Computer security experts have confirmed that the Searchingresult.com is a browser hijacker. When downloaded and started onto a PC system, this hijacker quickly alters the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser’s settings like homepage, new tab page and default search engine to its own web site without any permission. For this reason, every time you launch the affected web-browser, it being re-directed to the Searchingresult.com web-page. Even though you have uninstalled its address from your web-browser’s settings, after restart your internet browser, the intrusive web site still appears.
Besides the fact that Searchingresult.com browser hijacker modifies your startpage, this annoying web-page may set yourself as your search engine. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of a huge number of advertisements, links to unwanted and ad web-pages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search providers.
Table of contents
- What is Searchingresult.com
- Searchingresult.com home page removal guide
- How to delete Searchingresult.com without any software
- Remove suspicious and potentially unwanted applications using Windows Control Panel
- Clean up the web browsers shortcuts which have been hijacked by Searchingresult.com
- Remove Searchingresult.com redirect from Google Chrome
- Get rid of Searchingresult.com start page from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Remove Searchingresult.com from FF by resetting web-browser settings
- How to get rid of Searchingresult.com homepage with free software
- How to delete Searchingresult.com without any software
- Block Searchingresult.com start page and other annoying sites
- Prevent Searchingresult.com hijacker from installing
- To sum up
While redirecting, your web-browser’s status bar may show the following messages: ‘Waiting for Searchingresult.com’, ‘Transferring data from Searchingresult.com’, ‘Looking up Searchingresult.com’, ‘Read Searchingresult.com’, ‘Connected to Searchingresult.com’.
Most often, the Searchingresult.com browser hijacker affects most common internet browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. But such hijackers as well may infect other internet browsers by modifying its shortcuts (adding ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of browser’s shortcut). So every time you launch the web-browser, it will open Searchingresult.com web-page. Even if you setup your startpage again, the unwanted Searchingresult.com web-page will be the first thing that you see when you run the browser.
We strongly suggest that you perform the guidance below that will allow you to remove Searchingresult.com redirect using the standard features of Windows and some proven freeware.
Searchingresult.com home page removal guide
Fortunately, it is not hard to get rid of the Searchingresult.com browser hijacker. In the following guide, we will provide two ways to free your PC of this hijacker infection. One is the manual removal way and the other is automatic removal way. You can select the way that best fits you. Please follow the removal steps below to remove Searchingresult.com right now!
How to delete Searchingresult.com without any software
Steps to delete Searchingresult.com hijacker without any applications are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step steps completely to fully remove this unwanted Searchingresult.com search.
Remove suspicious and potentially unwanted applications using Windows Control Panel
It’s of primary importance to first identify and remove all PUPs, ‘ad supported’ software software and hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your MS Windows Control Panel.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the figure below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown on the image below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of applications installed on your machine. Most likely, one or more of them are responsible for the appearance of popup advertisements and browser redirect to the intrusive Searchingresult.com page. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful applications by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as shown below.
You will see a list of applications installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the software that were installed last. Most likely they responsibility for the appearance of ads and browser redirect. If you are in doubt, you can always check the application by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown below.
Clean up the web browsers shortcuts which have been hijacked by Searchingresult.com
Unfortunately, the hijacker infection can also hijack Windows shortcuts (mostly, your web-browsers shortcuts), so that the Searchingresult.com startpage will be opened when you launch the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge or another web-browser.
Right click to a desktop shortcut for your web browser. Choose the “Properties” option. It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The browser hijacker can replace it. If you are seeing something such as “…exe http://site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example as on the image below.
Once is finished, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for web-browser shortcuts which redirects to an intrusive web-sites. When you have completed, go to next step.
Remove Searchingresult.com redirect from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the browser hijacker infection, harmful and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s homepage, newtab page and search engine by default that have been modified by browser hijacker infection.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Searchingresult.com start page from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting IE web-browser you revert back your internet browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by hijacker like Searchingresult.com.
First, start the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect. It will remove Searchingresult.com hijacker, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like homepage, new tab and search provider by default to default state.
Remove Searchingresult.com from FF by resetting web-browser settings
The Mozilla Firefox reset will keep your personal information such as bookmarks, passwords, web form auto-fill data and get rid of unwanted search provider and startpage like Searchingresult.com, modified preferences, extensions and security settings.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox internet browser settings to its original state.
How to get rid of Searchingresult.com homepage with free software
Manual removal guide does not always help to completely get rid of the hijacker, as it’s not easy to identify and delete components of browser hijacker infection and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you run malware removal utility to completely get rid of Searchingresult.com off your machine. Several free malware removal tools are currently available that may be used against the hijacker infection. The optimum method would be to use Zemana Anti-malware, Malwarebytes Free and AdwCleaner.
How to remove Searchingresult.com with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware is a utility that can delete ad-supported software, potentially unwanted software, browser hijackers and other malicious software from your computer easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of system resources.
Download Zemana Anti-Malware on your system from the link below. Save it on your desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
When the download is done, close all windows on your computer. Further, start the set up file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up like below, press the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana Anti Malware on the PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, Zemana Anti-Malware will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown on the screen below.
Next, click the “Scan” button for checking your machine for the Searchingresult.com hijacker and other malware and ad-supported software. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
After the scan get finished, it’ll open a scan report. Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will delete hijacker which cause a redirect to Searchingresult.com page. When the procedure is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
Use Malwarebytes to remove Searchingresult.com redirect
Remove Searchingresult.com hijacker manually is difficult and often the hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your machine. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malicious software, potentially unwanted software, toolbars and adware that your PC system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will launch and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole computer to find out Searchingresult.com browser hijacker infection and other kinds of potential threats like malicious software and adware. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the application is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- After the system scan is finished, it will display you the results.
- You may move threats to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Remove Searchingresult.com hijacker infection and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free portable program that scans your personal computer for ad supported software, PUPs and browser hijackers like Searchingresult.com and helps delete them easily. Moreover, it’ll also help you remove any malicious web browser extensions and add-ons.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: February 8, 2018
After the downloading process is finished, open the folder in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. When the tool is started, you will see a screen as shown below.
Further, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the browser hijacker that causes web browsers to show annoying Searchingresult.com site. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your system and the speed of your PC system. When it has finished scanning, it’ll display a scan report as shown on the image below.
Review the scan results and then click “Clean” button. It will open a dialog box as on the image below.
You need to click “OK”. When the task is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your personal computer. When your computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
These steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Block Searchingresult.com start page and other annoying sites
By installing an ad-blocking program such as AdbGuard, you are able to stop Searchingresult.com, autoplaying video ads and remove a lot of distracting and intrusive ads on web-sites.
Installing the AdGuard adblocker application is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
After the downloading process is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen like below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick instructions which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block advertisements, pages such Searchingresult.com, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
Prevent Searchingresult.com hijacker from installing
To sum up
Once you have complete the step-by-step tutorial outlined above, your computer should be clean from malware and browser hijackers. The Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge will no longer display Searchingresult.com undesired homepage on startup. Unfortunately, if the step by step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the scan get completed, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Searchingresult.com homepage.