.games page, it may be necessary to completely reset your web browser program to its default settings.
- First run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your browser’s new tab page, home page and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Freestreet.games pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web browser you restore your web browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by ad supported software which causes undesired Freestreet.games pop-ups.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then press the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the screen below.
When the task is complete, press “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s startpage, new tab page and default search engine to default state.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the undesired Freestreet.games site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks which have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This displays a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then get rid of this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
Scan your computer and remove Freestreet.games popups with free utilities
The easiest way to remove Freestreet.games advertisements is to use an anti-malware program capable of detecting this adware which designed to redirect your web browser to various ad web pages like Freestreet.games. We recommend try Zemana Anti-malware or another free malicious software remover that listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware, hijacker infections and other potentially unwanted software.
How to delete Freestreet.games popups with Zemana Anti-malware
We suggest using the Zemana Anti-malware. You may download and install Zemana Anti-malware to scan for adware and thereby get rid of Freestreet.games popups from the Google Chrome, FF, Edge and Internet Explorer web browsers. When installed and updated, the malicious software remover will automatically check and detect all threats exist on your computer.
- Please download Zemana Anti-Malware to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is complete, please close all software and open windows on your system. Next, run a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti-Malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-Malware will run and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the ad-supported software that cause undesired Freestreet.games pop up ads to appear. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC system and the speed of your computer. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- After it completes the scan, it will open a scan report.
- In order to remove all items, simply click the “Next” button. The tool will delete ‘ad supported’ software that cause undesired Freestreet.games pop-ups to appear and add threats to the Quarantine. Once that process is complete, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the Zemana AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
How to remove Freestreet.games with Malwarebytes
Remove Freestreet.games pop-ups manually is difficult and often the ‘ad supported’ software is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, PUPs, toolbars and browser hijacker infections that your machine may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is finished, please close all software and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will open and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole machine to find out adware that causes annoying Freestreet.games popups.
- Once it has finished scanning, a list of all threats found is produced.
- Next, you need to press the “Quarantine Selected” button. After finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Scan your machine and delete Freestreet.games redirect with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool which can check your computer for a wide range of security threats such as malicious software, ‘ad supported’ softwares, PUPs as well as ‘ad supported’ software which made to redirect your web browser to various ad web-pages like Freestreet.games. It will perform a deep scan of your computer including hard drives and Windows registry. When a malware is found, it will help you to get rid of all detected threats from your machine by a simple click.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: February 8, 2018
- After downloading is finished, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is started, click “Scan” button . This will start scanning the whole system to find out ad-supported software which reroutes your web-browser to undesired Freestreet.games web-page. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malware, ad supported software or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- As the scanning ends, a list of all threats found is produced. All detected threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Stop Freestreet.games ads and other annoying web-pages
Using an ad-blocker program such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad blocker applications will also protect you from harmful ads and web-sites, and, of course, stop redirection chain to Freestreet.games and similar web sites.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After the downloading process is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up ads, web sites such Freestreet.games, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How to prevent Freestreet.games pop-ups from getting inside your system
The ‘ad supported’ software is usually come in the composition, together with free applications and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your machine. This happens especially when you’re installing a freeware. The application setup file tricks you into accepting the install of additional programs, which you don’t really want. Moreover, some paid software can also install optional applications that you don’t want! Therefore, always download free software and paid software from reputable download web-pages. Use ONLY custom or manual installation mode and never blindly press Next button.
After completing the steps shown above, your computer should be clean from malware, browser hijackers and ad supported software. The Chrome, IE, Firefox and MS Edge will no longer display Freestreet.games undesired web-site when you browse the World Wide Web. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When the system scan is finished, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the undesired Freestreet.games ads.