The Palikan Search is categorized as browser hijacker. The appearance of Palikan Search home page in your web browser means that your PC system is infected by hijacker infection, that makes changes to browsers settings by replacing the start page, new tab page and default search provider. So, if you find that when you open your internet browser, it displays this unwanted web-site, then you don’t need to wait . Complete the steps below and delete Palikan Search as quickly as possible.
Besides the fact that Palikan Search hijacker infection replaces your startpage, this annoying web-page can set yourself as your search engine. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of tons of advertisements, links to unwanted and ad web sites and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search engines. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the Web, is an unpleasant moment. Moreover, the Palikan Search browser hijacker can collect information about you, and in the future to transfer it to third parties. What creates the risk of theft of your personal data.
Table of contents
- What is Palikan Search
- Palikan Search redirect removal instructions
- How to manually get rid of Palikan Search
- Uninstall suspicious and potentially unwanted software using MS Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Palikan Search redirect
- Remove Palikan Search from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
- Delete Palikan Search redirect from Chrome
- Get rid of Palikan Search startpage from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- How to remove Palikan Search redirect with freeware
- How to manually get rid of Palikan Search
- Use AdBlocker to stop Palikan Search and stay safe online
- How did you get infected with Palikan Search hijacker
- Finish words
The Palikan Search hijacker can alter settings of browsers, but often that the unwanted software can also infect all types of web browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user to see Palikan Search annoying web-page every time launch the web browser.
Some browser hijackers also contain adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) that can be used to show unwanted advertisements and or gather a wide variety of personal data that may be used for marketing purposes. These unwanted advertisements may be shown in the form of pop-unders, pop-ups, in-text advertisements, video ads, text links or banners or even massive full page advertisements. Most of the adware is designed to display advertisements, but some adware is form of spyware that often used to track users to gather a wide variety of user data.
We recommend you to free your personal computer as soon as possible. Use the instructions below which will allow to get rid of Palikan Search redirect and ‘ad-supported’ program, that can be installed onto your system along with it.
Palikan Search redirect removal instructions
The answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will help you easily to free your PC system of hijacker. Moreover, you may choose manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the PC system then use manual removal, otherwise use the free antimalware utility designed specifically to get rid of hijacker such as Palikan Search. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or reboot your machine.
How to manually remove Palikan Search
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Palikan Search start page from the Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Uninstall suspicious and potentially unwanted software using MS Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the program that causes the appearance of annoying ads or web browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown in the figure below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all software installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown software.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Palikan Search redirect
Now you need to clean up the internet browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the web browser, and not on any unknown file.
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to launch your web browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the web-browser which is redirected to the Palikan Search or other unwanted web site.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The browser hijacker can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be start when you run your web-browser. Depending on the browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://site.addres” which has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the screen below.
Next, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you open the web browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the Palikan Search web-page or any other unwanted sites. Once the step is done, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove Palikan Search from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If the FF internet browser application is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring FF settings like newtab page, startpage and search engine by default to its default state. It will save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, and open tabs.
Run the FF and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web-browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The FF will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the Palikan Search browser hijacker. Once, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Delete Palikan Search redirect from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the browser hijacker, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s start page, new tab page and default search provider that have been modified by Palikan Search hijacker.
- First run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your web browser’s homepage, new tab and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Palikan Search homepage from Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings like new tab, home page and search engine by default having been hijacked, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset web browser procedure.
First, run the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect. It will remove Palikan Search hijacker infection, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings such as startpage, newtab and default search provider to default state.
How to remove Palikan Search redirect with freeware
The browser hijacker can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and delete completely. This may lead to the fact that after some time, the browser hijacker again infect your machine and change settings of all your typical internet browsers to Palikan Search. Moreover, I want to note that it’s not always safe to delete browser hijacker manually, if you do not have much experience in setting up and configuring the operating system. The best method to detect and remove browser hijackers is to use free malware removal software.
How to automatically get rid of Palikan Search with Malwarebytes
Get rid of Palikan Search hijacker manually is difficult and often the hijacker infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free program will allow you to get rid of malware, PUPs, toolbars and adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) that your computer may be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- Close all applications and windows on your machine. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the Palikan Search browser hijacker and web browser’s malicious extensions. Depending on your personal computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malware, adware or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- As the scanning ends, it will display you the results. Next, you need to click “Quarantine Selected”. Once disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
The following video offers a guide on how to remove browser hijacker with Malwarebytes.
Double-check for potentially unwanted programs with AdwCleaner
This removal application is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove hijacker like Palikan Search, malware, PUPs and adware in Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer browsers and thereby return their default settings (homepage, newtab and search engine by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and delete malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the computer.
- Download AdwCleaner from the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: February 8, 2018
- Select the folder in which you saved it as Desktop, and then click Save.
- After downloading is finished, run the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” to perform a system scan with this tool for the Palikan Search browser hijacker infection and browser’s malicious extensions. This task can take some time, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted software are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
- When the system scan is done, the results are displayed in the scan report. In order to remove all items, simply press “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your machine, click “OK”.
The steps shown in detail in the following video.
Use AdBlocker to stop Palikan Search and stay safe online
We suggest to install an ad-blocker program which may block Palikan Search and other annoying web-pages. The adblocker tool like AdGuard is a program which basically removes advertising from the Net and blocks access to malicious pages. Moreover, security experts says that using adblock applications is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
- Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- When downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop up advertisements, web-sites such Palikan Search, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
How did you get infected with Palikan Search hijacker
Now your personal computer should be free of the Palikan Search redirect. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted advertisements and unwanted malicious web pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your PC for new malware, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijacker, malicious software and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Palikan Search redirect from your internet browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.