If you have ever found your web-browser start page inexplicably changing to Eanswers.com web page, or notice that the default search provider in your web-browser has changed, then you could say that your PC has been a victim of the browser hijacker. The creators of hijacker do so in order to make money via Google, Yahoo or Bing search engine. Thus, in order to force you to use Eanswers.com search services as often as possible the browser hijacker may alter your browsers settings such as homepage, new tab and default search engine.
The Eanswers.com browser hijacker infection usually affects only the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The browser hijacker will perform a scan of the computer for web browser shortcuts and alter them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you run the web browser, you will see the Eanswers.com annoying site.
Table of contents
- What is Eanswers.com
- How to remove Eanswers.com startpage
- Delete Eanswers.com without any tools
- Eanswers.com redirect automatic removal
- Run AdBlocker to block Eanswers.com and stay safe online
- How can you prevent the Eanswers.com hijacker infection
- Finish words
The hijacker infection can also set up the Eanswers.com site as the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge default search engine that cause search redirects via the web page. In this way, developers of the browser hijacker infection have an opportunity to show various advertisements together with the search results for your query. These annoying ads will be combined in the redirected web page. This can bring tons of money for makers of the browser hijacker infection.
Also, adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) can be installed on the system together with Eanswers.com hijacker. It will insert a ton of advertisements directly to the web-pages which you view, creating a sense that ads has been added by the creators of the web page. Moreover, legal advertisements can be replaced on fake ads that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful software. Moreover, the Eanswers.com hijacker has the ability to gather personal information, which may be later sold to third parties.
The tutorial below explaining steps to remove Eanswers.com problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the browser hijacker that may attack Google Chrome, FF, IE and MS Edge and other popular internet browsers. The step by step guidance will help you return your certain settings of browsers that previously modified by browser hijacker.
How to remove Eanswers.com start page
There present several free browser hijacker removal utilities. Also it is possible to remove Eanswers.com manually. But we recommend to combine all these solutions below into the one removal algorithm. Follow the steps of the guide. Certain of the steps below will require you to close the site. So, please read the guidance carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
Delete Eanswers.com without any tools
If you perform exactly the step-by-step guidance below you should be able to get rid of the Eanswers.com homepage from the Chrome, FF, IE and Microsoft Edge web browsers.
Delete suspicious and potentially unwanted programs using MS Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the computer cleanup is to delete unknown and suspicious software. Using the MS Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge from ads hijackers and so on.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all software installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort programs by date in the Control panel.
Fix infected web browsers shortcuts
A browser hijacker infection may hijack various Windows shortcuts on your desktop (most often, all web-browsers shortcuts), so in this step you need to check and clean them by removing the argument such as http://site.address/.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text like “http://site.address” that has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of Eanswers.com search from Google Chrome
Run the Reset browser tool of the Chrome to reset all its settings such as new tab, start page and search engine by default to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of web-browser hijacks like Eanswers.com.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Eanswers.com from Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your internet browser program, including the redirect to Eanswers.com web page.
First, run the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Eanswers.com from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by an malware.
First, open the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will delete Eanswers.com browser hijacker infection, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as start page, newtab page and default search engine to default state.
Eanswers.com redirect automatic removal
In order to completely get rid of Eanswers.com, you not only need to delete it from the internet browsers, but also remove all its components in your computer including Windows registry entries. We suggest to download and use free removal utilities to automatically clean your system of Eanswers.com browser hijacker infection.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to delete Eanswers.com homepage
We recommend you to use the Zemana Anti-malware which are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the utility will help you to remove potentially unwanted applications, malware, toolbars and adware that your system may be infected too.
Download Zemana anti-malware on your computer by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
Once the download is finished, close all applications and windows on your PC system. Double-click the set up file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana antimalware on your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, Zemana anti-malware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown on the image below.
Now press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the browser hijacker that redirects your web browser to the Eanswers.com annoying web page. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted programs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
When it completes the scan, you may check all threats detected on your machine. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button. The Zemana anti malware will start removing Eanswers.com hijacker infection and other security threats. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
Remove Eanswers.com with Malwarebytes
Manual Eanswers.com homepage removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the browser hijacker infection can be not completely removed. We recommend that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC of browser hijacker infection. Moreover, the free application will allow you to get rid of malware, potentially unwanted programs, ‘ad supported’ software and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- After the download is done, close all programs and windows on your machine. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan Now” button . This will begin scanning the whole system to find out browser hijacker . A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the tool is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- When it has finished scanning your PC, a list of all items detected is produced. Make sure all entries have ‘checkmark’ and click “Quarantine Selected”. Once disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to delete browser hijacker with Malwarebytes.
Scan your machine and remove Eanswers.com with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility that can be downloaded and run to remove browser hijacker infections, adware, malware, potentially unwanted software, toolbars and other threats from your system. You may run this tool to find threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
Download AdwCleaner tool by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 19, 2017
Once the downloading process is done, open the folder in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen like below. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to display the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Scan” . This will start scanning the whole computer to find out Eanswers.com hijacker that reroutes your internet browser to the Eanswers.com unwanted site. Depending on your personal computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
Once the system scan is finished is complete, it will show you the results as shown in the figure below.
In order to get rid of all threats, simply press “Clean” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK” to start the cleaning procedure. Once the cleaning procedure is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC. After restart, the AdwCleaner will show the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video instructions.
Run AdBlocker to block Eanswers.com and stay safe online
If you surf the Internet, you cannot avoid malicious advertising. But you can protect your browser against it. Download and use an ad-blocker program. AdGuard is an adblocker which can filter out a lot of of the malicious advertising, stoping dynamic scripts from loading harmful content.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- When downloading is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is done, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop advertisements, sites such Eanswers.com, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How can you prevent the Eanswers.com hijacker infection
Once you have done the step by step tutorial above, your machine should be clean from malware and browser hijackers. The Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge will no longer show Eanswers.com annoying startpage on startup. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When it completes the scan, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Eanswers.com redirect.