Are you seeing Trade ad exchange pop-up ads in the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge every time you use the internet browser to browse the Internet? This means that your PC system is infected with an adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) which looks the entire traffic generated by you and on this basis, it opens tons of annoying pop ups. Currently, this adware are widely spread, due to the fact that most people are trying to find free software, download and install them on the personal computer without proper attention to the fact that the ‘ad supported’ software can penetrate into the machine along with them.
The adware is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It’s designed with the sole purpose to open dozens of popups, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open browser window. So, the Trade ad exchange is just one of the many pages of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the web-browser’s constant stream of ads, or reroute the internet browser to not expected and intrusive advertising web pages. Moreover, the adware can substitute the legitimate advertising links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious web pages. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web-sites, so the creators of adware, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the ad supported software receive income. It is the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
Table of contents
- What is Trade ad exchange
- How to remove Trade ad exchange virus
- Manual Trade ad exchange adware removal
- Uninstall Trade ad exchange related software through the Control Panel of your system
- Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to remove Trade ad exchange redirect
- Remove Trade ad exchange virus from from Google Chrome
- Remove Trade ad exchange from FF
- Delete Trade ad exchange virus from Internet Explorer
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Scan your computer and delete Trade ad exchange with free utilities
- Manual Trade ad exchange adware removal
- How to block Trade ad exchange pop-ups
- Don’t know how your web browser has been hijacked by Trade ad exchange virus?
- Finish words
The ad-supported software usually affects only the Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a harmful extensions. Moreover, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the PC system for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you run the browser, you will see an undesired Trade ad exchange site.
It’s important, don’t use Trade ad exchange web-site and do not click on ads placed on it, as they can lead you to a more malicious or misleading web pages. The best option is to use the few simple steps posted below to clean your machine of adware virus and thereby remove Trade ad exchange virus.
How to remove Trade ad exchange virus
In the guide below we will have a look at the virus and how to delete Trade ad exchange from Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers for MS Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal utilities. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to exit your browser or restart your personal computer.
Manual Trade ad exchange adware removal
The step-by-step instructions will help you get rid of Trade ad exchange adware. These Trade ad exchange removal steps work for the Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of MS Windows operating system.
Uninstall Trade ad exchange related software through the Control Panel of your system
First of all, check the list of installed applications on your system and uninstall all unknown and recently installed applications. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malware and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal utility like Zemana Anti-malware.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all software installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to remove Trade ad exchange redirect
Now you need to clean up the web browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file.
Right click to a desktop shortcut for your internet browser. Choose the “Properties” option. It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The adware virus can modify it. If you are seeing something similar “…exe http://site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the web-browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example like below.
Once is done, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for web-browser shortcuts which redirects to an unwanted web sites. When you have completed, go to next step.
Remove Trade ad exchange virus from Google Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby recover the browser’s settings like start page, newtab page and default search provider that have been replaced by the Trade ad exchange virus which created to reroute your internet browser to various ad web-sites.
- First run the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your internet browser’s home page, newtab and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Trade ad exchange from FF
The FF reset will keep your personal information like bookmarks, passwords, web form auto-fill data, restore preferences and security settings, remove redirects to unwanted Trade ad exchange web-site and ad supported software extensions.
First, run the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete Trade ad exchange virus from Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by an malware.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button like below.
When the procedure is done, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s new tab, startpage and search engine by default to default state.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the undesired Trade ad exchange web-site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by unwanted programs.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This displays a dialog box that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the unwanted programs, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
Scan your computer and delete Trade ad exchange with free utilities
Many antivirus companies have created programs that help detect adware virus and thereby remove Trade ad exchange from the Google Chrome, FF, MS Edge and IE web-browsers. Below is a a few of the free applications you may want to run. Your PC can have a huge count of PUPs, ad-supported software and browser hijackers installed at the same time, so we suggest, if any unwanted or malicious program returns after restarting the machine, then start your machine into Safe Mode and use the antimalware tool once again.
Remove Trade ad exchange with Zemana Anti-malware
We suggest using the Zemana Anti-malware. You can download and install Zemana Anti-malware to detect adware and thereby delete Trade ad exchange virus from the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge web-browsers. When installed and updated, the malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on your machine.
- Download Zemana antimalware (ZAM) from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- Once the download is done, close all programs and windows on your system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan” button to begin scanning your PC system for the Trade ad exchange virus that causes a large number of annoying pop-ups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. During the scan it will detect all threats exist on your computer.
- Once the checking is done, it’ll show a list of all items found by this utility. In order to remove all items, simply click “Next”. Once disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system.
Run Malwarebytes to get rid of Trade ad exchange virus
You can get rid of Trade ad exchange virus automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily remove browser hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software, potentially unwanted software and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download Malwarebytes from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
After downloading is done, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup as on the image below.
When the installation starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Malwarebytes on your computer.
Once installation is finished, you will see window as shown on the image below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your computer for the Trade ad exchange adware that causes internet browsers to open undesired pop up ads. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the utility is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
When it has finished scanning your computer, you will be displayed the list of all detected threats on your computer. Review the report and then click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will start removing Trade ad exchange adware related files, folders, registry keys. Once disinfection is done, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video explains tutorial on how to get rid of virus and other malware with Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
If the problem with Trade ad exchange adware virus is still remained
AdwCleaner is a free portable application that scans your machine for Trade ad exchange virus which cause undesired popup advertisements to appear, PUPs and browser hijacker infections and helps get rid of them easily. Moreover, it’ll also help you delete any harmful internet browser extensions and add-ons.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 4, 2018
- After downloading is done, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is opened, press “Scan” button to begin checking your computer for the Trade ad exchange virus that causes internet browsers to show undesired ads. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When it has finished scanning, you can check all threats detected on your PC. Next, you need to click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to block Trade ad exchange pop-ups
It’s important to use adblocker software like AdGuard to protect your PC from harmful web sites. Most security experts says that it is okay to stop ads. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to stop Trade ad exchange and other annoying web-sites.
Installing the AdGuard ad-blocker program is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
Once the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as on the image below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick instructions which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block advertisements, Trade ad exchange pop-ups, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which may be found on your desktop.
Don’t know how your web browser has been hijacked by Trade ad exchange virus?
Once you have finished the guidance shown above, your computer should be clean from malicious software, hijacker infections and adware. The Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge will no longer display Trade ad exchange annoying pop-ups when you browse the World Wide Web. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new ‘ad supported’ software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When it has finished scanning, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Trade ad exchange adware virus.