If you find that your some settings of browsers have been modified to Initialsite123 without your permission then it is possible that your machine is infected with hijacker. Once started, it takes control of your system including installed Chrome, IE, Firefox and MS Edge and makes changes to its settings such as start page, newtab page and search provider by default, without your knowledge.
The Initialsite123 hijacker infection usually affects only the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The hijacker infection will perform a scan of the personal computer for internet browser shortcuts and alter them without your permission. When it infects the browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you open the browser, you will see the Initialsite123 annoying web-site.
Table of contents
- What is Initialsite123
- Remove Initialsite123 startpage
- How to manually remove Initialsite123
- Delete all ‘ad supported’ software and other potentially unwanted software through the MS Windows Control Panel
- Clean up the internet browsers shortcuts that have been hijacked by Initialsite123
- Remove Initialsite123 from Chrome
- Remove Initialsite123 start page from Internet Explorer
- Get rid of Initialsite123 search from Firefox
- Run free malware removal tools to completely remove Initialsite123 redirect
- How to manually remove Initialsite123
- Block Initialsite123 search and other unwanted web pages
- How did you get infected with Initialsite123 hijacker infection
- Finish words
Besides the fact that Initialsite123 browser hijacker rewrites your homepage, this annoying web-site can set yourself as your search provider. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of a large amount of advertisements, links to unwanted and ad web pages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search providers. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the Web, is an unpleasant moment. Moreover, the Initialsite123 browser hijacker can collect personal information about you, and in the future to transfer it to third parties. What creates the risk of theft of your personal data.
Some browser hijackers also contain adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) that may be used to display annoying ads and or collect a wide variety of user information that may be transferred to third parties. These unwanted ads can be shown as pop-unders, pop-ups, in-text ads, video advertisements, text links or banners or even massive full page ads. Most of the ‘ad supported’ software is developed to open advertisements, but certain adware is form of spyware that often used to track users to collect lots of personal data.
Therefore it is very important to clean your personal computer of browser hijacker as quickly as possible. Follow the few simple steps below to get rid of Initialsite123 start page, as well as other malicious software and adware, which can be installed onto your system along with it.
Remove Initialsite123 startpage
In the step by step guide below we will have a look at the browser hijacker infection and how to remove Initialsite123 from Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer web-browsers for Microsoft Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal utilities and software.
How to manually get rid of Initialsite123
The step by step guide will help you remove Initialsite123 search. These Initialsite123 removal steps work for the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge, as well as every version of MS Windows operating system.
Delete all ‘ad supported’ software and other potentially unwanted applications through the MS Windows Control Panel
First method for manual hijacker removal is to go into the Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of programs on your machine and see if there are any suspicious and unknown software. If you see any, you need to delete them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Net search to find details on the program. If it is a potentially unwanted application, ‘ad supported’ software or malicious software, you will likely find information that says so.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all applications installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Clean up the internet browsers shortcuts that have been hijacked by Initialsite123
Now you need to clean up the browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the web-browser, and not on any unknown file.
To clear the web browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text similar “http://site.address” that has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Initialsite123 from Chrome
If your Google Chrome web browser is redirected to annoying Initialsite123 page, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser program to its default settings.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Initialsite123 start page from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web browser settings like home page, newtab page and search provider by default having been hijacked, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset web browser procedure.
First, run the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then press the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown on the image below.
When the process is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s newtab, start page and search provider by default to default state.
Get rid of Initialsite123 search from Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your internet browser program, including the redirect to Initialsite123 web site.
Start the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the Initialsite123 browser hijacker. Once, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Run free malware removal tools to completely remove Initialsite123 redirect
Run malware removal utilities to remove Initialsite123 automatically. The free software tools specially developed for hijacker, adware and other potentially unwanted programs removal. These tools may delete most of hijacker from Google Chrome, FF, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Moreover, it can remove all components of Initialsite123 from Windows registry and system drives.
Remove Initialsite123 redirect with Zemana Anti-malware
You can delete Initialsite123 automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We suggest this malicious software removal tool because it can easily delete browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software, ad supported software and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
Download Zemana anti-malware on your system by clicking on the link below. Save it on your desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
After the download is finished, close all windows on your PC. Further, open the file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown on the screen below, press the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana antimalware on the PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, Zemana antimalware will automatically run and you may see its main window as shown on the screen below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the hijacker . Depending on your personal computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
Once the system scan is finished, it will open a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. In order to remove all items, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana antimalware will begin removing Initialsite123 browser hijacker infection and other security threats. Once disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
How to delete Initialsite123 with Malwarebytes
Remove Initialsite123 hijacker infection manually is difficult and often the hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will allow you to remove malware, PUPs, toolbars and ad-supported software that your PC system may be infected too.
Download Malwarebytes Free from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
When downloading is complete, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Malwarebytes will try to update itself and when this procedure is finished, click the “Scan Now” button for checking your machine for the Initialsite123 hijacker which cause a redirect to Initialsite123. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your system. During the scan it’ll detect all threats present on your machine. Next, you need to press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes is a free program that you can use to delete all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the few simple steps or the video guide below.
Run AdwCleaner to remove Initialsite123 from the computer
The AdwCleaner tool is free and easy to use. It may scan and delete browser hijacker such as Initialsite123, malicious software, potentially unwanted applications and adware in Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge internet browsers and thereby restore their default settings (start page, newtab page and default search provider). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and delete malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2019
- When the download is done, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, click “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole personal computer to find out Initialsite123 hijacker which redirects your web-browser to the Initialsite123 undesired web-site. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- Once the scanning is finished, it will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, press “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Block Initialsite123 search and other unwanted web pages
In order to increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying advertisements and malicious web-sites, you need to use ad blocking program that blocks an access to dangerous ads and web sites. Moreover, the application can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the downloading process is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is done, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop pop up ads, sites such Initialsite123, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
How did you get infected with Initialsite123 hijacker infection
After completing the tutorial above, your PC should be clean from browser hijacker, adware and malware. The Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge will no longer open Initialsite123 unwanted home page on startup. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.