Have you become that your web browser randomly displays b.max-headway.men, instead of the one you want to see? It’s a sign that you have an installed ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) on your personal computer. The adware is a part of harmful software that created to open a huge number of unwanted advertisements. Use the guide below as soon as possible. It’ll clear your system from ‘ad supported’ software that generates tons of advertisements in the browser and thereby remove the reroute to b.max-headway.men page.
The ‘ad supported’ software usually affects only the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a harmful extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the computer for browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you launch the browser, you will see an annoying b.max-headway.men page.
Technically, the ad supported software is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates lots of pop-up ads, hindering or completely blocking the work in the browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted programs without your permission, force you to visit dangerous web-sites. Moreover, the ad supported software can download and install internet browser hijacker. Once installed, it’ll rewrite your start page with an unwanted web page.
Therefore it is very important to follow the few simple steps below ASAP. The step-by-step instructions will assist you to get rid of adware as well as clean your system from the b.max-headway.men ads. What is more, the few simple steps below will help you remove other dangerous software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the PC system along with the adware.
How can you prevent your PC system from the attack of b.max-headway.men advertisements
How to manually remove b.max-headway.men advertisements
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will assist you manually delete b.max-headway.men pop-ups from the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Remove suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete b.max-headway.men redirect
- Get rid of b.max-headway.men advertisements from Chrome
- Remove b.max-headway.men pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox
- Get rid of b.max-headway.men advertisements from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the computer cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up your browser from advertisements, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete b.max-headway.men redirect
When the adware is started, it can also modify the internet browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the internet browser, it will be redirected to an annoying ads.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that starts with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of b.max-headway.men advertisements from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s homepage, new tab and default search engine that have been changed by adware.
- Open the Chrome, then click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click the “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, click the “Reset settings” button, which located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove b.max-headway.men pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, press the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, press “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of b.max-headway.men advertisements from Internet Explorer
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu as shown on the screen below. Next, press the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ad supported software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your PC system, it will open b.max-headway.men annoying site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by unwanted programs.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will display a prompt which titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, like below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to get rid of b.max-headway.men with free malware removal program
Manual removal b.max-headway.men advertisements requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free software will help you to delete malware, web browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, press the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is done, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has done installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your system for the adware which redirects your internet browser to the b.max-headway.men annoying site. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When it has finished scanning your system, it will show a screen that contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your PC. Once the process is complete, you may be prompted to restart your machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop b.max-headway.men pop-up ads and other annoying sites
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted advertisements and malicious web-sites, you need to use program that stops access to malicious ads and web-pages. Moreover, the application can stop the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is finished, start the file named adguardInstaller. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is complete, you will see a window like below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and block pop-ups, web-sites like b.max-headway.men, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with b.max-headway.men ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot get rid of b.max-headway.men redirect, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 4, 2019
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the utility is launched the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ‘ad supported’ software which generates b.max-headway.men advertisements.
- Once the scan is finished, AdwCleaner will show a scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will open a dialog box, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the step-by-step guide above on how to get rid of adware with AdwCleaner.
After completing the step-by-step guide above, your system should be clean from malware and adware. The Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge will no longer display b.max-headway.men annoying advertisements and redirect you to unknown web-pages. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ad-supported software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the system scan is finished, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted b.max-headway.men pop-ups.