The Topnews17.net is an ‘ad’ web-site. If this web site popping up in your web-browser then most probably that your PC system is infected with adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software). It is a type of malicious software that designed to show lots of intrusive pop-up ads. Unlike viruses, the ‘ad supported’ software will not delete or infect your files, but its actions will cause some problems with your internet browser. This is because, it’ll infect your personal computer, get full access to your browsers such as Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and MS Edge and be able to change their settings. Of course, it did not ask you for permission and do it secretly as possible. Once your web-browser settings will be replaced, you will be rerouted to unwanted advertisements, some of which can lead to harmful or misleading web-sites. For this reason, we suggest that you begin the clean up of your system as soon as possible and thereby delete Topnews17.net pop up ads from your internet browser.
While your system is infected with the adware, the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge may be redirected to Topnews17.net intrusive web page. Of course, the adware may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may open a huge number of annoying ads. These ads will be injected within the content of pages that are you opening in your web browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The ads will appear on all web-sites, including web-sites where previously you have never seen any advertising banners.
Table of contents
- What is Topnews17.net
- Remove Topnews17.net pop-ups
- Manual Topnews17.net redirect removal
- Delete Topnews17.net associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the internet browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Topnews17.net redirect
- Remove Topnews17.net ads from Google Chrome
- Get rid of Topnews17.net popup advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Topnews17.net redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- How to remove Topnews17.net pop ups with free programs
- Manual Topnews17.net redirect removal
- How to block Topnews17.net redirect
- How to Topnews17.net redirect get installed onto computer
- To sum up
The adware usually affects only the Chrome, FF, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a malicious plugins. Moreover, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The ‘ad supported’ software will perform a scan of the PC system for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you start the web browser, you will see an annoying Topnews17.net site.
We suggest to delete the adware which redirects your browser on the Topnews17.net undesired web-site, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other harmful software on your computer.
Remove Topnews17.net pop-ups
There are a few methods that can be used to get rid of Topnews17.net popup advertisements. But, not all potentially unwanted programs like this adware can be completely uninstalled using only manual ways. In many cases you’re not able to uninstall any ‘ad supported’ software using standard Microsoft Windows options. In order to remove Topnews17.net redirect you need complete a few manual steps and use reliable removal tools. Most IT security professionals states that Zemana Anti-malware, Malwarebytes or AdwCleaner tools are a right choice. These free programs are able to detect and get rid of Topnews17.net pop up ads from your PC and return your web-browser settings to defaults.
Manual Topnews17.net redirect removal
If you perform exactly the step-by-step instructions below you should be able to delete the Topnews17.net pop ups from the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge internet browsers.
Delete Topnews17.net associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
First of all, check the list of installed programs on your PC system and delete all unknown and recently installed programs. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malicious software and you should clean it off first with malware removal utility like Zemana Anti-malware.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as shown on the image below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all software installed on your personal computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown software.
Disinfect the internet browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Topnews17.net redirect
When installed, this ‘ad supported’ software may add an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, FF and Edge. Due to this, every time you open the web browser, it will open an intrusive ad web site.
Right click to a desktop shortcut for your web-browser. Choose the “Properties” option. It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The adware can modify it. If you are seeing something such as “…exe http://site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the web browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example as shown on the image below.
Once is done, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for web browser shortcuts which redirects to an annoying sites. When you have completed, go to next step.
Remove Topnews17.net ads from Google Chrome
If your Google Chrome web-browser is rerouted to unwanted Topnews17.net web-page, it may be necessary to completely reset your web browser program to its default settings.
- First start the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is complete, your web browser’s start page, new tab page and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Topnews17.net pop-up advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
If your Mozilla Firefox web-browser is redirected to Topnews17.net without your permission or a an unknown search engine opens results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the image below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox web browser settings to its original state.
Remove Topnews17.net redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, that installed by an malware.
First, run the Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
How to remove Topnews17.net popups with free programs
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely delete adware which causes annoying Topnews17.net pop up advertisements. So, we recommend to scan your PC system for any remaining malicious components with free ‘ad supported’ software removal programs below.
How to remove Topnews17.net pop-up advertisements with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware is a tool that can remove ‘ad supported’ software, PUPs, hijackers and other malicious software from your computer easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of personal computer resources.
Download Zemana anti-malware on your system by clicking on the link below. Save it on your desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
When downloading is finished, close all windows on your computer. Further, start the file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown in the figure below, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” which will allow you install Zemana anti malware on the system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is complete successfully, Zemana anti-malware will automatically start and you can see its main window like below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that cause undesired Topnews17.net pop-up advertisements to appear. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
As the scanning ends, you will be shown the list of all found threats on your PC system. Make sure all entries have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button.
The Zemana anti-malware will start removing ad-supported software and other security threats. Once disinfection is done, you can be prompted to reboot your machine.
Use Malwarebytes to remove Topnews17.net redirect
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system of the ‘ad supported’ software. The free tool is an advanced malware removal application developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It’s able to help you remove annoying Topnews17.net redirect from your web browsers, potentially unwanted programs, malware, hijacker infections, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC for free.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will start and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware that causes lots of intrusive Topnews17.net ads. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malware, ‘ad supported’ software or potentially unwanted applications are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
- Once the scanning is finished, it’ll show a list of all items found by this tool.
- Make sure all entries have ‘checkmark’ and press the “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your computer. Once the task is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Run AdwCleaner to remove Topnews17.net ads from browser
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility that may be downloaded and use to get rid of adware that reroutes your browser to annoying Topnews17.net web-site, hijackers, malware, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and other threats from your machine. You can use this tool to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: September 24, 2018
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then click Save.
- Once the download is done, start the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” to perform a system scan for the adware that made to redirect your web-browser to various ad web pages such as Topnews17.net. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
- Once the checking is finished, you can check all items detected on your machine. In order to remove all items, simply click “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your computer, click “OK”.
The guide shown in detail in the following video.
How to block Topnews17.net redirect
Use an ad-blocker utility such as AdGuard will protect you from harmful ads and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and block phishing and spam sites. Additionally, ad blocking programs will allow you to avoid annoying pop-up ads and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- After downloading is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popups, web pages such Topnews17.net, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How to Topnews17.net redirect get installed onto computer
Most of undesired pop-up ads such as Topnews17.net ads come from browser toolbars, web-browser extensions, BHOs (browser helper objects) and additional applications. Most commonly, these items claim itself as programs that improve your experience on the Internet by providing a fast and interactive start page or a search engine that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted software. Be cautious, launch only reputable programs which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and suspicious software.
To sum up
Now your system should be clean of the adware that causes internet browsers to display intrusive Topnews17.net pop up advertisements. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop up ads and undesired harmful pages) and Zemana Anti-malware (to periodically scan your machine for new browser hijackers, malware and ad supported software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Topnews17.net advertisements from the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.