The shglegle.com is a web site which is loaded into your web browser with the help of adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software). The adware may modify the settings of browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge or install a dangerous browser extension, which created to generate a large amount of annoying pop-up ads. It will lead to the fact that when you open the internet browser or surfing the Web, it’ll always be forced to show shglegle.com pop-up ads, even when your internet browser is configured to block pop-up ads or your PC system has a program that blocks pop-up ads. On current date, the ‘ad-supported’ software continues to increase the number of PCs that have been infected.
The ‘ad-supported’ software can change the settings of the Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but often that a malicious software like this can also infect all types of internet browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time run the browser to see shglegle.com annoying ads.
Technically, the adware is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a large amount of advertisements, hindering or completely blocking the work in the browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit dangerous sites. Moreover, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your PC with the adware. Once installed, it will modify your start page with an unwanted web-site.
Therefore it is very important to follow the step-by-step instructions below as quickly as possible. The step-by-step guide will assist you to remove ‘ad-supported’ software as well as clean your computer from the shglegle.com pop-up ads. What is more, the steps below will help you remove other dangerous software like unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the PC system along with the adware.
How does shglegle.com ads get installed onto PC
How to manually remove shglegle.com advertisements
Without a doubt, the ‘ad-supported’ software is harmful to your system. So you need to quickly and completely remove this malicious software. To delete this ad-supported software, you can use the manual removal which are given below, or use an anti-malware tool for removing malicious applications, such as Malwarebytes Anti-malware and AdwCleaner (both are free). I note that we recommend that you use automatic removal, which will allow you to remove shglegle.com easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in machine or in the case where ad-supported software is not removed automatically.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of shglegle.com redirect
- Get rid of shglegle.com pop-ups from Firefox
- Get rid of shglegle.com ads from Google Chrome
- Get rid of shglegle.com pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you begin the system cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed applications and uninstall all unknown or suspicious software. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as ‘ad-supported’ software and browser hijackers may be bundled with free applications. Remove the unwanted programs may delete the annoying ads or internet browser redirect to unknown or annoying pages.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, press “Uninstall a program” It’ll display a list of all software. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date of installation in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of shglegle.com redirect
When installed, the adware may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will display the shglegle.com unwanted page.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
Next, click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Chrome, FF, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
Get rid of shglegle.com pop-ups from Firefox
First, launch the FF. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, press “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of shglegle.com ads from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the web browser’s startpage, new tab page and default search engine that have been replaced by adware.
- Open the Chrome, then press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press the “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, press the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of shglegle.com pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
To remove the shglegle.com advertisements you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your PC system.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Microsoft Internet Explorer settings” dialog box as shown below. Next, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, click the “Reset” button.
When the task is done, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your PC, it will open shglegle.com annoying site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time. It will display a dialog box which titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the malicios program, then this task also should be removed.
Further press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious applications. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to delete shglegle.com with free malware removal program
Manual removal shglegle.com redirect requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the freeware will help you to remove malware, web browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has complete installing, the malware remover will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your PC system for the adware that redirects your browser to the shglegle.com unwanted page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When it has finished scanning, it will display a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your PC system. When the task is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block shglegle.com and other unwanted sites
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying advertisements and malicious web pages, you need to use program that blocks access to dangerous ads and web pages. Moreover, the application can block the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
After the download is done, start the file named adguardInstaller. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is complete, you will see a window like below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block ads, web-pages such as shglegle.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with shglegle.com advertisements is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove shglegle.com pop-ups, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: September 3, 2018
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is opened the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, press the “Scan” button to start scanning your computer for the adware which generates shglegle.com ads.
- When the system scan is complete, AdwCleaner will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will display a dialog box, press “OK” button.
The following video explains the instructions above on how to remove adware with AdwCleaner.
Once you have done the step-by-step instructions shown above, your computer should be clean from malware and adware. The Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge will no longer display shglegle.com unwanted pop-up ads and redirect you to unknown pages. Unfortunately, if the instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- When the system scan is done, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying shglegle.com pop-up ads.