If you’re reading this blog post, it means that you are seeing the consumerview.co unknown web page and your browser began opening lots of of popup ads. All of these problems with your PC system caused by ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware), which is often installs on the personal computer with the free software. You probably want to know how to get rid of this adware as well as uninstall consumerview.co advertisements. In the instructions below we will tell you about how to solve your problems.
Most often, the ad supported software affects the most common web-browsers such as the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. But such the malicious software as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a web-browser’s shortcut). So every time you launch the web-browser, it will redirect to the annoying consumerview.co web-page. Even if you setup a new homepage, an annoying web-page will be the first thing you see when you open the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge.
The ad supported software is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to open dozens of pop-up ads, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open web-browser window. So, the consumerview.co is just one of the many web sites of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the internet browser’s constant stream of advertisements, or reroute the internet browser to not expected and intrusive advertising pages. Moreover, the ad-supported software can substitute the legitimate advertising links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit dangerous web-sites. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web-pages, so the creators of ad supported software, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the ‘ad-supported’ software receive income. It’s the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
Therefore it is very important to follow the instructions below as soon as possible. The few simple steps will assist you to remove adware as well as clean your system from the consumerview.co advertisements. What is more, the step-by-step instructions below will help you remove other dangerous software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the system along with the ‘ad-supported’ software.
How does consumerview.co ads get installed onto system
How to manually remove consumerview.co pop-up ads
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the consumerview.co . Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your PC.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove consumerview.co redirect
- Remove consumerview.co from Firefox
- Remove consumerview.co from Google Chrome
- Remove consumerview.co from IE
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown in the following image.
Next, press “Uninstall a program” It will display a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown software.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove consumerview.co redirect
When installed, the ‘ad-supported’ software may add an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you start the internet browser, it will display the consumerview.co unwanted web site.
Right click on the internet browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that starts with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
Next, press OK to save changes. You need to clean all web-browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
Remove consumerview.co from Firefox
First, run the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, press the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove consumerview.co from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of the malware and adware, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been changed by adware.
- Now run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next, click the “Reset” button.
- When this task is complete, your web-browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage and search engine by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove consumerview.co from IE
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings such as home page, newtab page and search provider by default to default state, disable ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and thereby remove the redirect to consumerview.co unwanted web site.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you run your PC, it will display consumerview.co annoying web site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time. It will open a dialog box which titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the following image.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the malicios application, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicios program. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove consumerview.co with free malware removal program
Manual removal consumerview.co redirect requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, web-browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
- At the download page, press the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is done, please close all applications and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has complete installing, the malware remover will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software which redirects your web-browser to the consumerview.co unwanted web-site. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the system scan is finished, it will open a screen that contains a list of malicious applications that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your computer. Once the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart your personal computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop consumerview.co popup ads and other annoying web-sites
To increase your security and protect your PC against new unwanted advertisements and malicious web-pages, you need to use application that stops access to dangerous ads and web-pages. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
When downloading is complete, start the file named adguardInstaller. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown in the following image.
Follow the prompts. When the install is done, you will see a window as shown on the image below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block popup ads, sites like consumerview.co, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Scan your system and get rid of consumerview.co redirect with AdwCleaner.
This removal application is free and easy to use. It can scan and uninstall ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware), browser hijackers, malware and unwanted toolbars in Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (home page, newtab page and search provider by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and delete malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC system.
Download AdwCleaner utility from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 28, 2017
Once the downloading process is finished, open the file location and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner utility and you will see a screen as shown below. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to display the application, click Yes button to continue.
Now, click the “Scan” for checking your system for the adware that cause a redirect to consumerview.co ads.
Once the system scan is finished, it will show a list of all items detected by this utility as shown in the figure below.
You need to click “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK” to start the cleaning process. Once the clean-up is complete, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC. After restart, the AdwCleaner will display the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Once you have complete the step-by-step guide outlined above, your PC system should be clean from malware and adware. The Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge will no longer show consumerview.co annoying advertisements and redirect you to unknown sites. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ‘ad-supported’ software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When it has finished scanning your PC, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying consumerview.co ads.