If you find that your internet browser has become show the annoying affiliatecpaleads.com web-site then it’s possible that your PC is infected with dangerous software from the adware family. The adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) is a form of unwanted software that can show tons of popup ads without a user’s permission. Moreover, it can redirect the browser on dangerous and misleading web-pages. Also, if you seeing that the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge tries to load an unknown web site, when you try to open a long-known web-site, then you do not need to wait! Press the stop button in web-browser’s address bar. Perform the step-by-step instructions below and clean your system from adware as quickly as possible. It’ll assist you to delete the redirect to affiliatecpaleads.com and any unwanted popup ads.
The malicious applications from the ‘ad supported’ software family that modifies the settings of web browsers usually affects only the Chrome, FF, IE and MS Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a web browser’s shortcut, so every time you open the browser, instead of your start page, you will see the unwanted affiliatecpaleads.com ads.
Technically, the adware is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a large amount of ads, hindering or completely blocking the work in the browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit malicious pages. Moreover, the ad-supported software can download and install web-browser hijacker. Once installed, it’ll modify your homepage with an unwanted page.
We recommend to remove the adware, which redirects your web browser on the affiliatecpaleads.com unwanted web-page, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other malicious software on your machine.
How does your machine get infected with affiliatecpaleads.com pop-up ads
How to manually remove affiliatecpaleads.com
The simple answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will assist you easily to clean your computer of adware. Moreover, you can choose manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the machine then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware utility designed specifically to delete ‘ad supported’ software which causes annoying affiliatecpaleads.com redirect. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web-browser or restart your PC system.
- Delete suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove affiliatecpaleads.com redirect
- Remove affiliatecpaleads.com advertisements from Google Chrome
- Remove affiliatecpaleads.com pop-ups from FF
- Remove affiliatecpaleads.com pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the computer cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded applications can clean up your internet browser from pop-up ads, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It’ll display the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove affiliatecpaleads.com redirect
When the adware is started, it can also modify the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the web browser, it will be rerouted to an annoying advertisements.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove affiliatecpaleads.com advertisements from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to delete the malware and adware, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been changed by ‘ad supported’ software.
- Now start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next, press the “Reset” button.
- When this procedure is done, your web browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage and search engine by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove affiliatecpaleads.com pop-ups from FF
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to delete the redirect onto affiliatecpaleads.com web site.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox and press button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Next, click the Help button () as shown on the screen below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser address bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad-supported software. Once it’s finished, click the “Finish” button
Remove affiliatecpaleads.com pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
To remove the affiliatecpaleads.com redirect you need to reset the IE to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, start the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and click the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt as on the image below. Next, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, click the “Reset” button.
When the procedure is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your computer, it will show affiliatecpaleads.com unwanted web-site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all tasks that have been created by malicious program.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will show a dialog box which titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the unwanted software, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Remove affiliatecpaleads.com pop-up ads automatically
You can remove affiliatecpaleads.com ads automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malware removal tool because it can easily remove ‘ad supported’ software, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download Malwarebytes Free on your personal computer by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
When the download is finished, close all windows on your PC. Further, open the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown on the image below, click the Yes button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will assist you install Malwarebytes on the system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once the installation is done successfully, click Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown on the screen below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the malware and adware that cause the affiliatecpaleads.com ads. When a threat is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished. Please be patient.
Once the scan is done, you can check all threats detected on your system. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will begin removing malware and ad-supported software that cause affiliatecpaleads.com ads. When the disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart your machine. I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the Malwarebytes to get rid of ‘ad supported’ software and other harmful applications.
How to block affiliatecpaleads.com
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying ads and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to harmful advertisements and web-pages. Moreover, the application can stop the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will launch automatically and block pop-up ads, affiliatecpaleads.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with affiliatecpaleads.com is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove affiliatecpaleads.com pop-ups, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2019
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is launched the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button to start scanning your computer for the adware which generates affiliatecpaleads.com ads.
- When it has finished scanning, AdwCleaner will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, press “OK” button.
The following video explains the step-by-step instructions above on how to delete ‘ad supported’ software with AdwCleaner.
Once you have finished the step-by-step guide above, your system should be clean from malware and adware. The Firefox, Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge will no longer show affiliatecpaleads.com annoying pop-up ads and redirect you to unknown web sites. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When the system scan is done, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying affiliatecpaleads.com pop-ups.