The appearance of annoying my.coolestmobi.com pop-up ads in your browser means that your machine is infected with an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). It makes changes to the machine settings and configures itself so as to start automatically each time the computer is turned on. Immediately after startup, the ad supported software begins to monitor the user’s actions and insert ads directly into the open windows of the Google Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. So, if you notice that your web-browser has become show this web page, then you do not need to wait , you need to follow the guide below and remove my.coolestmobi.com ads as quickly as possible.
The malicious programs from the ad supported software family that modifies the settings of web browsers usually affects only the Chrome, IE, Firefox and MS Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software may change the Target property of a browser’s shortcut, so every time you run the web-browser, instead of your startpage, you will see the unwanted my.coolestmobi.com ads.
The adware is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to display dozens of pop-up ads, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open browser window. So, the my.coolestmobi.com is just one of the many web-sites of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the web-browser’s constant stream of ads, or redirect the internet browser to not expected and intrusive advertising web sites. Moreover, the ad-supported software can substitute the legitimate advertisements on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit harmful sites. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web-sites, so the creators of ‘ad supported’ software, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the adware receive income. It is the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
We recommend to remove the adware, which redirects your internet browser on the my.coolestmobi.com unwanted web-site, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other dangerous software on your computer.
How can you prevent your PC system from the attack of my.coolestmobi.com pop-up ads
How to manually remove my.coolestmobi.com pop-up ads
This guide will allow you remove my.coolestmobi.com advertisements. These my.coolestmobi.com removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the web browser or restart your system. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove my.coolestmobi.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Get rid of my.coolestmobi.com from Firefox
- Delete my.coolestmobi.com pop-ups from IE
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove my.coolestmobi.com redirect
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the computer cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up your browser from pop-up ads, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It’ll show the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed software.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove my.coolestmobi.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and ‘ad supported’ software, as well as to restore the web browser’s settings that have been modified by adware.
- Now start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next, press the “Reset” button.
- When this process is done, your web-browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your home page, newtab page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of my.coolestmobi.com from Firefox
First, start the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, press the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete my.coolestmobi.com pop-ups from IE
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu as shown on the image below. Next, press the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove my.coolestmobi.com redirect
When the adware is started, it can also modify the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the web-browser, it will be redirected to an unwanted advertisements.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that starts with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying my.coolestmobi.com web-site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all the tasks that have been created by malicious program.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This displays a dialog box that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ programs, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove my.coolestmobi.com with free malware removal application
Manual removal my.coolestmobi.com pop-ups requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad-supported software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free applications will help you to remove malware, web-browser hijackers and toolbars that your machine may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has done installing, the malware remover will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware which redirects your browser to the my.coolestmobi.com annoying web-site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the scanning is done, it will show a screen that contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your PC system. Once the procedure is done, you may be prompted to reboot your PC.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop my.coolestmobi.com pop-ups and other unwanted web-sites
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying advertisements and malicious web pages, you need to use program that stops access to harmful advertisements and web-sites. Moreover, the program can stop the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
Once the downloading process is finished, start the file named adguardInstaller. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. When the install is done, you will see a window as shown below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block popup ads, web pages such as my.coolestmobi.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove my.coolestmobi.com advertisements and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes cannot remove the annoying my.coolestmobi.com pop-up ads from the Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and MS Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 20, 2017
After downloading is finished, open the directory in which you saved it. Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is opened, you will see a screen like below.
Now, press the “Scan” button to begin scanning your personal computer for the malicious extensions and adware that opens advertisements from my.coolestmobi.com site. Once the scan is complete, it will show a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will show a prompt. Click “OK”. When the clean up is complete, AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your PC.
Look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the AdwCleaner to delete ad supported software, browser hijackers and other malicious software.
After completing the step-by-step instructions shown above, your computer should be free from malware and ad-supported software. The Chrome, FF, MS Edge and Internet Explorer will no longer open my.coolestmobi.com unwanted advertisements or redirect you to unwanted sites. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.