If you’re reading this blog post, it means that you are seeing the newscruise.net unknown web-page and your web-browser began opening a huge number of pop-up ads. All of these problems with your machine caused by ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware), which is often installs on the PC system with the free software. You probably want to know how to remove this ad-supported software as well as delete newscruise.net pop-up ads. In the guide below we will tell you about how to solve your problems.
The malicious software from the adware family that modifies the settings of browsers usually affects only the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a web browser’s shortcut, so every time you run the web browser, instead of your home page, you will see the unwanted newscruise.net ads.
What is more, the ‘ad-supported’ software may display advertisements depend on a page that you are visiting. That is, it is clear that this adware, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
Therefore it’s very important to follow the instructions below as quickly as possible. The steps will assist you to delete adware as well as clean your personal computer from the newscruise.net advertisements. What is more, the few simple steps below will help you remove other malicious software like unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the personal computer along with the adware.
How does newscruise.net ads get installed onto personal computer
How to manually remove newscruise.net redirect
This step-by-step guide will help you get rid of newscruise.net . These newscruise.net removal steps work for the Chrome, IE, FF and Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the web browser or reboot your machine. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove newscruise.net redirect
- Remove newscruise.net pop-up ads from Chrome
- Remove newscruise.net from FF
- Get rid of newscruise.net from IE
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the computer cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded applications can clean up your internet browser from pop-ups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It’ll open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed applications.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove newscruise.net redirect
Once the adware is started, it can also modify the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you open the web-browser, it will be rerouted to an unwanted ads.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove newscruise.net pop-up ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s startpage, new tab page and default search engine that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Google Chrome, then press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click the “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, press the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove newscruise.net from FF
If the FF settings have been replaced by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to get rid of the reroute onto newscruise.net web-page.
First, launch the Firefox and press button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Next, press the Help button () as shown below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser address bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the ‘ad-supported’ software. When it’s done, click the “Finish” button
Get rid of newscruise.net from IE
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu as shown below. Next, click the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press on “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you run your machine, it will display newscruise.net annoying web-site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will show a prompt which titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, like below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ applications, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the following image.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicios program. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove newscruise.net with free malware removal program
Manual removal newscruise.net redirect requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ‘ad-supported’ software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free programs will help you to remove malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop using the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has done installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for checking your computer for the adware which redirects your browser to the newscruise.net annoying site. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When it has finished scanning, it will show a screen which contains a list of malicious applications that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your computer. Once the task is complete, you may be prompted to restart your system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block newscruise.net pop-ups
To increase your security and protect your system against new unwanted ads and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and pages. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and block popup ads, newscruise.net redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove newscruise.net and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes cannot remove the annoying newscruise.net redirect from the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 24, 2017
After the download is done, open the file location. Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is launched, you will see a screen such as below.
Now, click the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the malicious extensions and adware which displays ads from newscruise.net page. Once the scan is finished, it will show a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt. Click “OK”. Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer.
Look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the AdwCleaner to delete ad-supported software, browser hijackers and other malicious software.
Now your PC should be free of the newscruise.net . Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted advertisements and annoying malicious web sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your computer for new malware and adware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove newscruise.net ads from your personal computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.