If your antivirus detects Misleading: Win32/Vigorf.A then it indicates that your computer is infected with a previously unknown malicious or potentially unwanted program. This unwanted program usually come with some freeware or from malicious websites that ask users to download and run a Flash Player or Java update. Once started, the Misleading: Win32/Vigorf.A will be configured to start automatically when Windows starts. The unwanted software may display a lot of unwanted popups and annoying ads, inject advertisements into web pages that you are opening in the Internet browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or MS Edge, hijack the web browser’s settings such as homepage and search engine, and so on.
We suggest you to get rid of Win32/Vigorf.A and clean your computer as quickly as possible, until the presence of the unwanted software has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the step-by-step instructions below that will allow you to completely remove Win32/Vigorf.A, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
Common symptoms of Misleading: Win32/Vigorf.A
If you still are not sure that your computer is infected with this parasite, then check your computer for the common symptoms of the infection:
- Your browser displays banner ads where previously you have never seen.
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer (Edge) shows a lot of annoying advertisements.
- Web browser’s settings such as homepage and default search engine are hijacked
- Your an antivirus or antispyware software detects an infection.
- Internet connection may be slow.
How to remove Misleading: Win32/Vigorf.A
In the step-by-step instructions below we will have a look at the malicious software and how to delete Win32/Vigorf.A from your personal computer with Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal utilities and applications.
- Scan your computer with MalwareBytes Anti-malware
- Scan your computer with AdwCleaner
- Scan your computer with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
- Disinfect browser’s shortcuts
- Reset web-browser’s settings
- Protect your computer from annoying ads and malicious sites
Scan your computer with MalwareBytes Anti-malware
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer. The free tool is an advanced malware removal program developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti malware technology. It’s able to help you get rid of browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software, malware, adware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your system for free.
Download Malwarebytes Free on your machine from the link below. Save it on your desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
Once the downloading process is done, close all windows on your machine. Further, open the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” which will assist you install Malwarebytes on the PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, click Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically start and you can see its main window as on the image below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button to start checking your PC for Win32/Vigorf.A and other unwanted software. When a threat is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished. Please be patient.
As the scanning ends, you can check all threats detected on your machine. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will start removing Win32/Vigorf.A and other security threats. Once disinfection is done, you may be prompted to reboot your computer. I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the Malwarebytes to delete browser hijacker, adware and other dangerous applications.
Scan your computer with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free portable program that scans your system for adware, PUPs such as Win32/Vigorf.A and helps get rid of them easily. Moreover, it will also help you delete any malicious web browser extensions and add-ons.
- Download AdwCleaner from the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 4, 2019
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then press Save.
- When the download is finished, launch the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” . This will start scanning the whole PC to find out Win32/Vigorf.A unwanted software.
- Once the scan is done, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to reboot your personal computer, press “OK”.
The instructions shown in detail in the following video.
Scan your computer with Kaspersky virus removal tool
Kaspersky virus removal tool is a well-known free security tool. It uses the Kaspersky Anti-Virus engine to detect and remove viruses, trojans and malware.
- Download Kaspersky virus removal tool from the following link and save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Kaspersky virus removal tool
Author: Kaspersky® lab
Category: Security tools
Update: March 5, 2018
- Double-click on the KVRT icon found on your desktop. Once initialization process is finished, you will see the Kaspersky virus removal tool screen.
- Click Change Parameters and set a check near all your drives. Click OK to close the Parameters window.
- Press Start scan button. Kaspersky virus removal tool will now start scanning your computer for known infections. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When KVRT has finished scanning, click on Continue to start a cleaning process.
Disinfect browser’s shortcuts
Once the unwanted software is started, it can also modify the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will show an unwanted web-page.
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to open your internet browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for any web-browser that has been infected by Win32/Vigorf.A.
Further, necessary to look at the text that is written in the “Target” field. The hijacker can change the contents of this field, which describes the file to be start when you run your web browser. Depending on the web-browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://site.addres” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as on the image below.
Next, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you start the web browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically reroute on any unwanted, misleading or any other annoying pages. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Reset web-browser’s settings
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown in the figure below and click the “Reset settings” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown on the screen below
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Win32/Vigorf.A unwanted software. When, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
To restore the home page, newtab page and search provider by default you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your computer.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the screen below.
Once the procedure is finished, press “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s startpage, new tab page and default search engine to default state.
Protect your computer from annoying ads and malicious sites
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new annoying ads and dangerous web-pages, you need to use adblocker application that stops an access to malicious ads and web-pages. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop popups, unwanted ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Now your personal computer should be free of the Misleading: Win32/Vigorf.A. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up ads and annoying harmful web pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your system for new browser hijackers, malware and ‘ad supported’ software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Win32/Vigorf.A homepage from the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.