The Securefindersearch.com is a dangerous hijacker which could bring certain problems to your system. Once installed, it imposes changes to your internet browser’s settings, making your homepage, new tab and default search provider to become its own web-site. You may have certain problems such as being re-directed to unwanted web sites, receiving a large amount of intrusive popup advertisements, and personal information being gathered without any knowledge, while this hijacker infection is installed on your computer.
Most often, the Securefindersearch.com hijacker affects most common web browsers like Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge. But such hijackers as well can infect other internet browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of internet browser’s shortcut). So every time you run the web browser, it will open Securefindersearch.com page. Even if you setup your homepage again, the intrusive Securefindersearch.com site will be the first thing that you see when you run the web browser.
Table of contents
- What is Securefindersearch.com
- Remove Securefindersearch.com
- How to remove Securefindersearch.com redirect without any software
- Delete Securefindersearch.com related software through the Control Panel of your PC system
- Clean up the internet browsers shortcuts that have been hijacked by Securefindersearch.com
- Delete Securefindersearch.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
- Get rid of Securefindersearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Delete Securefindersearch.com from Chrome
- Securefindersearch.com search automatic removal
- How to remove Securefindersearch.com redirect without any software
- Stop Securefindersearch.com homepage and other unwanted web pages
- How did you get infected with Securefindersearch.com browser hijacker
- Finish words
The hijacker, which set the Securefindersearch.com as your home page can also set this annoying web-page as your search engine. You will encounter the fact that the search in the web browser has become uncomfortable to use, because the search results will consist of a ton of advertisements, links to ad and unwanted pages and a small amount of regular links, which are obtained from a search in the major search providers. Therefore, look for something using Securefindersearch.com web page would be a waste of time or worse, it can lead to even more infected machine.
Some browser hijackers also contain adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) that can be used to open unwanted advertisements and or collect a wide variety of user data that may be used for marketing purposes. These unwanted advertisements may be opened as pop-unders, pop-ups, in-text advertisements, video ads, text links or banners or even massive full page ads. Most of the adware is created to show ads, but some adware is form of spyware that often used to track users to collect user information.
It’s important, do not use Securefindersearch.com site and do not click on ads placed on it, as they may lead you to a more dangerous or misleading sites. The best option is to use the guide posted below to free your PC system of hijacker, get rid of the Securefindersearch.com redirect, and thereby revert back your favorite startpage and search provider.
In the few simple steps below we will have a look at the browser hijacker infection and how to get rid of Securefindersearch.com from Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer browsers for MS Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal utilities. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your personal computer.
How to get rid of Securefindersearch.com search without any software
Most common browser hijackers may be deleted without any antivirus applications. The manual browser hijacker infection removal is blog post instructions that will teach you how to delete the Securefindersearch.com start page.
Delete Securefindersearch.com related software through the Control Panel of your PC system
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of undesired ads or browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the image below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right like below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and get rid of all applications which has the name similar to the web-page which has been set as your Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer startpage, new tab and search engine by default. We recommend to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. uwhen you have found anything suspicious that may be the browser hijacker, ad-supported software or potentially unwanted programs, then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully get rid of it from your PC.
Clean up the internet browsers shortcuts that have been hijacked by Securefindersearch.com
Now you need to clean up the web-browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the internet browser, and not on any unknown file.
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut that you use to start your browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the web-browser which is redirected to the Securefindersearch.com or other intrusive page.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The browser hijacker can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you open your web browser. Depending on the web-browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text such as “http://site.addres” which has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the image below.
Next, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you launch the internet browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the Securefindersearch.com web-site or any other annoying web pages. Once the step is complete, we recommend to go to the next step.
Delete Securefindersearch.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Firefox settings like home page, new tab and default search engine have been modified by the hijacker infection, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Start the FF and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Securefindersearch.com browser hijacker. Once, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Securefindersearch.com from Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browser you restore your web browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by browser hijacker such as Securefindersearch.com.
First, run the IE, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove Securefindersearch.com hijacker infection, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like start page, newtab and search provider by default to default state.
Delete Securefindersearch.com from Chrome
If your Google Chrome web browser is redirected to intrusive Securefindersearch.com web-page, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser program to its default settings.
- First start the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your web-browser’s start page, new tab page and default search engine will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Securefindersearch.com search automatic removal
There are not many good free anti malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, adware, browser hijacker infections and other PUPs. We recommend to run several programs, not just one. These programs that listed below will allow you remove all components of the browser hijacker infection from your disk and Windows registry and thereby delete Securefindersearch.com homepage.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to get rid of hijacker
We suggest you to use the Zemana Anti-malware which are completely clean your system. Moreover, the tool will help you to get rid of potentially unwanted applications, malware, toolbars and ad supported software that your machine can be infected too.
- Please download Zemana anti malware to your desktop from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your personal computer. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana anti malware onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the antimalware will start and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the browser hijacker and web-browser’s malicious extensions. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your PC. While the tool is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When the system scan is complete, it will show a list of found items.
- In order to remove all items, simply press the “Next” button to start cleaning your personal computer. Once the task is complete, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Automatically remove Securefindersearch.com with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to find and remove Securefindersearch.com redirect from your PC. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the computer.
Download Malwarebytes Free from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
When downloading is done, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Malwarebytes will try to update itself and when this process is complete, click the “Scan Now” button for checking your computer for the Securefindersearch.com browser hijacker infection . While the tool is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malware. When you are ready, click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal tool, we recommend you to read and follow the guide or the video guide below.
Get rid of Securefindersearch.com browser hijacker and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and use to remove hijacker infections, ad supported software, malicious software, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and other threats from your personal computer. You may use this tool to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 19, 2017
Once downloading is complete, open the folder in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once the tool is started, you will see a screen as shown on the screen below.
Further, click “Scan” button for checking your PC system for the Securefindersearch.com browser hijacker . This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. Once the scan is complete, you may check all items detected on your PC system as shown on the screen below.
Make sure all entries have ‘checkmark’ and press “Clean” button. It will display a prompt as shown on the image below.
You need to press “OK”. Once the clean-up is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer. When your PC system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
These steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Stop Securefindersearch.com home page and other unwanted web pages
Using an ad-blocker application such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, adblocker software will also protect you from dangerous advertisements and web-pages, and, of course, stop redirection chain to Securefindersearch.com and similar web-sites.
- Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- After the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, web-sites such Securefindersearch.com, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
How did you get infected with Securefindersearch.com browser hijacker infection
Now your computer should be free of the Securefindersearch.com . Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your computer for new malicious software, browser hijackers and adware) and AdGuard (to help you stop undesired pop-up ads and harmful web sites). Moreover, to prevent browser hijackers, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to scan for PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with Securefindersearch.com related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.