If you find that your web-browser has become show the unwanted Channel1vids.com pop-up advertisements then it’s possible that your system is infected with malicious software from the adware family. The adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) is a form of unwanted software that can show a large number of advertisements without a user’s permission. Moreover, it can redirect the web-browser on harmful and misleading sites.
While your computer is infected with the ad-supported software, the Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge may be redirected to Channel1vids.com unwanted web site. Of course, the ad-supported software may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may show a large count of unwanted advertisements. These ads will be injected within the content of web-pages that are you opening in your web-browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The ads will appear on all pages, including web sites where previously you have never seen any advertising links.
Table of contents
- What is Channel1vids.com
- How to remove Channel1vids.com pop-ups
- How to manually remove Channel1vids.com
- Remove suspicious and potentially unwanted applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Clean up the browsers shortcuts which have been hijacked by adware
- Remove Channel1vids.com pop up advertisements from Google Chrome
- Get rid of Channel1vids.com redirect from IE
- Get rid of Channel1vids.com ads from FF
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Channel1vids.com pop up ads automatic removal
- How to manually remove Channel1vids.com
- Run AdBlocker to stop Channel1vids.com and stay safe online
- Do not know how your browser has been hijacked by Channel1vids.com ads?
- Final words
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, certain adware to also alter all web browsers shortcuts that located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut will try to redirect your browser to unwanted ad sites such as Channel1vids.com, certain of which might be malicious. It can make the whole computer more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
It is important, do not use Channel1vids.com web site and do not click on ads placed on it, as they can lead you to a more malicious or misleading web-pages. The best option is to use the few simple steps posted below to free your computer of adware and thereby remove Channel1vids.com redirect.
How to remove Channel1vids.com pop-ups
Even if you’ve the up-to-date classic antivirus installed, and you’ve checked your system for malware and removed anything found, you need to do the instructions below. The Channel1vids.com popups removal is not simple as installing another antivirus. Classic antivirus programs are not made to run together and will conflict with each other, or possibly crash Windows. Instead we recommend complete the manual steps below after that run Zemana Anti-malware, Malwarebytes or AdwCleaner, which are free programs dedicated to scan for and remove adware that causes internet browsers to display unwanted Channel1vids.com pop-up ads. Run these tools to ensure the adware is removed.
How to manually remove Channel1vids.com
The guidance will help you remove Channel1vids.com popups. These Channel1vids.com removal steps work for the Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system.
Remove suspicious and potentially unwanted applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the machine cleaning process by checking the list of installed applications and uninstall all unknown or suspicious programs. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious applications such as adware and hijackers may be bundled with free programs. Delete the unwanted applications can delete the unwanted advertisements or internet browser redirect.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all software installed on the PC system.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Clean up the browsers shortcuts which have been hijacked by adware
The ‘ad supported’ software can hijack various Windows shortcuts on your desktop (most often, all web browsers shortcuts), so in this step you need to check and clean them by removing the argument like http://site.address/.
Open the properties of the internet browser shortcut. Right click on the shortcut of infected web browser and choose the “Properties” option and it’ll open the properties of the shortcut. Next, choose the “Shortcut” tab and have a look at the Target field as shown on the image below.
Normally, if the last word in the Target field is chrome.exe, iexplore.exe, firefox.exe. Be sure to pay attention to the extension, should be “exe”! All shortcuts which have been modified by adware such as Channel1vids.com usually point to .bat, .cmd or .url files instead of .exe like below
Another variant, an address has been added at the end of the line. In this case the Target field looks such as …Application\chrome.exe” http://site.address like below.
In order to fix a shortcut, you need to insert right path to the Target field or remove an address (if it has been added at the end). You can use the following information to fix your shortcuts that have been modified by ad-supported software.
|Chrome||C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe|
|Firefox||C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe|
|Internet Explorer||C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe|
|Opera||C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe|
Once is done, click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all web-browsers which are redirected to the Channel1vids.com undesired web site.
Remove Channel1vids.com pop up advertisements from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the adware, harmful and adware extensions, as well as to recover the internet browser’s home page, new tab page and default search provider that have been replaced by ad-supported software that causes annoying Channel1vids.com advertisements.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your web browser’s home page, new tab and default search provider will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Channel1vids.com redirect from IE
By resetting Internet Explorer web browser you restore your web-browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by ad supported software that causes multiple undesired ads and popups.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then press the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
After the task is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s home page, newtab and search engine by default to default state.
Get rid of Channel1vids.com ads from FF
If the Mozilla Firefox settings such as newtab, home page and search provider by default have been modified by the ad supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, open the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the unwanted Channel1vids.com site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks which have been created by malicious applications.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This opens a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then delete this malicious task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the malicious application, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks which have been created by malicious programs. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Channel1vids.com pop up ads automatic removal
Use malicious software removal utilities to get rid of Channel1vids.com pop-ups automatically. The free applications utilities specially developed for hijackers, ad supported software and other potentially unwanted applications removal. These utilities can remove most of ‘ad supported’ software from Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and IE. Moreover, it can remove all components of ‘ad supported’ software from Windows registry and system drives.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to remove Channel1vids.com advertisements
You can get rid of Channel1vids.com pop up advertisements automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We suggest this malicious software removal tool because it may easily get rid of hijackers, potentially unwanted applications, ad-supported software which redirects your browser to Channel1vids.com web site with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Download Zemana antimalware (ZAM) from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- When the download is finished, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, click the “Scan” button It will scan through the whole PC for the adware that developed to redirect your internet browser to various ad sites such as Channel1vids.com. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. While the utility is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- Once the scan is complete, it will open a list of all items detected by this utility. You may move threats to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply click “Next”. Once the cleaning procedure is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
How to remove Channel1vids.com with Malwarebytes
Remove Channel1vids.com pop-up ads manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will allow you to delete malware, PUPs, toolbars and browser hijackers that your PC can be infected too.
Download Malwarebytes from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
When the downloading process is done, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup as shown below.
When the installation starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will help you setup Malwarebytes on your PC.
Once installation is finished, you will see window as on the image below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button It’ll scan through the whole personal computer for the ‘ad supported’ software which redirects your web browser to intrusive Channel1vids.com web page. Depending on your machine, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
After it has finished scanning your PC system, a list of all items found is produced. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will now begin to delete ad supported software that causes web-browsers to show undesired Channel1vids.com pop up ads. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart your PC.
The following video explains tutorial on how to delete hijacker, adware and other malware with Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
Use AdwCleaner to get rid of Channel1vids.com ads from web browser
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and use to remove ad-supported software which redirects your web-browser to annoying Channel1vids.com web site, browser hijackers, malicious software, potentially unwanted software, toolbars and other threats from your computer. You can use this tool to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: September 3, 2018
- When the downloading process is finished, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that causes web-browsers to display unwanted Channel1vids.com popup advertisements. This task can take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
- After it completes the scan, it will open a list of all threats detected by this utility. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, press “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Run AdBlocker to stop Channel1vids.com and stay safe online
In order to increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use ad blocking program that blocks an access to malicious advertisements and web-sites. Moreover, the application can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- When the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your machine, AdGuard will launch automatically and block advertisements, pages such Channel1vids.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Do not know how your browser has been hijacked by Channel1vids.com ads?
Now your PC should be clean of the ad supported software which created to reroute your internet browser to various ad web sites such as Channel1vids.com. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up advertisements and annoying malicious web-sites) and Zemana Anti-malware (to periodically scan your PC system for new hijacker infections, malicious software and adware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Channel1vids.com advertisements from the Chrome, FF, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.