The Search.searcheasyma.com is a web-page, already at the first sight of which there are various doubts. Its own kind and description claims to be a legitimate Internet search engine. But in reality, its appearance in your web-browser means that your system is infected with browser hijacker. This type of harmful software does not delete files or infect them, but like a virus can change PC system settings such as the homepage and search engine by default. So, this web-page is not created in order to show relevant search results. It is designed to redirect users on various ads and often harmful and misleading web pages. All the time, while this web site will be set as your home page and search engine, its authors will be able to collect lots of information about you, everything related to what are you doing on the Web. Thus, it’s clear that the presence of browser hijacker on your system is not desirable, and you need to clean up your system as soon as possible in order to delete Search.searcheasyma.com start page.
The Search.searcheasyma.com hijacker usually affects only the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The browser hijacker infection will perform a scan of the personal computer for browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you open the web browser, you will see the Search.searcheasyma.com annoying web site.
The browser hijacker infection, which set the Search.searcheasyma.com as your home page can also set this unwanted web-site as your search engine. You will encounter the fact that the search in the web-browser has become uncomfortable to use, because the search results will consist of lots of advertisements, links to ad and unwanted sites and a small amount of regular links, which are obtained from a search in the major search engines. Therefore, look for something using Search.searcheasyma.com site would be a waste of time or worse, it can lead to even more infected personal computer.
Often, the personal computer which has been infected with Search.searcheasyma.com browser hijacker, will be also infected with adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) that displays lots of various ads. It may be pop-ups, text links in the web sites, banners where they never had. What is more, the ad-supported software may replace the legitimate advertisements with malicious advertisements that will offer to download and install malware and unwanted software or visit the various dangerous and misleading sites.
We recommend you to clean your system ASAP. Use the step-by-step guide below which will allow to get rid of Search.searcheasyma.com startpage and ‘ad-supported’ program, that can be installed onto your system along with it.
How can you prevent your system from the attack of Search.searcheasyma.com browser hijacker
How to manually remove Search.searcheasyma.com
Without a doubt, the browser hijacker infection is harmful to your personal computer. So you need to quickly and completely get rid of this malicious software. To remove this hijacker, you can use the manual removal which are given below or malware removal tool such as Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner (both are free). I note that we recommend that you use automatic removal that will allow you to get rid of Search.searcheasyma.com homepage easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in computer or in the case where browser hijacker is not removed automatically.
- Delete Search.searcheasyma.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Search.searcheasyma.com
- Remove Search.searcheasyma.com startpage from Google Chrome
- Remove Search.searcheasyma.com search from Firefox
- Get rid of Search.searcheasyma.com homepage from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Delete Search.searcheasyma.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel as shown in the figure below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all software installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Search.searcheasyma.com
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut that you use to run your browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the web-browser which is redirected to the Search.searcheasyma.com or other annoying page.
Further, necessary to look at the text that is written in the “Target” field. The browser hijacker can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be start when you open your web-browser. Depending on the browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://search.searcheasyma.com/” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the screen below.
Next, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you launch the web-browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the Search.searcheasyma.com web site or any other annoying sites. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove Search.searcheasyma.com startpage from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the browser hijacker, harmful and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default that have been replaced by browser hijacker.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Search.searcheasyma.com search from Firefox
If the FF settings like startpage, new tab page and default search engine have been changed by the browser hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, start the Firefox and press button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () like below
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation dialog box. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Search.searcheasyma.com hijacker. Once, it is finished, press the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Search.searcheasyma.com homepage from Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Remove Search.searcheasyma.com with Malwarebytes
Delete Search.searcheasyma.com manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malware, ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) and toolbars that your personal computer may be infected too.
Download Malwarebytes from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
Once downloaded, close all applications and windows on your system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mbam-setup as on the image below.
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Malwarebytes on your computer.
Once installation is finished, you will see window as shown on the image below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to start checking your computer for the browser hijacker infection that cause a redirect to Search.searcheasyma.com. This process can take some time, so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will begin removing Search.searcheasyma.com browser hijacker infection related files, folders, registry keys. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your machine.
The following video explains guide on how to get rid of browser hijacker with Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
How to block Search.searcheasyma.com redirect
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying ads and malicious sites, you need to use program that blocks access to dangerous ads and sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- Once the downloading process is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block ads, pages such Search.searcheasyma.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Search.searcheasyma.com startpage is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot delete this browser hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: March 4, 2017
- Double press the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is started, click “Scan” button for scanning your PC for the Search.searcheasyma.com hijacker infection.
- When it has finished scanning your system, the AdwCleaner will show a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, press “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
After completing the instructions outlined above, your system should be clean from malware and browser hijackers. The Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and MS Edge will no longer open Search.searcheasyma.com annoying homepage on startup. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When it has finished scanning your PC, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Search.searcheasyma.com homepage.