The C.user-clicks.com is an one of the many advertising web-sites, which can be opened automatically each time you run the internet browser. The reason of automatic opening of this site is an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware), which was set on your PC system without your consent. Because, the adware is often used to show a lot of annoying ads within the Chrome, IE, Firefox and MS Edge’s screen. As, the advertisers do not disdain to use any methods to promote their web sites and attract new users. Below we explain how to remove adware and thereby remove C.user-clicks.com intrusive ads from your internet browser.
The ‘ad supported’ software is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, alters web browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ad-supported software can install additional browser extensions and modules that will inject advertising links within the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge’s screen. Moreover, the ‘ad supported’ software may install web-browser hijacker that once started, will modify the browser’s startpage and search engine. And finally, the ‘ad supported’ software can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web-pages you are opening, what you are looking for the Net and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, certain ‘ad supported’ software to also alter all browsers shortcuts which located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut will try to redirect your web-browser to annoying ad pages like C.user-clicks.com, some of which might be harmful. It can make the whole personal computer more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
We suggest you to delete ad-supported software and clean your computer from C.user-clicks.com ads ASAP, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the step-by-step instructions below that will allow you to completely remove the redirect to C.user-clicks.com intrusive web site, using only the built-in Microsoft Windows features and a few of specialized free malicious software removal tools.
Table of contents
- What is C.user-clicks.com
- Remove C.user-clicks.com popups
- Remove C.user-clicks.com ads without any utilities
- Delete all ad supported software and other potentially unwanted programs through the Windows Control Panel
- Fix infected web-browsers shortcuts to remove C.user-clicks.com redirect
- Remove C.user-clicks.com pop ups from Chrome
- Delete C.user-clicks.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
- Remove C.user-clicks.com popups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- C.user-clicks.com pop-up ads automatic removal
- Remove C.user-clicks.com ads without any utilities
- Stop C.user-clicks.com redirect and other undesired sites
- How did C.user-clicks.com pop ups get on your machine
- Finish words
Remove C.user-clicks.com pop-ups
There are a simple manual tutorial below which will help you to delete C.user-clicks.com redirect from your Microsoft Windows system. The most effective way to get rid of this adware is to perform the manual removal guide and then run Zemana Anti-malware, Malwarebytes or AdwCleaner automatic tools (all are free). The manual way will assist to weaken this ad-supported software and these malware removal utilities will completely delete C.user-clicks.com redirect and restore the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer settings to default.
Remove C.user-clicks.com ads without any utilities
Most common adware may be deleted without any antivirus applications. The manual adware removal is post step by step guidance that will teach you how to get rid of the C.user-clicks.com popup advertisements.
Delete all ad supported software and other potentially unwanted applications through the Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the computer cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious software. Using the Microsoft Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up the Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and Edge from pop up advertisements hijackers and so on.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all programs installed on your personal computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date in the Control panel.
Fix infected web-browsers shortcuts to remove C.user-clicks.com redirect
When the adware is started, it can also change the internet browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the web browser, it will show an annoying web-page.
Right click on the web browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all web-browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge.
Remove C.user-clicks.com pop-ups from Chrome
Like other modern internet browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the browser’s settings such as start page, new tab page and search engine by default that have been replaced by the adware that causes a ton of intrusive C.user-clicks.com pop ups.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown on the screen below and click the “Reset settings” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Delete C.user-clicks.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If the Firefox settings such as new tab, home page and search provider by default have been modified by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, open the FF and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () like below
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the adware that causes a huge number of intrusive C.user-clicks.com pop-ups. When, it’s done, press the “Finish” button.
Remove C.user-clicks.com popups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting IE internet browser you return your web browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware that cause annoying C.user-clicks.com popup ads to appear.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the undesired C.user-clicks.com web site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by malicious software.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This shows a dialog box that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, like below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please choose the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this malicious task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the malicious software, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to delete, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks which have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
C.user-clicks.com popup advertisements automatic removal
Many antivirus companies have made programs that help detect adware and thereby delete C.user-clicks.com from the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge web-browsers. Below is a a few of the free programs you may want to use. Your personal computer may have a lot of potentially unwanted programs, ad supported software and browser hijackers installed at the same time, so we recommend, if any unwanted or harmful program returns after restarting the machine, then start your personal computer into Safe Mode and use the antimalware tool once again.
How to remove C.user-clicks.com pop-up advertisements with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware is a tool which can remove ad supported software, potentially unwanted applications, hijackers and other malicious software from your computer easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of machine resources.
- Please download Zemana anti malware to your desktop from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana antimalware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the antimalware will launch and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the ad supported software which cause unwanted C.user-clicks.com popup advertisements to appear. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When it has finished scanning your computer, you’ll be displayed the list of all found threats on your computer.
- When you’re ready, press the “Next” button to begin cleaning your machine. Once the procedure is complete, you may be prompted to restart the system.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Automatically get rid of C.user-clicks.com ads with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to scan for adware and thereby delete C.user-clicks.com popups from your web-browsers. When installed and updated, the free malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on the computer.
Download Malwarebytes Free by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
After the download is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Malwarebytes will try to update itself and when this process is done, click the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your PC system for the adware that causes a ton of undesired C.user-clicks.com pop-ups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. During the scan it will detect all threats exist on your computer. Next, you need to click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes is a free application that you can use to delete all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the step-by-step guidance or the video guide below.
Run AdwCleaner to delete C.user-clicks.com ads
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility that can be downloaded and run to delete ad-supported software that cause annoying C.user-clicks.com popups to appear, browser hijacker infections, malicious software, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and other threats from your computer. You may use this utility to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 20, 2017
- Select the directory in which you saved it as Desktop, and then press Save.
- After the download is done, start the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” . This will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out adware that cause unwanted C.user-clicks.com popup advertisements to appear. While the tool is scanning, you can see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- As the scanning ends, it will open a list of found items. Next, you need to press “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to reboot your personal computer, click “OK”.
The few simple steps shown in detail in the following video.
Stop C.user-clicks.com redirect and other undesired sites
Running an ad blocking program like AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad-blocking programs will also protect you from malicious ads and web-pages, and, of course, block redirection chain to C.user-clicks.com and similar web sites.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- When the download is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popup ads, web-sites such C.user-clicks.com, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
How did C.user-clicks.com pop ups get on your machine
Now your personal computer should be clean of the ad supported software that cause intrusive C.user-clicks.com pop up ads to appear. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop up advertisements and unwanted malicious web sites) and Zemana Anti-malware (to periodically scan your machine for new hijackers, malware and ad supported software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove C.user-clicks.com redirect from the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.