Are you seeing ad2load.net annoying site in the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer every time you use the browser to surf the Internet? This could mean that your machine is infected with an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) which looks the entire traffic generated by you and on this basis, it displays lots of unwanted popup ads. Currently, this adware are widely spread, due to the fact that most people are trying to find free applications, download and install them on the PC without proper attention to the fact that the ‘ad supported’ software can penetrate into the PC along with them.
Most often, the ad supported software affects the most common browsers such as the Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge. But such the dangerous software as well may infect another web browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a internet browser’s shortcut). So every time you launch the web browser, it will redirect to the annoying ad2load.net site. Even if you setup a new startpage, an unwanted site will be the first thing you see when you launch the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
The adware is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to show dozens of popup ads, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open web browser window. So, the ad2load.net is just one of the many web-pages of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It’s designed to fill the internet browser’s constant stream of ads, or redirect the web-browser to not expected and intrusive advertising pages. Moreover, the adware can substitute the legitimate ads on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious pages. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their sites, so the creators of adware, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the ‘ad supported’ software receive income. It is the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
We recommend to delete the adware, which redirects your browser on the ad2load.net annoying web page, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other dangerous software on your machine.
How does your personal computer get infected with ad2load.net pop-ups
Most commonly, the ad-supported software is bundled within the setup packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a free applications is a a good chance that you will find some bundled ad supported software. If you do not know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During setup, choose the Custom or Advanced installation option. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install an unknown applications. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted program on your PC system such as this adware that redirect the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge onto the annoying ad2load.net web site.
How to manually remove ad2load.net pop-up ads
This steps will allow you remove ad2load.net pop-ups. These ad2load.net removal steps work for the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the web-browser or restart your PC system. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Get rid of ad2load.net pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove ad2load.net redirect from Google Chrome
- Delete ad2load.net redirect from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete ad2load.net redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list and uninstall any suspicious and unknown applications.
Get rid of ad2load.net pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
If the FF settings have been modified by the ad supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto ad2load.net web-page.
First, run the FF and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Next, click the Help button () as shown in the figure below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser address bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad-supported software. When it is finished, press the “Finish” button
Remove ad2load.net redirect from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to get rid of the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s homepage, new tab and default search engine that have been replaced by adware.
- Open the Google Chrome, then press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click the “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, press the “Reset settings” button, which located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete ad2load.net redirect from Internet Explorer
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as start page and search provider by default to default state, disable ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and thereby remove the redirect to ad2load.net unwanted page.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete ad2load.net redirect
When the ad-supported software is started, it can also alter the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the web-browser, it will be redirected to an unwanted ads.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ad supported software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you run your machine, it will show ad2load.net unwanted web-page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will open a prompt which titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ programs, then this task also should be removed.
Further press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious program. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to delete ad2load.net with free malware remover
Get rid of ad2load.net ads manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malware, internet browser hijacker and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- Close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open the file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the installation of Malwarebytes. Next, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press on the “Scan Now” button . This will begin scanning the whole machine to find out ad-supported software that redirects your web browser to the ad2load.net annoying page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When it has finished scanning, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected”. Once the disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart your PC system.
These steps above are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to stop ad2load.net
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to harmful ads and web-pages. Moreover, the application can block the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- Once the downloading process is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block pop-ups, ad2load.net redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with ad2load.net pop-up ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot delete ad2load.net , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 20, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is started the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, press the “Scan” button . This will start scanning the whole PC system to find out ‘ad supported’ software which generates ad2load.net ads.
- Once the scan is finished, AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will open a dialog box, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the guide above on how to get rid of adware with AdwCleaner.
After completing the step-by-step guide shown above, your machine should be free from malware and adware. The Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge will no longer show ad2load.net annoying pop-up ads or redirect you to unwanted web-pages. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.