If your antivirus detects Trojan.JS.Small.ci then it indicates that your computer is infected with a previously unknown malicious software. This unwanted software usually come with some freeware or from malicious websites that ask users to download and run a Browser update, Flash Player or Java update. Once started, the Trojan.JS.Small.ci will be configured to start automatically when Windows starts. The unwanted software may display lots of annoying pop up ads, inject ads into webpages that you are opening in the web-browser, hijack the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge settings such as home page, new tab page and search provider, and so on.
If you find that your antivirus detects the Trojan.JS.Small.ci malware, then don’t wait, follow the step-by-step guide below which will help to remove Trojan.JS.Small.ci and any associated malware for free.
How to remove Trojan.JS.Small.ci
The answer is right here on this web-page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will help you easily to clean your machine of the trojan. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web-browser or restart your personal computer.
- Scan your computer with MalwareBytes Anti-malware
- Scan your computer with AdwCleaner
- Scan your computer with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
- Disinfect browser’s shortcuts
- Reset web-browser’s settings
- Protect your computer from annoying ads and malicious sites
Scan your computer with MalwareBytes Anti-malware
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to detect and delete Trojan.JS.Small.ci from your system. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the PC.
Download Malwarebytes Free from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
Once installed, the Malwarebytes will try to update itself and when this task is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a scan of your system. During the scan it will detect all threats present on your machine. In order to remove all threats, simply press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes is a free application that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal tool, we recommend you to read and follow the steps or the video guide below.
Scan your computer with AdwCleaner
If MalwareBytes anti-malware cannot get rid of the Trojan.JS.Small.ci malware, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal utility for browser hijackers, ad supported software, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner tool by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: October 27, 2017
After the download is done, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen as on the image below. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to display the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, press “Scan” . This will begin scanning the whole computer to find out Trojan.JS.Small.ci PC infection and other malware and ad supported software.
When it completes the scan is finished, it will show a list of all items detected by this tool as shown on the image below.
You need to click “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box. Click “OK” to start the cleaning procedure. Once the cleaning process is complete, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your machine. After reboot, the AdwCleaner will open the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video instructions.
Scan your computer with Kaspersky virus removal tool
Kaspersky virus removal tool is a well-known free security tool. It uses the Kaspersky Anti-Virus engine to detect and remove viruses, trojans and malware.
- Download Kaspersky virus removal tool from the following link and save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Kaspersky virus removal tool
Author: Kaspersky® lab
Category: Security tools
Update: November 3, 2015
- Double-click on the KVRT icon found on your desktop. Once initialization process is finished, you will see the Kaspersky virus removal tool screen.
- Click Change Parameters and set a check near all your drives. Click OK to close the Parameters window.
- Press Start scan button. Kaspersky virus removal tool will now start scanning your computer for known infections. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When KVRT has finished scanning, click on Continue to start a cleaning process.
Disinfect browser’s shortcuts
Once the Trojan.JS.Small.ci infection is started, it can also change the internet browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the internet browser, it will show an annoying web site.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, press OK . You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer and MS Edge.
Reset web-browser’s settings
If your Google Chrome browser is redirected to unwanted pages, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser program to its default settings.
- First, run the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your FF browser settings to its original state.
To restore the homepage, new tab and default search engine you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your PC.
First, start the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Protect your computer from annoying ads and malicious sites
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying advertisements and harmful web-sites, you need to run ad blocker program that stops an access to malicious advertisements and web sites. Moreover, the program can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- After downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop popups, annoying ads, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Now your PC should be free of the Trojan.JS.Small.ci . Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-ups and unwanted malicious web sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your PC for new browser hijackers, malware and adware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Trojan.JS.Small.ci startpage from the Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.