If you keep receiving the hlu9tseh.men advertisements, when you surf the Net with the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, then it could mean your computer is infected with adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) from the big malware family. Once started, it may install a dangerous browser’s extension that generates a large amount of ads or alter the browser’s settings to show advertisements on all web pages that you are opening in the web-browser, even on those web sites where before you did not see any advertisements. We recommend you to clean you PC system from adware and thereby remove hlu9tseh.men pop-up ads. Use the step-by-step guide below as quickly as possible. It will delete the unwanted pop-ups and protect your computer from more dangerous software and trojans.
Most often, the adware affects the most common internet browsers such as the Google Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox and Edge. But such the dangerous software as well may infect another web browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a browser’s shortcut). So every time you open the browser, it will redirect to the unwanted hlu9tseh.men web site. Even if you setup a new start page, an unwanted site will be the first thing you see when you launch the Google Chrome, FF, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge.
While your personal computer is infected with the adware, the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer may be rerouted to hlu9tseh.men annoying site. Of course, the ad-supported software may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may show tons of unwanted ads. These advertisements will be injected within the content of web sites that are you opening in your web-browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The ads will appear on all sites, including web pages where previously you have never seen any advertising links. In this case, when you open any web-site, you may see in your web browser’s status bar the following messages: ‘Waiting for hlu9tseh.men’, ‘Transferring data from hlu9tseh.men’, ‘Looking up hlu9tseh.men’, ‘Read hlu9tseh.men’, ‘Connected to hlu9tseh.men’.
We suggest you to get rid of adware and clean your machine from hlu9tseh.men advertisements as soon as possible, until the presence of the ‘ad-supported’ software has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the step-by-step instructions below that will allow you to completely remove the redirect to hlu9tseh.men unwanted page, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does hlu9tseh.men ads get installed onto machine
Most commonly, the adware is bundled within the installation packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a free applications is a a good chance that you will find some bundled adware. If you do not know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During installation, select the Custom or Advanced installation option. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install an unknown programs. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any applications or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted program on your system like this adware which redirect the Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge onto the unwanted hlu9tseh.men web-page.
How to manually remove hlu9tseh.men redirect
The simple answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will allow you easily to clean your personal computer of ad supported software. Moreover, you can choose manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the computer then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware tool designed specifically to remove adware that causes unwanted hlu9tseh.men . Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your browser or reboot your system.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove hlu9tseh.men redirect
- Get rid of hlu9tseh.men redirect from Firefox
- Get rid of hlu9tseh.men from Google Chrome
- Remove hlu9tseh.men from Internet Explorer
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you begin the system cleaning process by checking the list of installed applications and remove all unknown or suspicious programs. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free software. Uninstall the unwanted programs may remove the annoying ads or internet browser redirect to unknown or unwanted web sites.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program” It’ll open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date of installation in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove hlu9tseh.men redirect
When installed, the ad-supported software may add an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you open the browser, it will open the hlu9tseh.men annoying web page.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which starts with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
Next, click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the FF, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
Get rid of hlu9tseh.men redirect from Firefox
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of hlu9tseh.men from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to get rid of the malware and ad supported software, as well as to restore the web browser’s settings that have been replaced by ‘ad-supported’ software.
- Now run the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next, click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your web browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your start page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove hlu9tseh.men from Internet Explorer
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu as shown on the screen below. Next, press the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your PC system, it will open hlu9tseh.men annoying site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by malicios program.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will open a dialog box that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious software. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to get rid of hlu9tseh.men with free malware removal application
Manual removal hlu9tseh.men ads requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad supported software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system. Moreover, the freeware will help you to delete malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for checking your personal computer for the ad supported software that redirects your web browser to the hlu9tseh.men annoying web-site. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the checking is finished, it will show a screen that contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your PC system. Once the task is finished, you may be prompted to restart your PC system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block hlu9tseh.men ads and other unwanted web sites
To increase your security and protect your machine against new annoying advertisements and malicious sites, you need to use application that blocks access to dangerous ads and pages. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
After downloading is complete, start the file named adguardInstaller. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is complete, you will see a window as shown on the screen below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-ups, web-sites like hlu9tseh.men, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
Scan your PC system and remove hlu9tseh.men with AdwCleaner.
This removal application is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove ‘ad-supported’ software, browser hijackers, malware and unwanted toolbars in FF, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge internet browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (homepage, new tab page and search engine by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and delete malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the computer.
Download AdwCleaner tool from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: September 24, 2018
Once the downloading process is complete, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will launch the AdwCleaner utility and you will see a screen as shown in the figure below. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to show the program, click Yes button to continue.
Now, press the “Scan” to begin checking your PC system for the adware which cause a redirect to hlu9tseh.men ads.
When the system scan is finished, it will open a list of all items detected by this utility as on the image below.
You need to click “Clean” button. It will display a dialog box, click “OK” to begin the cleaning process. Once the clean-up is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your machine. After restart, the AdwCleaner will show the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Once you have finished the step-by-step instructions shown above, your computer should be clean from malware and ad supported software. The Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer will no longer show hlu9tseh.men annoying ads and redirect you to unknown web-sites. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ad-supported software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis using the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the scan is finished, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted hlu9tseh.men advertisements.