If you find that your internet browser has become show the annoying newsfor24.net pop-up ads then it’s a sign that your PC system is infected with dangerous software from the adware family. The adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) is a form of unwanted software that can display a huge number of advertisements without a user’s permission. Moreover, it can redirect the web-browser on dangerous and misleading pages. Also, if you seeing that the Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer tries to load an unknown web page, when you try to open a long-known web page, then you do not need to wait! Press the stop button in web-browser’s address bar. Use the steps below and clean your system from ad supported software as quickly as possible. It’ll assist you to get rid of the reroute to newsfor24.net and any unwanted pop-up ads.
Most often, the ad supported software affects the most common web browsers such as the Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge. But such the malicious software as well may infect another web browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a browser’s shortcut). So every time you open the web-browser, it’ll redirect to the annoying newsfor24.net web-site. Even if you setup a new start page, an unwanted web-site will be the first thing you see when you open the Chrome, FF, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge.
While your personal computer is infected with the adware, the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and MS Edge may be redirected to newsfor24.net annoying site. Of course, the ‘ad supported’ software may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may show lots of unwanted ads. These ads will be injected within the content of web-pages that are you opening in your browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The advertisements will appear on all web-sites, including pages where previously you have never seen any advertisements. In this case, when you open any web site, you may see in your web browser’s status bar the following messages: ‘Waiting for newsfor24.net’, ‘Transferring data from newsfor24.net’, ‘Looking up newsfor24.net’, ‘Read newsfor24.net’, ‘Connected to newsfor24.net’.
Therefore it’s very important to follow the few simple steps below as quickly as possible. The guide will assist you to delete adware as well as clean your PC from the newsfor24.net redirect. What is more, the instructions below will help you delete other malicious software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the machine along with the adware.
How did newsfor24.net pop-up ads get on your computer
How to manually remove newsfor24.net redirect
If you perform exactly the step-by-step guide below you should be able to get rid of the newsfor24.net pop-ups. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or restart your PC system.
- Remove suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
- Delete newsfor24.net from Chrome
- Delete newsfor24.net advertisements from Firefox
- Remove newsfor24.net from IE
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete newsfor24.net redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown applications by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you begin the system cleaning process by checking the list of installed applications and remove all unknown or suspicious software. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious applications such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free programs. Remove the unwanted applications may get rid of the annoying ads or browser redirect to unknown or annoying web sites.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It’ll show a list of all software. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date of installation in the Control panel.
Delete newsfor24.net from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the malware and ad supported software, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been modified by ad-supported software.
- Now start the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next, click the “Reset” button.
- When this procedure is complete, your web browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your home page, newtab page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete newsfor24.net advertisements from Firefox
First, start the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, press “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove newsfor24.net from IE
First, start the IE, then press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu as on the image below. Next, press the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete newsfor24.net redirect
Once the adware is started, it can also alter the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you open the web-browser, it will be redirected to an annoying advertisements.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which begins with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ‘ad supported’ software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your machine, it will open newsfor24.net unwanted site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by malicious software.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time. It will display a prompt which titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the ‘ad-supported’ program, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by unwanted applications. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to get rid of newsfor24.net with free malware removal program
Manual removal newsfor24.net pop-up ads requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad-supported software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free applications will help you to remove malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your machine may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: September 28, 2017
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is complete, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your PC for the ad-supported software which redirects your internet browser to the newsfor24.net unwanted web site. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the system scan is finished, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your PC system. Once the process is complete, you may be prompted to restart your personal computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop newsfor24.net redirect
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying advertisements and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that stops access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the program can block the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- Once the download is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is complete, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block ads, newsfor24.net redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with newsfor24.net advertisements is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove newsfor24.net ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: September 29, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is opened the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your computer for the adware which generates newsfor24.net ads.
- Once the system scan is finished, AdwCleaner will show a scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the instructions above on how to get rid of ad-supported software with AdwCleaner.
After completing the steps outlined above, your computer should be clean from malware and adware. The Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge will no longer show newsfor24.net unwanted ads or redirect you to unwanted web-sites. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.