If you turn on your computer and your web browser is launched automatically, after that immediately show the annoying goodgame2017.com page or your web browser began to display a huge number of popup ads, then most probably your machine has become a victim of ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) that usually gets installed as a part of some free software. Do not be surprised, it happens, especially if you are an active Net user. But this does not mean that you should reconcile with these unwanted redirects and pop-ups. You need to follow the guide below to clean your PC system ASAP, as the adware can be a way to infect your machine with more dangerous malicious applications such as viruses and trojans. The few simple steps which follow, I’ll show you how to remove ad-supported software and thereby remove goodgame2017.com unwanted advertisements from your system forever.
The adware usually affects only the Google Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer and Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The ad-supported software will perform a scan of the system for browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you open the web-browser, you will see an unwanted goodgame2017.com web-site.
While your personal computer is infected with the adware, the Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge may be redirected to goodgame2017.com unwanted web-page. Of course, the ‘ad-supported’ software may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may open a large amount of annoying ads. These ads will be injected within the content of web pages that are you opening in your internet browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The ads will appear on all web pages, including web sites where previously you have never seen any ads.
Therefore it’s very important to follow the step-by-step guide below ASAP. The instructions will assist you to delete adware as well as clean your computer from the goodgame2017.com . What is more, the guide below will help you remove other malicious software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the PC along with the adware.
How does goodgame2017.com ads get installed onto personal computer
How to manually remove goodgame2017.com pop-ups
This step-by-step instructions will help you remove goodgame2017.com advertisements. These goodgame2017.com removal steps work for the FF, Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the web-browser or reboot your PC system. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove goodgame2017.com redirect
- Remove goodgame2017.com pop-ups from FF
- Delete goodgame2017.com ads from Chrome
- Delete goodgame2017.com ads from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the application that causes the appearance of unwanted ads and web browser redirect to unwanted web-pages, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove goodgame2017.com redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to launch your browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the web browser which is redirected to the goodgame2017.com or other unwanted web-page.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The adware can modify the contents of this field, which describes the file to be launch when you start your browser. Depending on the browser you are using, there should be: Google Chrome: chrome.exe, Opera: opera.exe, Firefox: firefox.exe, Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe. If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://site.address” which has been added here, then you should delete it, like below.
Next, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you run the web-browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically reroute on the goodgame2017.com page or any other unwanted web sites that is advertised by the ad supported software. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove goodgame2017.com pop-ups from FF
If the Firefox settings have been modified by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to get rid of the redirect onto goodgame2017.com page.
First, start the Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Next, press the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser address bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. When it’s done, click the “Finish” button
Delete goodgame2017.com ads from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default that have been replaced by ad-supported software.
- Open the Google Chrome, then click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click the “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, click the “Reset settings” button, which located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete goodgame2017.com ads from Internet Explorer
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu as shown on the image below. Next, press the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press on “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the unwanted goodgame2017.com web site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all the tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ program.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This shows a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the malicios application, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete like below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to delete goodgame2017.com with free malware removal program
Manual removal goodgame2017.com redirect requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free applications will help you to get rid of malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: May 12, 2017
- At the download page, press the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is done, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole system to find out ad supported software that redirects your browser to the goodgame2017.com annoying web-site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the scan is finished, it will show a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your system. When the procedure is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop goodgame2017.com ads
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted ads and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious advertisements and web pages. Moreover, the application can block the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- After downloading is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is done, press “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, goodgame2017.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
Delete goodgame2017.com advertisements and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes cannot get rid of the unwanted goodgame2017.com ads from the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: May 20, 2017
Once the downloading process is complete, open the file location. Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen such as below.
Now, click the “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole personal computer to find out malicious extensions and ad supported software which opens advertisements from goodgame2017.com page. When the system scan is finished, it will display a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”. Once the cleaning procedure is done, AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your personal computer.
Look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the AdwCleaner to remove ad-supported software, browser hijackers and other dangerous software.
Now your PC system should be free of the goodgame2017.com redirect. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted ads and annoying dangerous web-pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your PC for new malware and ‘ad-supported’ software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete goodgame2017.com ads from your personal computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.