The cause of unwanted coolproductrewards.com pop-ups on your screen is ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). Technically, the ad supported software, that displays lots of pop-up ads or redirects on an annoying web-page, is not a virus. It is is created to make a money. Once started, the ad-supported software injects a small code within the content of web-sites that you visit. The malicous code may pop-up a new web-browser window with coolproductrewards.com page or insert tons of advertising links directly into the web pages you’re viewing.
The adware usually affects only the Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge by changing the internet browser’s settings or installing a dangerous extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the machine for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you launch the web browser, you will see an unwanted coolproductrewards.com site.
What is more, the ad-supported software may open advertisements depend on a site that you are visiting. That is, it’s clear that this ‘ad-supported’ software, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The ‘ad-supported’ software may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your PC from the adware as well as delete coolproductrewards.com annoying popup ads from the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE and MS Edge and other browsers.
How does coolproductrewards.com advertisements get installed onto PC
How to manually remove coolproductrewards.com redirect
This step-by-step instructions will help you remove coolproductrewards.com ads. These coolproductrewards.com removal steps work for the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and MS Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the web-browser or reboot your PC. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove coolproductrewards.com pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove coolproductrewards.com pop-ups from Google Chrome
- Remove coolproductrewards.com redirect from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete coolproductrewards.com redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as shown in the following image.
Next, press “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list and delete any suspicious and unknown programs.
Remove coolproductrewards.com pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been replaced by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto coolproductrewards.com site.
First, run the FF and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Next, press the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser address bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation dialog box, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ‘ad-supported’ software. Once it is finished, click the “Finish” button
Remove coolproductrewards.com pop-ups from Google Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby remove the redirect to coolproductrewards.com annoying ads that is caused by the ad supported software.
At first, start the Google Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter.
The web browser will show the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown in the figure below and press the “Reset settings” button.
The Google Chrome will show the confirmation prompt. You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning. Once it is finished, the browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your machine.
Remove coolproductrewards.com redirect from Internet Explorer
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu as shown in the following image. Next, click the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the following image. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete coolproductrewards.com redirect
Once the adware is started, it can also alter the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will be rerouted to an annoying ads.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ‘ad-supported’ software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you run your PC, it will show coolproductrewards.com unwanted web page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will display a prompt which titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the malicios program, then this task also should be removed.
Further press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove coolproductrewards.com redirect with free malware remover
Remove coolproductrewards.com ads manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, web-browser hijacker and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: September 28, 2017
- Close all applications and windows on your personal computer. Open the directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the installation of Malwarebytes. Next, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- When install is finished, click on the “Scan Now” button for checking your PC system for the adware which redirects your internet browser to the coolproductrewards.com annoying site. This process can take some time, so please be patient.
- Once the scanning is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected”. When the disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to restart your PC.
These steps above are shown in detail in the following video guide.
How to stop coolproductrewards.com pop-ups
To increase your security and protect your system against new unwanted ads and malicious web pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertisements and web sites. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- When downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is done, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your machine, AdGuard will run automatically and block ads, coolproductrewards.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with coolproductrewards.com ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove coolproductrewards.com , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: September 29, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is launched the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole PC to find out adware which generates coolproductrewards.com ads.
- Once the scan is complete, AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will display a dialog box, press “OK” button.
The following video explains the step-by-step instructions above on how to remove ad-supported software with AdwCleaner.
Once you have finished the guide outlined above, your computer should be clean from malware and ad-supported software. The Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Microsoft Edge will no longer display coolproductrewards.com unwanted pop-up ads and redirect you to unknown web pages. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When it has finished scanning, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted coolproductrewards.com redirect.