If the Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and MS Edge shows the nano-news.info annoying pop-ups then your machine is infected with an adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software). This ‘ad supported’ software modifies the Google Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge settings to show lots of annoying advertisements on all web-pages, including web pages where previously you advertisements have never seen. These ads can be varied: pop-up windows, boxes, in-text ads, different sized banners and so on. What is more, the ad-supported software, that displays the nano-news.info pop-up ads, can cause your Internet connection to be slow or freeze your internet browser so that the interface is not updated anymore.
The adware usually affects only the Firefox, Chrome, IE and MS Edge by changing the web browser’s settings or installing a dangerous extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the computer for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you start the web browser, you will see an annoying nano-news.info web page.
The adware is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It’s created with the sole purpose to display dozens of advertisements, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open web browser window. So, the nano-news.info is just one of the many web sites of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the web browser’s constant stream of ads, or reroute the web browser to not expected and intrusive advertising web sites. Moreover, the adware can substitute the legitimate advertising links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit dangerous pages. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web pages, so the creators of adware, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the adware receive income. It’s the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your PC system from the ‘ad supported’ software as well as delete nano-news.info annoying ads from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and IE and other internet browsers.
How does nano-news.info pop-ups get installed onto machine
How to manually remove nano-news.info
This steps will help you remove nano-news.info redirect. These nano-news.info removal steps work for the Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the web browser or reboot your machine. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove nano-news.info redirect
- Get rid of nano-news.info from Firefox
- Remove nano-news.info pop-ups from Chrome
- Get rid of nano-news.info pop-up ads from IE
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the machine cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up your internet browser from pop-up ads, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed applications.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove nano-news.info redirect
Once the adware is started, it can also change the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the web browser, it will be redirected to an annoying advertisements.
To clear the web browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of nano-news.info from Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been replaced by the ‘ad supported’ software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to delete the reroute onto nano-news.info web-site.
First, start the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Next, click the Help button () as shown on the screen below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser address bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation dialog box, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the adware. When it is finished, click the “Finish” button
Remove nano-news.info pop-ups from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default that have been changed by adware.
- Open the Chrome, then click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press the “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, press the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of nano-news.info pop-up ads from IE
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu like below. Next, click the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you run your computer, it will open nano-news.info annoying web page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all tasks that have been created by unwanted software.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time. It will show a dialog box that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ programs, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious programs. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to get rid of nano-news.info redirect with free malware remover
Remove nano-news.info ads manually is difficult and often the ad-supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, web browser hijacker and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- Close all programs and windows on your PC. Open the file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the installation of Malwarebytes. Next, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- When setup is done, press on the “Scan Now” button for checking your PC for the adware which redirects your internet browser to the nano-news.info unwanted site. This process can take some time, so please be patient.
- Once the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected”. When the disinfection is done, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
These steps above are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to block nano-news.info redirect
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying advertisements and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that stops access to dangerous advertisements and web-sites. Moreover, the program can stop the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- Once the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is done, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up ads, nano-news.info redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with nano-news.info ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot get rid of nano-news.info ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2018
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is launched the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, press the “Scan” button . This will start scanning the whole PC to find out ad-supported software which generates nano-news.info ads.
- Once the system scan is finished, AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will display a dialog box, press “OK” button.
The following video explains the guide above on how to delete ad supported software with AdwCleaner.
Now your personal computer should be clean of the nano-news.info pop-ups. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-ups and annoying harmful web pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your machine for new malware and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new harmful applications and ad-supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove nano-news.info advertisements from your computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.