If you find that your web browser has become show the unwanted Urgent Firefox Upgrade pop-up asking you to install a questionable Firefox patch then it is a sign that your PC system is infected with malware from the adware family. The adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) is a form of unwanted software that can show a lot of pop-up ads without a user’s permission. Moreover, it can reroute the internet browser on dangerous and misleading web-pages. Also, if you seeing that the Google Chrome, FF, IE and Edge tries to load an unknown web site, when you try to open a long-known page, then you do not need to wait! Press the stop button in web-browser’s address bar. Follow the steps below and clean your machine from ad supported software as quickly as possible. It will assist you to remove the redirect to “Urgent Firefox Upgrade” misleading webpage and any other unwanted web sites.
The adware can change the settings of the Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, but often that a harmful software such as this can also infect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time launch the browser to see Urgent Firefox Upgrade fake alert.
The ad supported software may insert a lot of advertisements directly to the web pages that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising links has been added by the creators of the page. Moreover, a legal advertisements may be replaced on the fake ads, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the adware has the ability to collect a large amount of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your computer from the adware as well as delete Urgent Firefox Upgrade annoying popup from your web browsers.
How does Urgent Firefox Upgrade pop-ups get installed onto machine
How to manually remove Urgent Firefox Upgrade
If you perform exactly the few simple steps below you should be able to remove the Urgent Firefox Upgrade pop-ups. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or restart your computer.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Urgent Firefox Upgrade redirects
- Remove Urgent Firefox Upgrade redirect from Firefox
- Remove Urgent Firefox Upgrade pop-up from Chrome
- Delete Urgent Firefox Upgrade popup from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It’ll show the Windows Control Panel like below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It’ll display a list of all software. Scroll through the all list and uninstall any suspicious and unknown applications.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Urgent Firefox Upgrade redirects
Once the adware is started, it can also modify the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the internet browser, it will be redirected to an unwanted ads.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which begins with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Urgent Firefox Upgrade redirect from Firefox
First, launch the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Urgent Firefox Upgrade pop-up from Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, press the “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown in the figure below and click the “Reset settings” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Delete Urgent Firefox Upgrade popup from Internet Explorer
In order to get rid of the Urgent Firefox Upgrade pop-ups you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, run the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset IE settings” prompt like below. Next, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, click the “Reset” button.
Once the procedure is complete, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you open your computer, it will open Urgent Firefox Upgrade fake alerts. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all tasks that have been created by malicious program.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time. It will display a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove Urgent Firefox Upgrade pop-ups with free malware removal program
Manual removal Urgent Firefox Upgrade pop-up malware requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system. Moreover, the freeware will help you to remove malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your machine may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: August 31, 2017
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has done installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole machine to find out adware which redirects your web-browser to the Urgent Firefox Upgrade fake alerts. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the scan is finished, it will display a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your computer. When the process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Urgent Firefox Upgrade
To increase your security and protect your machine against new unwanted ads and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that stops access to dangerous advertisements and web pages. Moreover, the program can stop the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- When downloading is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is done, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up ads, Urgent Firefox Upgrade redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Scan and clean your system of Urgent Firefox Upgrade with Zemana Anti-malware
We recommend you to use the Zemana Anti-malware that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the utility will help you to delete potentially unwanted programs, malicious software, toolbars and ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) that your PC can be infected too.
- Please download Zemana anti malware to your desktop from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: April 20, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Next, run a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana anti malware onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the anti-malware will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out the adware that opens unwanted “Urgent Firefox Upgrade” pop-ups. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- Once the scan is done, it’ll display a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- In order to get rid of all items, simply click the “Next” button to begin cleaning your personal computer. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Remove Urgent Firefox Upgrade popup and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes and Zemana Anti-malware cannot get rid of the annoying Urgent Firefox Upgrade pop-ups from the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: August 29, 2017
Once the downloading process is finished, open the directory in which you saved it. Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen such as below.
Now, press the “Scan” button . This will start scanning the whole machine to find out malicious extensions and adware that opens fake “Urgent Firefox Upgrade” alerts. Once the checking is finished, it will display a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”. When the clean up is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer.
Look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the AdwCleaner to remove adware, browser hijackers and other harmful programs.
After completing the steps shown above, your machine should be clean from malware and ‘ad supported’ software. The Firefox, Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge will no longer open “Urgent Firefox Upgrade” unwanted pop-up or redirect you to unwanted web pages. Unfortunately, if the instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ad-supported software, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.