The Playcapt.com is a web site that can be loaded into your browser with the help of adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software). The adware may change the settings of web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer or install a harmful browser extension, which created to generate a lot of undesired pop ups. It will lead to the fact that when you start the web browser or surfing the Internet, it will always be forced to display Playcapt.com popup ads, even when your web browser is configured to stop pop up advertisements or your personal computer has a program that blocks pop ups. On current date, the ad-supported software continues to increase the number of personal computers that have been infected.
While your computer is infected with the adware, the FF, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge may be rerouted to Playcapt.com intrusive web site. Of course, the adware may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may open tons of annoying advertisements. These advertisements will be injected within the content of pages that are you opening in your browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The advertisements will appear on all web-pages, including web-sites where previously you have never seen any advertising links.
Table of contents
- What is Playcapt.com
- How to remove Playcapt.com ads
- Manual Playcapt.com ads removal
- Delete suspicious and potentially unwanted applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Clean up the internet browsers shortcuts that have been hijacked by ad supported software
- Remove Playcapt.com pop-ups from Chrome
- Remove Playcapt.com popup advertisements from FF
- Get rid of Playcapt.com advertisements from IE
- How to automatically remove Playcapt.com pop up advertisements
- Manual Playcapt.com ads removal
- Stop Playcapt.com popup advertisements and other undesired pages
- Method of Playcapt.com advertisements intrusion into your system
- Finish words
Most often, the adware affects the most common web-browsers like the Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer. But such the harmful software as well may infect another web browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a internet browser’s shortcut). So every time you run the internet browser, it will redirect to the unwanted Playcapt.com web site. Even if you setup a new startpage, an annoying web site will be the first thing you see when you open the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
We recommend you to remove adware and clean your PC system from Playcapt.com pop-ups as quickly as possible, until the presence of the ad supported software has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the step-by-step guidance below that will allow you to completely remove the reroute to Playcapt.com annoying web-page, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free malware removal utilities.
How to remove Playcapt.com advertisements
Fortunately, we have an effective method that will help you manually or/and automatically remove Playcapt.com from your web browser and bring your web browser settings, including home page, new tab page and search provider by default, back to normal. Below you’ll find a removal guide with all the steps you may need to successfully remove adware and its components. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your browser or reboot your computer.
Manual Playcapt.com ads removal
If you perform exactly the step by step guide below you should be able to remove the Playcapt.com popup advertisements from the Chrome, FF, Edge and Internet Explorer web browsers.
Delete suspicious and potentially unwanted applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the computer cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious applications. Using the Microsoft Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge from pop-up advertisements hijackers and so on.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all programs installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date in the Control panel.
Clean up the internet browsers shortcuts that have been hijacked by ad supported software
Now you need to clean up the browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the internet browser, and not on any unknown file.
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to open your web-browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the internet browser which is redirected to Playcapt.com or other annoying page.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The ad supported software can change the contents of this field, which describes the file to be start when you start your web browser. Depending on the browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://site.addres” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the screen below.
Next, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you launch the browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the Playcapt.com web site or any other undesired web-sites. Once the step is complete, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove Playcapt.com pop ups from Chrome
If your Google Chrome web-browser is redirected to intrusive Playcapt.com web page, it may be necessary to completely reset your web browser program to its default settings.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Playcapt.com pop up advertisements from FF
If the Firefox settings like new tab page, homepage and search engine by default have been modified by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Run the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web-browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. When, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Playcapt.com advertisements from IE
By resetting Internet Explorer internet browser you restore your web-browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware that cause intrusive Playcapt.com ads to appear.
First, run the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will delete Playcapt.com popup ads, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like homepage, new tab and default search provider to default state.
How to automatically remove Playcapt.com pop up advertisements
Many antivirus companies have made software that help detect adware and thereby remove Playcapt.com from the Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, FF and MS Edge web-browsers. Below is a a few of the free applications you may want to run. Your PC can have tons of PUPs, ad-supported software and hijackers installed at the same time, so we recommend, if any unwanted or harmful program returns after rebooting the system, then start your personal computer into Safe Mode and use the anti-malware utility once again.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to delete Playcapt.com
Zemana Anti-malware is a utility that can remove adware, PUPs, hijackers and other malicious software from your computer easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of machine resources.
- Download Zemana antimalware (ZAM) from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
- After downloading is finished, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware that causes undesired Playcapt.com popup advertisements. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. While the program is checking, you may see count of objects it has identified as threat.
- When the system scan is finished, it will display a list of all threats detected by this utility. Review the scan results and then click “Next”. Once disinfection is done, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system.
Remove Playcapt.com redirect with Malwarebytes
You can delete Playcapt.com pop-ups automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malicious software removal tool because it may easily remove browser hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted applications and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download Malwarebytes on your computer by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
When downloading is done, close all applications and windows on your PC system. Double-click the set up file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Malwarebytes on your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once install is finished successfully, press Finish button. Malwarebytes will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown on the image below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your PC system for the ad-supported software that developed to reroute your internet browser to various ad pages like Playcapt.com. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
Once the scan is finished, it will display a list of all threats found by this tool. When you’re ready, press “Quarantine Selected” button. The Malwarebytes will begin removing adware and other security threats. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the Malwarebytes to get rid of adware and other malware.
Get rid of Playcapt.com ads and harmful extensions with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner utility is free and easy to use. It may scan and remove malware, PUPs and ad supported software in Google Chrome, FF, IE and MS Edge web-browsers and thereby get rid of all intrusive Playcapt.com pop-up advertisements. AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and delete malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the system.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 19, 2017
- When the download is complete, double press the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is launched, click “Scan” button for scanning your personal computer for the ‘ad supported’ software which cause intrusive Playcapt.com pop up advertisements to appear. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- When it completes the scan, it will display a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. Review the scan results and then click “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Stop Playcapt.com pop-up advertisements and other undesired pages
In order to increase your security and protect your computer against new intrusive ads and malicious web sites, you need to run ad blocker program that stops an access to malicious advertisements and web-pages. Moreover, the program can stop the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
After the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is finished, you will see a window as on the image below.
You can press “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block advertisements, web pages such Playcapt.com, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Method of Playcapt.com ads intrusion into your system
Most of annoying advertisements like Playcapt.com ads come from internet browser toolbars, internet browser extensions, BHOs (browser helper objects) and third-party software. Most commonly, these items claim itself as applications that improve your experience on the Web by providing a fast and interactive startpage or a search engine that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted programs. Be cautious, start only reputable software which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and suspicious applications.
After completing the tutorial outlined above, your computer should be clean from malicious software, hijacker infections and ‘ad supported’ software. The Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge will no longer show Playcapt.com unwanted web site when you surf the Internet. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When the system scan is done, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the undesired Playcapt.com popups.