The Technologycraze web site appeared on your PC system without any notice? After that, you are faced with the fact that your browser is now re-directed to other intrusive web pages and filled with a variety of popup and banners. The cause of all your problems with your computer is adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) that has been installed on many personal computers around the world without users permission, so you’re one of many. Most probably, you do not even know how and where this ‘ad supported’ software has got into your computer. In the few simple steps below, we will explain all the general features of ad-supported software and its typical behavior on the computer, as well as effective methods for manually removing it from your personal computer.
It’s not a good idea to have an unwanted program such as this on your computer. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. The can also be used to collect a wide variety of personal data which can be later sold to third parties. You don’t know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely don’t know what will happen when you click on any Technologycraze pop ups.
The ad supported software usually affects only the Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a harmful add-ons. Moreover, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The ‘ad supported’ software will perform a scan of the computer for browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you open the internet browser, you will see an undesired Technologycraze web site.
Therefore it’s very important to follow the few simple steps below as soon as possible. The steps will assist you to get rid of ad-supported software as well as clean your machine from the Technologycraze pop ups. What is more, the guide below will allow you delete other harmful software like unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, that could penetrate into system along with the adware.
Table of contents
- What is Technologycraze
- How to remove Technologycraze pop-ups
- Manual Technologycraze popups removal
- Delete suspicious and potentially unwanted applications using MS Windows Control Panel
- Fix infected browsers shortcuts to remove Technologycraze redirect
- Remove Technologycraze redirect from Google Chrome
- Get rid of Technologycraze pop-up from Firefox
- Get rid of Technologycraze pop up from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- How to get rid of Technologycraze redirect with freeware
- Manual Technologycraze popups removal
- How to block Technologycraze redirect
- How can you prevent the Technologycraze popups
- To sum up
How to remove Technologycraze pop-ups
The following instructions will help you to get rid of Technologycraze popups from the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. Moreover, the guide below will help you to remove malware, hijackers, potentially unwanted software and toolbars that your personal computer may be infected. Please do the guidance step by step. If you need help or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your internet browser or restart your computer.
Manual Technologycraze popups removal
Most common may be removed without any antivirus applications. The manual removal is post step by step tutorial that will teach you how to remove the Technologycraze popup.
Delete suspicious and potentially unwanted applications using MS Windows Control Panel
First method for manual removal is to go into the Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of applications on your PC system and see if there are any suspicious and unknown programs. If you see any, you need to uninstall them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Internet search to find details on the application. If it is a potentially unwanted application, ad supported software or malware, you will likely find information that says so.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all applications installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Fix infected browsers shortcuts to remove Technologycraze redirect
A may hijack various Windows shortcuts on your desktop (most often, all web-browsers shortcuts), so in this step you need to check and clean them by removing the argument such as http://site.address/.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all web-browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge.
Remove Technologycraze redirect from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of the , harmful and adware extensions, as well as to recover the browser’s startpage, new tab and search engine by default that have been changed by adware that cause undesired Technologycraze pop-up to appear.
- First launch the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is done, your web browser’s start page, new tab and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Technologycraze pop-up from Firefox
If the Firefox settings like startpage, newtab and default search provider have been replaced by the , then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as on the image below
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the adware which created to redirect your browser to various ad sites like Technologycraze. Once, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Technologycraze pop up from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer browser you return your browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by ad supported software that made to redirect your internet browser to various ad sites such as Technologycraze.
First, run the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown below.
Once the procedure is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s start page, newtab page and search provider by default to default state.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ‘ad supported’ software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your PC system, it will open Technologycraze undesired web-site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all harmful tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This displays a dialog box that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please choose the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this malicious task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ program, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to get rid of, then click on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks which have been created by ‘ad-supported’ application. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to get rid of Technologycraze redirect with freeware
In order to completely delete Technologycraze, you not only need to remove adware from your personal computer, but also get rid of all its components in your machine including Windows registry entries. We suggest to download and run free removal utilities to automatically free your machine of ad supported software that cause undesired Technologycraze pop up to appear.
Automatically remove Technologycraze pop ups with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware is a tool that can delete ‘ad supported’ software, PUPs, hijackers and other malicious software from your system easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of PC resources.
- Download Zemana anti malware (ZAM) from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- After downloading is complete, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, press the “Scan” button for scanning your PC system for the ad supported software that causes internet browsers to open annoying Technologycraze pop ups. This process may take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
- As the scanning ends, it will open you the results. Make sure all entries have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next”. Once disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
How to remove Technologycraze with Malwarebytes
Delete Technologycraze redirect manually is difficult and often the is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, the free application will allow you to delete malicious software, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and hijackers that your computer can be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes (MBAM) by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- Once the download is complete, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, press the “Scan Now” button for scanning your computer for the ad supported software that causes lots of undesired Technologycraze pop ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your computer. When a malicious software, ‘ad supported’ software or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When it has finished scanning, it will display you the results. Review the report and then click “Quarantine Selected”. Once disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart your PC system.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to remove browser hijacker with Malwarebytes.
Scan your PC system and get rid of Technologycraze pop ups with AdwCleaner
If MalwareBytes antimalware or Zemana antimalware cannot remove this , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars and adware which cause undesired Technologycraze popups to appear.
- Download AdwCleaner from the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 30, 2018
- Select the folder in which you saved it as Desktop, and then click Save.
- After downloading is finished, run the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” to perform a system scan with this tool for the ad supported software which cause unwanted Technologycraze pop up to appear. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- When it has finished scanning your computer, it’ll display a list of all threats found by this tool. Review the report and then press “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your personal computer, click “OK”.
The steps shown in detail in the following video.
How to block Technologycraze redirect
It is important to use adblocker software like AdGuard to protect your PC system from harmful web-sites. Most security experts says that it is okay to block pop-ups. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to block Technologycraze and other annoying web-pages.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- When downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up, web-sites such Technologycraze, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
How can you prevent the Technologycraze popups
To sum up
Now your machine should be clean of the ad-supported software that made to redirect your browser to various unwanted sites like Technologycraze. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popup and unwanted harmful pages) and Zemana Anti-malware (to periodically scan your machine for new malicious software, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, malware and ad supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Technologycraze pop ups from your web-browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.