If you find that your internet browser has become open the annoying alxsite.com advertisements then it’s a sign that your computer is infected with dangerous software from the adware family. The adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) is a form of unwanted software that can show tons of pop-up ads without a user’s permission. Moreover, it can reroute the browser on dangerous and misleading sites. Also, if you seeing that the Google Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge tries to load an unknown site, when you try to open a long-known site, then you do not need to wait! Press the stop button in web-browser’s address bar. Follow the steps below and clean your PC system from ad supported software as quickly as possible. It’ll assist you to remove the redirect to alxsite.com and any unwanted pop-up ads.
The ad supported software usually affects only the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge by changing the web browser’s settings or installing a dangerous extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The ad-supported software will perform a scan of the PC for browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you start the web browser, you will see an unwanted alxsite.com web page.
The ‘ad supported’ software may insert a large amount of advertisements directly to the web-sites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertisements has been added by the creators of the web-page. Moreover, a legal advertisements may be replaced on the fake ads, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the adware has the ability to collect lots of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
We suggest you to delete ‘ad supported’ software and clean your personal computer from alxsite.com pop-up ads ASAP, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the few simple steps below that will allow you to completely remove the redirect to alxsite.com unwanted site, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
Tips to prevent alxsite.com ads
How to manually remove alxsite.com pop-up ads
This steps will allow you remove alxsite.com . These alxsite.com removal steps work for the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the web-browser or reboot your machine. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Delete suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
- Delete alxsite.com pop-up ads from Chrome
- Remove alxsite.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove alxsite.com pop-ups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove alxsite.com redirect
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It’ll show the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list and delete any suspicious and unknown programs.
Delete alxsite.com pop-up ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s start page and search provider by default that have been modified by ‘ad supported’ software.
- Open the Chrome, then click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click the “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, press the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove alxsite.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
First, start the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove alxsite.com pop-ups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, run the Internet Explorer, then click button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as homepage, new tab page and search engine by default to default state, disable ad-supported web browser’s extensions and thereby delete the redirect to alxsite.com annoying web-page.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove alxsite.com redirect
Once the ad supported software is started, it can also alter the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you open the web-browser, it will be redirected to an annoying ads.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ad-supported software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you launch your PC system, it will display alxsite.com annoying page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by malicious application.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will open a dialog box that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, like below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious program. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to delete alxsite.com with free malware removal application
Manual removal alxsite.com redirect requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free applications will help you to delete malware, web-browser hijackers and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is done, please close all applications and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware which redirects your web-browser to the alxsite.com annoying site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the system scan is finished, it will display a screen which contains a list of malicious applications that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your PC. When the task is done, you may be prompted to reboot your PC.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop alxsite.com advertisements
To increase your security and protect your PC against new unwanted advertisements and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious ads and web pages. Moreover, the program can stop the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After the download is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-ups, alxsite.com redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Scan your personal computer and delete alxsite.com advertisements with AdwCleaner.
This removal program is free and easy to use. It can scan and get rid of ‘ad supported’ software, browser hijackers, malware and unwanted toolbars in Google Chrome, FF, MS Edge and IE browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (home page, newtab page and search provider by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC.
Download AdwCleaner tool by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: February 8, 2018
After downloading is finished, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will run the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen as shown below. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to display the application, click Yes button to continue.
Now, click the “Scan” to begin checking your computer for the adware that cause a redirect to alxsite.com ads.
When the system scan is finished, it will open a list of all items detected by this utility like below.
You need to click “Clean” button. It will open a dialog box, press “OK” to begin the cleaning process. When the clean up is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your computer. After restart, the AdwCleaner will show the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Now your PC should be clean of the alxsite.com pop-up ads. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up ads and unwanted dangerous sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malware and adware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove alxsite.com pop-ups from your computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.