If your web browser’s startpage or search engine are being re-directed to the web page named CinematicFanatic, then you most probably have a hijacker installed on your machine. The hijacker will modify your internet browser’s start page, newtab page and default search provider so that they automatically open the CinematicFanatic web-site and use it for searches. If you would like to remove CinematicFanatic and are unable to do so, you can use the guidance below to detect and get rid of this browser hijacker and any other malware for free.
If your computer is infected with CinematicFanatic browser hijacker, every time you launch your browser you will see this page. Of course you may setup your homepage again, but next time you start a internet browser you will see that CinematicFanatic search return. As mentioned above, the browser hijacker can change the default search provider on this annoying web-page too, so all your search queries will be re-directed to CinematicFanatic. Thus the authors of the browser hijacker can gather the search terms of your queries, and reroute you to undesired web-sites.
Table of contents
- What is CinematicFanatic
- CinematicFanatic removal steps
- Remove CinematicFanatic toolbar without any tools
- How to automatically remove CinematicFanatic hijacker
- How to block CinematicFanatic start page
- How did CinematicFanatic browser hijacker infection get on your computer
- To sum up
Often, the computer which has been infected with CinematicFanatic browser hijacker, will be also infected with ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) which shows a ton of various advertisements. It can be pop-ups, text links in the web-pages, banners where they never had. What is more, the ad supported software can replace the legitimate advertisements with malicious ads which will offer to download and install malicious software and unwanted applications or visit the various dangerous and misleading web pages.
Most often, the CinematicFanatic browser hijacker affects most common browsers such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge. But such hijacker infections as well can infect other internet browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of web-browser’s shortcut). So every time you open the internet browser, it’ll display CinematicFanatic web-page. Even if you setup your homepage again, the unwanted CinematicFanatic web site will be the first thing which you see when you open the internet browser.
Therefore it is very important to clean your PC system of browser hijacker as quickly as possible. Follow the guide below to remove CinematicFanatic startpage, as well as other malware and adware, which may be installed onto your computer along with it.
CinematicFanatic removal steps
There are a few solutions that can be used to remove CinematicFanatic. But, not all PUPs such as this hijacker can be completely uninstalled using only manual solutions. In many cases you are not able to delete any hijacker infection using standard Microsoft Windows options. In order to remove CinematicFanatic you need complete a few manual steps and use reliable removal tools. Most IT security researchers states that Zemana Anti-malware, Malwarebytes or AdwCleaner utilities are a right choice. These free programs are able to find and get rid of CinematicFanatic from your PC and restore your web-browser settings to defaults.
Remove CinematicFanatic toolbar without any tools
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually get rid of CinematicFanatic start page from the FF, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge.
Delete all ad-supported software and other potentially unwanted applications through the Windows Control Panel
We suggest that you start the system cleaning process by checking the list of installed applications and remove all unknown or suspicious software. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful programs such as adware and hijacker infections may be bundled with free software. Uninstall the unwanted applications can remove the intrusive ads or web browser redirect.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the figure below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) like below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and get rid of all software that has the name similar to the web page which has been set as your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge newtab page, homepage and search engine by default. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed applications by date. Once you have found anything suspicious that may be the hijacker, adware or PUPs, then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your computer.
Fix infected internet browsers shortcuts
When the browser hijacker is started, it can also alter the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the internet browser, it will open an intrusive web-page.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all web browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge.
Get rid of CinematicFanatic from Chrome
Like other modern web browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the web-browser new tab page, home page and search engine by default that have been replaced by the CinematicFanatic browser hijacker infection.
- First, run the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of CinematicFanatic from FF
If the Firefox settings like newtab, start page and search provider by default have been changed by the hijacker infection, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, start the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete CinematicFanatic from IE
The IE reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you’ve unwanted addons or toolbars on your web-browser, which installed by a malware.
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as on the image below.
Once the task is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s new tab page, homepage and search engine by default to default state.
How to automatically remove CinematicFanatic hijacker
If your personal computer is still infected with the CinematicFanatic hijacker, then the best method of detection and removal is to use an antimalware scan on the computer. Download free malware removal tools below and run a full system scan. It will help you remove all components of the hijacker from hardisk and Windows registry.
Scan and clean your computer of CinematicFanatic with Zemana Anti-malware
You can remove CinematicFanatic redirect automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We recommend this malware removal tool because it can easily remove browser hijacker infections, PUPs, ‘ad supported’ software and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
Download Zemana antimalware by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
Once downloading is done, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana anti-malware will try to update itself and when this procedure is complete, click the “Scan” button for scanning your PC system for the CinematicFanatic browser hijacker and other malware and adware.
This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malicious software. In order to get rid of all items, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana anti malware will start removing all detected folders, files, services and registry entries.
Use Malwarebytes to remove browser hijacker
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free. You may download and install Malwarebytes to scan for and delete CinematicFanatic start page from your PC system. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the PC.
- Download Malwarebytes (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- After the download is complete, close all programs and windows on your PC system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker infection . A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system.
- When it has finished scanning, it’ll open a list of detected threats. Review the report and then click “Quarantine Selected”. Once disinfection is done, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer.
The following video offers a step by step guide on how to remove browser hijacker with Malwarebytes.
Remove CinematicFanatic browser hijacker infection and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner utility is free and easy to use. It can scan and delete browser hijacker infection such as CinematicFanatic, malware, PUPs and adware in Chrome, IE, Firefox and MS Edge web browsers and thereby restore their default settings (homepage, newtab page and search provider by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2018
- Once downloading is finished, double press the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is launched, press “Scan” button to start scanning your computer for the CinematicFanatic browser hijacker and browser’s malicious addons. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When it completes the scan, it will show a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. In order to remove all items, simply press “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to block CinematicFanatic startpage
It’s also critical to protect your internet browsers from harmful web sites and ads by using an ad-blocker program such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard may also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- Once the downloading process is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is done, click “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block advertisements, web sites such CinematicFanatic, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How did CinematicFanatic browser hijacker infection get on your computer
To sum up
Now your PC should be free of the CinematicFanatic search. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up ads and unwanted harmful sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your PC for new malware, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijacker, harmful programs and ad supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove CinematicFanatic search from your browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.