Are you seeing Shoppers Tab pop-ups or ads in the Chrome, FF, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer every time you use the internet browser to surf the Internet? This means that your machine is infected with an adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) which looks the entire traffic generated by you and on this basis, it shows a huge number of unwanted ads. Currently, this adware are widely spread, due to the fact that most people are trying to find free applications, download and install them on the computer without proper attention to the fact that the adware can penetrate into the personal computer along with them.
The malicious software from the ‘ad supported’ software family that alters the settings of browsers usually affects only the FF, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software may change the Target property of a web-browser’s shortcut, so every time you start the web-browser, instead of your home page, you will see the annoying Shoppers Tab advertisements.
Therefore it is very important to follow the instructions below as quickly as possible. The instructions will assist you to remove ‘ad supported’ software as well as clean your computer from the Shoppers Tab ads. What is more, the instructions below will help you get rid of other harmful software like unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the personal computer along with the ‘ad supported’ software.
How did Shoppers Tab get on your machine
How to manually remove Shoppers Tab
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will allow you manually get rid of Shoppers Tab ads from the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer.
- Remove suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove Shoppers Tab pop-ups from Firefox
- Remove Shoppers Tab ads from Chrome
- Get rid of Shoppers Tab pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It’ll display a list of all software. Scroll through the all list and uninstall any suspicious and unknown software.
Remove Shoppers Tab pop-ups from Firefox
First, launch the FF. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, press “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Shoppers Tab ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Google Chrome, then click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click the “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, click the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Shoppers Tab pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click button. Next, press “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like startpage, new tab page and default search engine to default state, disable ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and thereby remove the redirect to Shoppers Tab unwanted site.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts
When the ad supported software is started, it can also change the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will be rerouted to an annoying ads.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your system, it will open an unwanted ‘ad’ site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will open a prompt which titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the malicious software, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ application. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove Shoppers Tab adware with free malware remover
Get rid of Shoppers Tab advertisements manually is difficult and often the ad-supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, web browser hijacker and toolbars that your machine may be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- Close all applications and windows on your computer. Open the directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the installation of Malwarebytes. Next, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- When installation is finished, press on the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware that redirects your browser to the Shoppers Tab annoying web-site. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- Once the scan is done, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected”. When the disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
These steps above are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Stop Shoppers Tab ads and other annoying pages
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted advertisements and malicious web-sites, you need to use application that blocks access to malicious ads and sites. Moreover, the program can stop the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
When downloading is finished, launch the file named adguardInstaller. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is done, you will see a window as shown below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block pop-up ads, Ads by ShoppersTab, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with Shoppers Tab pop-up ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove Shoppers Tab ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 21, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the utility is started the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole computer to find out adware which generates Shoppers Tab ads.
- Once the scan is finished, AdwCleaner will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the steps above on how to delete ad-supported software with AdwCleaner.
Once you have finished the few simple steps shown above, your PC system should be clean from malware and adware. The Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge will no longer open Shoppers Tab unwanted ads and redirect you to unknown web sites. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ‘ad supported’ software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- When it has finished scanning, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Shoppers Tab advertisements.