If your web browser are being re-directed to the web-page named 9ss2.5265535.com, then you most likely have an ad supported software installed on your PC. The ad supported software will modify your web browser’s startpage, new tab page and default search engine or install unwanted browser plugin so that it will automatically open a lot of undesired 9ss2.5265535.com pop up ads. If you would like to free your system of adware and thereby get rid of 9ss2.5265535.com pop up ads and are unable to do so, you can follow the tutorial below to scan for and get rid of this adware and any other malware for free.
The adware is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, alters internet browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ad-supported software can install additional web-browser plugins and modules that will inject advertising links within the Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Edge’s screen. Moreover, the adware may install web-browser hijacker that once started, will alter the browser’s startpage and search engine. And finally, the adware can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web pages you are opening, what you are looking for the Internet and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
Table of contents
- What is 9ss2.5265535.com
- How to remove 9ss2.5265535.com redirect
- Get rid of 9ss2.5265535.com redirect without any tools
- Remove suspicious and potentially unwanted software using MS Windows Control Panel
- Fix web browser shortcuts, modified by ad supported software
- Remove 9ss2.5265535.com popup advertisements from Chrome
- Delete 9ss2.5265535.com from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
- Remove 9ss2.5265535.com redirect from Internet Explorer
- How to automatically remove 9ss2.5265535.com pop ups
- Get rid of 9ss2.5265535.com redirect without any tools
- How to block 9ss2.5265535.com redirect
- How did you get infected with 9ss2.5265535.com redirect
- Final words
The ad supported software can change the settings of the Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge, but often that a harmful software such as this can also infect all types of internet browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time start the web-browser to see 9ss2.5265535.com unwanted advertisements.
The guide below explaining steps to remove 9ss2.5265535.com pop ups problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the ‘ad supported’ software that may attack Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge and other popular browsers. The few simple steps will allow you delete ‘ad supported’ software and thereby clean your internet browser from all unwanted advertisements.
How to remove 9ss2.5265535.com advertisements
The following guidance will help you to remove 9ss2.5265535.com redirect from the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Edge. Moreover, the step by step guidance below will allow you to remove malicious software, hijackers, PUPs and toolbars that your system may be infected. Please do the instructions step by step. If you need help or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Certain of the steps will require you to reboot your PC or exit the page. So, read this tutorial carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
Get rid of 9ss2.5265535.com redirect without any tools
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to delete the 9ss2.5265535.com popup advertisements from the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge internet browsers.
Remove suspicious and potentially unwanted software using MS Windows Control Panel
First of all, check the list of installed applications on your system and remove all unknown and recently installed programs. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malicious software and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal utility like Zemana Anti-malware.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as on the image below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown in the figure below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and remove all applications which has the name similar to the 9ss2.5265535.com site. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed applications by date. When you have found anything suspicious that may be the browser hijacker infection, adware or PUPs, then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious application blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully get rid of it from your personal computer.
Fix web browser shortcuts, modified by ad supported software
Once installed, this ad supported software may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE and MS Edge. Due to this, every time you start the web browser, it will display an undesired ad web-site.
Right click to a desktop shortcut for your web browser. Choose the “Properties” option. It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The ad-supported software can modify it. If you are seeing something such as “…exe http://site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example as shown on the image below.
Once is finished, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for internet browser shortcuts which redirects to an intrusive web-sites. When you have completed, go to next step.
Remove 9ss2.5265535.com pop up advertisements from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the hijackers, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the browser’s start page, newtab page and default search provider that have been replaced by ad supported software which cause intrusive 9ss2.5265535.com ads to appear.
- First, launch the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete 9ss2.5265535.com from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser program, including the redirect to 9ss2.5265535.com site.
First, open the Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, press the Help button () as shown in the figure below
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation dialog box. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the adware that developed to redirect your web browser to various ad web-pages like 9ss2.5265535.com. Once, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove 9ss2.5265535.com redirect from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, that installed by an malware.
First, run the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
How to automatically remove 9ss2.5265535.com pop-ups
Manual removal steps does not always allow to completely get rid of the adware, as it’s not easy to identify and delete components of adware and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you run malicious software removal tool to completely get rid of 9ss2.5265535.com off your internet browser. Several free malware removal utilities are currently available that can be used against the adware. The optimum method would be to use Zemana Anti-malware, Malwarebytes Free and AdwCleaner.
Automatically delete 9ss2.5265535.com redirect with Zemana Anti-malware
We suggest using the Zemana Anti-malware. You can download and install Zemana Anti-malware to scan for adware and thereby delete 9ss2.5265535.com popups from the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browsers. When installed and updated, the malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on your PC system.
- Download Zemana anti-malware (ZAM) by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
- After the download is finished, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, click the “Scan” button for checking your personal computer for the ad-supported software that causes intrusive 9ss2.5265535.com ads. Depending on your system, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When it has finished scanning your personal computer, a list of all threats found is produced. Make sure all entries have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next”. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart your personal computer.
Automatically delete 9ss2.5265535.com pop up advertisements with Malwarebytes
Delete 9ss2.5265535.com popup ads manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, PUPs, toolbars and browser hijackers that your personal computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is complete, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the ad-supported software which created to redirect your browser to various ad pages like 9ss2.5265535.com. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- When it has finished scanning, it will display a list of found threats.
- Review the report and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your PC system. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdwCleaner to delete 9ss2.5265535.com redirect from browser
If MalwareBytes antimalware or Zemana anti malware cannot delete this adware, then we recommends to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal utility for browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software, toolbars and ad-supported software that causes a lot of undesired 9ss2.5265535.com advertisements.
Download AdwCleaner utility from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: February 8, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will run the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen as on the image below. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to display the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Scan” to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware that cause undesired 9ss2.5265535.com pop up ads to appear. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
Once the scan is done is done, you’ll be displayed the list of all found items on your computer as shown on the image below.
When you’re ready, click “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box. Click “OK” to start the cleaning procedure. When the clean up is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC system. After restart, the AdwCleaner will show the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video instructions.
How to block 9ss2.5265535.com redirect
We recommend to install an adblocker program which may stop 9ss2.5265535.com and other annoying web-sites. The ad blocking utility such as AdGuard is a application which basically removes advertising from the Internet and stops access to malicious pages. Moreover, security experts says that using ad-blocking software is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Net.
Installing the AdGuard ad blocking program is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
After the download is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as shown below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guide that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop popup ads, pages such 9ss2.5265535.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
How did you get infected with 9ss2.5265535.com redirect
The ad supported software is usually spreads as a part of freeware and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your PC. This happens especially when you are installing a free software. The program installer tricks you into accepting the installation of optional software, which you don’t really want. Moreover, certain paid programs can also install optional programs that you do not want! Therefore, always download free applications and paid software from reputable download web sites. Use ONLY custom or manual install mode and never blindly click Next button.
After completing the tutorial above, your computer should be free from malicious software and adware that cause unwanted 9ss2.5265535.com pop-up ads to appear. The Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer will no longer redirect you to various undesired sites. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.