The go.playmmogames.com web site appeared on your PC system without any notice? After that, you’re faced with the fact that your internet browser is now rerouted to other annoying web pages and filled with a variety of pop-ups and banners. The cause of all your problems with your system is adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) that has been installed on many machines around the world without users permission, so you’re one of many. Most probably, you do not even know how and where this ad-supported software has got into your PC system. In the instructions below, we will explain all the general features of ad-supported software and its typical behavior on the PC, as well as effective methods for manually removing it from your computer.
The adware can change the settings of the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but often that a malicious software like this can also infect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time start the web-browser to see go.playmmogames.com unwanted advertisements.
What is more, the adware may show ads depend on a site that you are visiting. That is, it is clear that this adware, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
We suggest you to remove ‘ad supported’ software and clean your machine from go.playmmogames.com pop-ups ASAP, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the guide below that will allow you to completely remove the redirect to go.playmmogames.com unwanted web page, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does your PC get infected with go.playmmogames.com pop-up ads
How to manually remove go.playmmogames.com
If you perform exactly the step-by-step instructions below you should be able to get rid of the go.playmmogames.com advertisements. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your PC system.
- Remove suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove go.playmmogames.com redirect
- Get rid of go.playmmogames.com ads from Mozilla Firefox
- Delete go.playmmogames.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Remove go.playmmogames.com ads from Internet Explorer
- Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all software. Scroll through the all list and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove go.playmmogames.com redirect
When the ad-supported software is started, it can also modify the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the web-browser, it will be redirected to an annoying ads.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which begins with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of go.playmmogames.com ads from Mozilla Firefox
First, start the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, press “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete go.playmmogames.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown on the screen below and click the “Reset settings” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Remove go.playmmogames.com ads from Internet Explorer
To remove the go.playmmogames.com pop-up ads you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your machine.
First, start the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and press the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt as shown below. Next, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, click the “Reset” button.
Once the task is finished, press “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you run your PC, it will open go.playmmogames.com annoying site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will open a prompt that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious programs. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove go.playmmogames.com with free malware removal program
Manual removal go.playmmogames.com requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is done, please close all programs and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has complete installing, the malware remover will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for scanning your personal computer for the adware which redirects your web browser to the go.playmmogames.com annoying web page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the scan is finished, it will display a screen which contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your computer. When the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart your machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block go.playmmogames.com redirect
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying ads and malicious web pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious advertisements and web-pages. Moreover, the program can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-ups, go.playmmogames.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Scan your system and remove go.playmmogames.com with AdwCleaner.
This removal application is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove adware, browser hijackers, malware and unwanted toolbars in Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (homepage, new tab page and search engine by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC.
Download AdwCleaner utility from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 24, 2017
After the download is complete, open the file location and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will launch the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen as shown on the image below. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to show the application, click Yes button to continue.
Now, press the “Scan” to start scanning your computer for the adware that cause a redirect to go.playmmogames.com ads.
When it has finished scanning your PC, it will open a list of all items detected by this tool as shown in the figure below.
You need to press “Clean” button. It will open a dialog box, press “OK” to begin the cleaning procedure. When the cleaning procedure is complete, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your machine. After reboot, the AdwCleaner will show the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
After completing the step-by-step guide outlined above, your computer should be clean from malware and ad-supported software. The Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge will no longer show go.playmmogames.com annoying popup ads and redirect you to unknown web sites. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When the system scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying go.playmmogames.com advertisements.