The driverupdaterplus.com pop-up ads appeared on your computer without any notice? After that, you’re faced with the fact that your internet browser is now redirected to other unwanted web sites and filled with a variety of popup ads and banners. The cause of all your problems with your computer is ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) that has been installed on many PCs around the world without users permission, so you’re one of many. Most probably, you do not even know how and where this ‘ad supported’ software has got into your machine. In the step-by-step guide below, we will explain all the general features of ad supported software and its typical behavior on the machine, as well as effective methods for manually removing it from your PC system.
The ad supported software can change the settings of the Chrome, FF, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer, but often that a malicious software such as this can also infect all types of internet browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time run the internet browser to see driverupdaterplus.com unwanted advertisements.
Therefore it’s very important to follow the step-by-step instructions below as quickly as possible. The instructions will assist you to delete adware as well as clean your PC from the driverupdaterplus.com redirect. What is more, the steps below will help you remove other harmful software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the computer along with the adware.
How can you protect your computer from driverupdaterplus.com pop-up ads
How to manually remove driverupdaterplus.com pop-ups
The simple answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It’ll allow you easily to clean your computer of ad-supported software. Moreover, you can select manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the system then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware tool designed specifically to delete ad supported software which causes unwanted driverupdaterplus.com redirect. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or reboot your PC.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Get rid of driverupdaterplus.com ads from Mozilla Firefox
- Delete driverupdaterplus.com from Chrome
- Remove driverupdaterplus.com redirect from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove driverupdaterplus.com redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the PC system cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious applications. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded software can clean up your web-browser from advertisements, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed applications.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Get rid of driverupdaterplus.com ads from Mozilla Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox settings have been replaced by the ad supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to delete the redirect onto driverupdaterplus.com web-page.
First, start the FF and press button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Next, press the Help button () as shown on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser address bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the ad-supported software. Once it is finished, click the “Finish” button
Delete driverupdaterplus.com from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and ad-supported software, as well as to restore the web-browser’s settings that have been modified by adware.
- Now run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next, click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage and search engine by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove driverupdaterplus.com redirect from Internet Explorer
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings such as homepage and search engine by default to default state, disable ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and thereby remove the reroute to driverupdaterplus.com unwanted web page.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove driverupdaterplus.com redirect
When the adware is started, it can also modify the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will be rerouted to an annoying advertisements.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying driverupdaterplus.com page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all the tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This shows a prompt that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your personal computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the malicious program, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to get rid of, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to get rid of driverupdaterplus.com with free malware removal program
Manual removal driverupdaterplus.com requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ‘ad supported’ software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free software will help you to get rid of malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your machine may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- At the download page, press the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to start checking your machine for the ad supported software which redirects your internet browser to the driverupdaterplus.com annoying site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the checking is complete, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your computer. When the procedure is done, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block driverupdaterplus.com pop-up ads and other unwanted sites
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new unwanted advertisements and malicious pages, you need to use program that stops access to dangerous advertisements and web-sites. Moreover, the program can stop the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
Once the downloading process is finished, start the file named adguardInstaller. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. Once the setup is complete, you will see a window like below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up ads, pages like driverupdaterplus.com, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with driverupdaterplus.com is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove driverupdaterplus.com redirect, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 20, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is started the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button for checking your personal computer for the ad-supported software which generates driverupdaterplus.com ads.
- Once the scan is finished, AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the step-by-step guide above on how to delete ad supported software with AdwCleaner.
Now your computer should be clean of the driverupdaterplus.com advertisements. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted advertisements and annoying malicious web pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your system for new malware and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new harmful programs and ad supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of driverupdaterplus.com from your computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.