Are you seeing Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager advertisements in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer every time you use the web browser to surf the Web? This means that your computer is infected with an adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) which looks the entire traffic generated by you and on this basis, it displays a large amount of annoying pop-up ads. Currently, this ‘ad-supported’ software are widely spread, due to the fact that most people are trying to find free applications, download and install them on the PC without proper attention to the fact that the adware can penetrate into the machine along with them.
The ad supported software usually affects only the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge by changing the internet browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software will perform a scan of the PC for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you open the web browser, you will see an annoying Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager page.
Technically, the adware is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a large amount of ads, hindering or completely blocking the work in the web browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit dangerous sites. Moreover, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your personal computer with the ad supported software. Once installed, it will rewrite your start page with an unwanted web site.
Therefore it’s very important to follow the few simple steps below ASAP. The few simple steps will assist you to delete adware as well as clean your computer from the Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager ads. What is more, the guide below will help you get rid of other dangerous software like unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the computer along with the ad-supported software.
How does Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager ads get installed onto computer
How to manually remove Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager advertisements
The simple answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will allow you easily to clean your system of adware. Moreover, you can choose manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the PC system then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware tool designed specifically to remove adware that causes annoying Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager ads. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your browser or reboot your PC system.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager redirect
- Remove Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager from Firefox
- Remove Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager pop-ups from Chrome
- Remove Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the system cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded software can clean up your browser from pop-up ads, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It’ll display the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager redirect
Once the ad supported software is started, it can also alter the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the web-browser, it will be redirected to an annoying ads.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which starts with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager from Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been modified by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to delete the redirect onto Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager page.
First, launch the Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Next, click the Help button () as shown in the figure below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser address bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. When it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager pop-ups from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the malware and adware, as well as to restore the web-browser’s settings that have been modified by ‘ad-supported’ software.
- Now start the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next, press the “Reset” button.
- When this procedure is done, your web browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your start page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
To remove the Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager ads you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your computer.
First, run the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and press the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt as shown in the following image. Next, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, click the “Reset” button.
When the procedure is complete, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ‘ad-supported’ software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you open your system, it will show Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager annoying web-site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will show a prompt that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, like below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious software. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager with free malware removal program
Manual removal Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager advertisements requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ‘ad-supported’ software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free applications will help you to get rid of malware, web browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, press the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole system to find out ‘ad-supported’ software that redirects your browser to the Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager unwanted page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When it has finished scanning your computer, it will show a screen which contains a list of malicious applications that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your PC system. When the process is finished, you may be prompted to restart your PC.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager pop-ups and other annoying web-sites
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted advertisements and malicious web-pages, you need to use program that blocks access to dangerous ads and web pages. Moreover, the application can block the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
When the download is done, run the file named adguardInstaller. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. Once the setup is complete, you will see a window as on the image below.
You can press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and block pop-ups, pages like Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Scan your machine and remove Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager ads with AdwCleaner.
This removal program is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove ad-supported software, browser hijackers, malware and unwanted toolbars in Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge web-browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (homepage and search engine by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and get rid of malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC system.
Download AdwCleaner utility using the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: October 27, 2017
Once downloading is done, open the file location and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen like below. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to display the application, click Yes button to continue.
Now, click the “Scan” to start checking your PC system for the adware which cause a redirect to Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager advertisements.
Once the system scan is finished, it will display a list of all items detected by this tool as shown in the following image.
You need to press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, press “OK” to start the cleaning process. When the clean up is complete, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your machine. After restart, the AdwCleaner will display the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
After completing the step-by-step guide above, your PC should be clean from malware and adware. The Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer will no longer show Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager unwanted pop-up ads and redirect you to unknown sites. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ‘ad-supported’ software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the scanning is done, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Ads by SoftPlanet Update Manager advertisements.