The Mywebtopic.com instead of your homepage is a sign of appearance of unwanted software from the browser hijacker family on your computer. It can bring a security risk to your PC. So, don’t ignore it! Of course, the Mywebtopic.com is just a page, but the hijacker infection uses it to replace your homepage, new tab and default search engine, without your permission and desire to see it. The Mywebtopic.com as your start page can be just the beginning, because your PC system is infected by malicious software, that in the future may increase the amount of problems with the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Edge. Its appearance will prevent you normally browse the Net, and more, can lead to crash the web-browser.
A malicious software which alters settings of web browsers on Mywebtopic.com usually affects only Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The Mywebtopic.com hijacker may modify the Target property of internet browser’s shortcuts, so every time you run the browser, instead of your startpage, you will see a completely different site.
Besides the fact that Mywebtopic.com infection replaces your start page, this unwanted web-page can set yourself as your search engine. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of a large amount of ads, links to harmful and misleading pages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search engines. Of course, the very fact that you encounter with the inability to properly search the Net, is an unpleasant moment. Moreover, the Mywebtopic.com hijacker may collect information about you, and in the future to transfer it to third parties. What creates the risk of theft of your personal data.
Also on the machine together with Mywebtopic.com hijacker can be installed ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) which will insert a ton of advertisements directly to the web pages that you view, creating a sense that ads has been added by the makers of the web-site. Moreover, legal ads may be replaced on fake advertisements which will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful applications. Moreover, the Mywebtopic.com browser hijacker infection has the ability to collect a large number of personal information about you, which can later transfer to third parties.
Therefore it’s very important to free your machine as quickly as possible. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to remove Mywebtopic.com startpage, as well as other malware and adware, which can be installed onto your personal computer along with it.
How did Mywebtopic.com browser hijacker get on your system
How to manually remove Mywebtopic.com
This useful removal guide for the Mywebtopic.com redirect. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove Mywebtopic.com let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Uninstall Mywebtopic.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove Mywebtopic.com search from Chrome
- Remove Mywebtopic.com startpage from Firefox
- Remove Mywebtopic.com startpage from IE
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Mywebtopic.com
Uninstall Mywebtopic.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the computer cleanup is to delete unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer from popup ads hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove Mywebtopic.com search from Chrome
Like other modern internet browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the startpage, new tab page and default search engine that have been changed by the Mywebtopic.com infection.
First open the Google Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the main menu. Further, press the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter.
The internet browser will open the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown on the screen below and click the “Reset settings” button.
The Google Chrome will display the confirmation prompt. You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The web browser will launch the procedure of cleaning. Once it is finished, the web-browser’s settings including startpage, new tab page and default search engine back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Remove Mywebtopic.com startpage from Firefox
If the Firefox settings like start page and search provider by default have been changed by the browser hijacker infection, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, run the FF and press button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, press the Help button () like below
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Mywebtopic.com browser hijacker. Once, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Mywebtopic.com startpage from IE
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Mywebtopic.com
When installed, this hijacker may add an argument such as “http://www.mywebtopic.com/” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will show the unwanted home page.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://www.mywebtopic.com/” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all web-browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge.
How to remove Mywebtopic.com with Malwarebytes
Manual removal Mywebtopic.com homepage requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the browser hijacker may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: September 28, 2017
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will start and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button for the hijacker removal scan. It will begin scanning your machine for the hijacker that redirects your browser to the Mywebtopic.com unwanted web site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the Malwarebytes has finished checking, it will display a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click the “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your computer. Once the task is done, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Mywebtopic.com homepage
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying advertisements and harmful sites, you need to use program that blocks access to malicious ads and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: May 10, 2017
- Once downloading is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block popup ads, web pages such Mywebtopic.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Mywebtopic.com is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot get rid of this hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: September 29, 2017
- Double press the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the Mywebtopic.com hijacker.
- When the system scan is finished, the AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Once you have complete the instructions shown above, your personal computer should be clean from malware and browser hijackers. The Google Chrome, FF, Microsoft Edge and IE will no longer show Mywebtopic.com annoying start page on startup. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- When it has finished scanning, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Mywebtopic.com startpage.