If the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge redirects to ads.stickyadstv.com web-site then most probably that an adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) is installed on your machine. This adware changes the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge settings to display a ton of annoying advertisements on all web-sites, including sites where previously you ads have never seen. These advertisements can be varied: pop-up windows, boxes, in-text ads, different sized banners and so on. What is more, the ad-supported software, that shows the ads.stickyadstv.com pop-ups, can cause your Internet connection to be slow or freeze your web browser so that the interface is not updated anymore.
The adware usually affects only the Google Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer and MS Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a dangerous extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the PC for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you open the web-browser, you will see an annoying ads.stickyadstv.com web page.
The ‘ad-supported’ software may insert a lot of ads directly to the web-sites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertisements has been added by the creators of the web site. Moreover, a legal advertising banners may be replaced on the fake advertisements, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the ad-supported software has the ability to collect a large number of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Net, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
Therefore it’s very important to follow the few simple steps below as soon as possible. The guide will assist you to get rid of adware as well as clean your computer from the ads.stickyadstv.com ads. What is more, the step-by-step instructions below will help you delete other malicious software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the PC system along with the ad supported software.
How does ads.stickyadstv.com ads get installed onto computer
How to manually remove ads.stickyadstv.com redirect
This useful removal guide for the ads.stickyadstv.com pop-up ads. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to delete ads.stickyadstv.com advertisements let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove ads.stickyadstv.com redirect
- Remove ads.stickyadstv.com pop-up ads from Firefox
- Remove ads.stickyadstv.com from Chrome
- Get rid of ads.stickyadstv.com pop-ups from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It’ll open the Windows Control Panel as shown in the following image.
Next, click “Uninstall a program” It will display a list of all applications. Scroll through the all list and remove any suspicious and unknown software.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove ads.stickyadstv.com redirect
Once installed, the ad supported software may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and MS Edge. Due to this, every time you open the browser, it will show the ads.stickyadstv.com unwanted web-page.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which starts with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
Next, click OK to save changes. You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge.
Remove ads.stickyadstv.com pop-up ads from Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the ad supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto ads.stickyadstv.com page.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Next, press the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser address bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the following image. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. When it is complete, press the “Finish” button
Remove ads.stickyadstv.com from Chrome
Like other modern internet browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby get rid of the redirect to ads.stickyadstv.com unwanted advertisements which is caused by the adware.
At first, start the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to show the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter.
The web-browser will display the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown on the image below and press the “Reset settings” button.
The Chrome will show the confirmation prompt. You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The application will start the process of cleaning. When it is complete, the web browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC system.
Get rid of ads.stickyadstv.com pop-ups from Internet Explorer
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like startpage, new tab page and default search engine to default state, disable ad-supported web browser’s extensions and thereby remove the redirect to ads.stickyadstv.com annoying web-site.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying ads.stickyadstv.com web site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all the tasks that have been created by malicios application.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This displays a prompt that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ application, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete like below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove ads.stickyadstv.com with free malware removal program
Manual removal ads.stickyadstv.com requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free programs will help you to remove malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
- At the download page, press the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has complete installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button for scanning your personal computer for the adware that redirects your browser to the ads.stickyadstv.com annoying web page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the system scan is complete, it will open a screen that contains a list of malicious applications that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your PC system. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block ads.stickyadstv.com advertisements
To increase your security and protect your PC against new unwanted ads and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web sites. Moreover, the application can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- When downloading is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block advertisements, ads.stickyadstv.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove ads.stickyadstv.com and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes cannot delete the annoying ads.stickyadstv.com pop-up ads from the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 29, 2017
After the download is finished, open the file location. Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is started, you will see a screen such as below.
Now, click the “Scan” button to start checking your personal computer for the malicious extensions and adware which shows advertisements from ads.stickyadstv.com web-site. When it has finished scanning, it will show a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt. Click “OK”. When the clean up is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer.
Look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the AdwCleaner to get rid of ‘ad-supported’ software, browser hijackers and other dangerous software.
Once you have complete the step-by-step guide outlined above, your computer should be clean from malware and ad-supported software. The Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and MS Edge will no longer display ads.stickyadstv.com annoying ads and redirect you to unknown web-sites. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ad-supported software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis using the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When it has finished scanning your system, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying ads.stickyadstv.com redirect.