The b.best-run.men is an one of the many advertising pages, which can be opened automatically each time you launch the browser. The reason of automatic opening of this page is an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software), which was set on your PC without your consent. Because, the adware is often used to open lots of annoying pop-up ads within the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge’s screen. As, the advertisers do not disdain to use any methods to promote their web-sites and attract new users. Below we explain how to remove ad-supported software and thereby remove b.best-run.men annoying ads from your internet browser.
The ad-supported software usually affects only the Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Microsoft Edge by changing the web browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software will perform a scan of the PC system for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you run the internet browser, you will see an unwanted b.best-run.men web site.
Technically, the adware is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates tons of pop-ups, hindering or completely blocking the work in the browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted programs without your permission, force you to visit dangerous sites. Moreover, the adware can download and install browser hijacker. Once installed, it will modify your startpage with an unwanted page.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your computer from the adware as well as get rid of b.best-run.men annoying advertisements from the FF, Google Chrome, IE and Edge and other web browsers.
How can you prevent your system from the attack of b.best-run.men advertisements
How to manually remove b.best-run.men pop-ups
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually get rid of b.best-run.men pop-ups from the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove b.best-run.men from Chrome
- Remove b.best-run.men redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove b.best-run.men pop-up ads from IE
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove b.best-run.men redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It’ll show the Windows Control Panel like below.
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all software. Scroll through the all list and remove any suspicious and unknown programs.
Remove b.best-run.men from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s startpage, new tab page and default search engine that have been changed by ad-supported software.
- Open the Chrome, then press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press the “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, click the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove b.best-run.men redirect from Mozilla Firefox
First, start the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, press “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove b.best-run.men pop-up ads from IE
To remove the b.best-run.men advertisements you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt as shown on the image below. Next, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, press the “Reset” button.
Once the task is done, press “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove b.best-run.men redirect
Once the ad-supported software is started, it can also modify the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the internet browser, it will be redirected to an unwanted advertisements.
To clear the web browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which begins with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ad-supported software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you open your computer, it will open b.best-run.men annoying web page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by malicious application.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time. It will display a prompt which titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the unwanted software, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious program. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to get rid of b.best-run.men with free malware removal program
Manual removal b.best-run.men pop-ups requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system. Moreover, the freeware will help you to get rid of malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, press the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole PC to find out adware that redirects your internet browser to the b.best-run.men unwanted page. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the system scan is finished, it will open a screen that contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your PC. Once the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block b.best-run.men advertisements
To increase your security and protect your system against new unwanted ads and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to harmful ads and web sites. Moreover, the program can stop the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- Once the download is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop advertisements, b.best-run.men redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove b.best-run.men pop-ups and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes cannot get rid of the annoying b.best-run.men pop-ups from the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and MS Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: February 8, 2018
When downloading is finished, open the file location. Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is opened, you will see a screen like below.
Now, click the “Scan” button for scanning your system for the malicious extensions and ‘ad supported’ software which shows advertisements from b.best-run.men page. When it has finished scanning, it will display a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt. Click “OK”. When the clean up is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer.
Look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the AdwCleaner to delete ad supported software, browser hijackers and other malicious applications.
Now your computer should be clean of the b.best-run.men advertisements. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popup ads and unwanted harmful web-pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your system for new malware and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new harmful programs and ad-supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete b.best-run.men redirect from your computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.