If the web-browser keep redirecting to the Search.moviegoat.com, every time when you run your internet browser, then it could mean your machine is infected with malicious software from the browser hijacker family. Once started, it’ll alter the Google Chrome, FF, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings such as start page and search provider by default. So, while your PC system is infected, you will see this unwanted site instead of your startpage. We strongly recommend you to clean your PC system and delete Search.moviegoat.com search as quickly as possible , you need to follow the steps below. The removal guide will help you delete browser hijacker and protect your computer from more dangerous software and trojans.
The Search.moviegoat.com browser hijacker can modify settings of the Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge, but often that unwanted software such as this can also infect all types of web-browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user to see Search.moviegoat.com unwanted web-page every time start the web browser.
As mentioned above, the Search.moviegoat.com browser hijacker also alters the browser’s search engine. So, your web browser, when searching something, will open a hodgepodge of ads, links to unwanted and add web-sites and search results of a big search engines such as Google or Bing. As a result, actual use of a web browser’s search becomes uncomfortable. Moreover, it may also lead to slowing or even freeze your web-browser.
Although, Search.moviegoat.com browser hijacker is not a virus, but it does bad things, and it alters the settings of your internet browser. Moreover, an adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) can be additionally installed on to your personal computer with this hijacker, which will open a large number of advertisements, hindering or completely blocking the work in the browser. Often such these advertisements may recommend to install other unknown and unwanted software or visit malicious web-pages.
We suggest you to remove Search.moviegoat.com redirect and clean your PC as quickly as possible, until the presence of the browser hijacker has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the guide below that will assist you to completely delete Search.moviegoat.com , using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
Tips to prevent Search.moviegoat.com and other unwanted software
Most commonly, the Search.moviegoat.com browser hijacker is bundled within the installation packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a freeware is a a good chance that you will find some bundled web browser hijacker. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the installation, choose the Custom or Advanced installation option. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install an unknown program. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted program on your PC such as this browser hijacker.
How to manually remove Search.moviegoat.com
If you perform exactly the step-by-step guide below you should be able to delete the Search.moviegoat.com . Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your PC.
- Uninstall Search.moviegoat.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Search.moviegoat.com search
- Delete Search.moviegoat.com homepage from Firefox
- Remove Search.moviegoat.com search from Chrome
- Remove Search.moviegoat.com redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Uninstall Search.moviegoat.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as shown on the image below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all applications installed on your personal computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Search.moviegoat.com search
When the browser hijacker infection is started, it can also alter the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://search.moviegoat.com” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the internet browser, it will open an unwanted web site.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text such as “http://search.moviegoat.com” which has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Delete Search.moviegoat.com homepage from Firefox
First, start the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Search.moviegoat.com search from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the homepage, new tab and default search engine that have been replaced by the Search.moviegoat.com browser hijacker.
First open the Google Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the main menu. Further, click the option named “Settings”. Another way to show the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter.
The browser will open the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown on the screen below and press the “Reset settings” button.
The Google Chrome will show the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The web browser will start the process of cleaning. Once it is done, the internet browser’s settings including startpage, new tab page and default search engine back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your machine.
Remove Search.moviegoat.com redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
To restore the startpage, new tab page and default search engine you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your PC system.
First, open the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as on the image below.
Once the process is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s homepage and search engine by default to default state.
How to delete Search.moviegoat.com automatically
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to detect Search.moviegoat.com redirect and remove it, from the download link below. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the PC system.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
Once installed, the Malwarebytes will try to update itself and when this process is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a scan of your PC system. During the scan it will detect all threats present on your PC. In order to get rid of all threats, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the instructions or the video guide below.
How to stop Search.moviegoat.com homepage
To increase your security and protect your PC against new unwanted ads and harmful web-sites, you need to use program that blocks access to harmful advertisements and web-sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop-up ads, web-sites such Search.moviegoat.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Search.moviegoat.com homepage is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal utility for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 19, 2017
- Double press the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is opened, click “Scan” button to begin checking your computer for the Search.moviegoat.com hijacker.
- When it has finished scanning your computer, the AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Once you have complete the instructions above, your computer should be clean from malware and browser hijackers. The Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge will no longer show Search.moviegoat.com unwanted start page on startup. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- When it has finished scanning your system, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Search.moviegoat.com startpage.