The redirections.site is an ads web-page. The appearance of redirections.site in your browser means that your PC system is infected with adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software), which can show a lot of popup ads within the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge screen or redirect you to an unwanted ad web pages. So, if you have found that your internet browser is redirected to this annoying web-page, then you do not need to wait . Perform the step-by-step instructions below to clean your system from the adware and thereby remove redirections.site pop-up ads as soon as possible.
The malicious applications from the adware family that alters the settings of internet browsers usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a web-browser’s shortcut, so every time you open the internet browser, instead of your homepage, you will see the unwanted redirections.site ads.
The adware may insert a large amount of advertisements directly to the pages that you visit, creating a sense that the advertisements has been added by the creators of the web page. Moreover, a legal advertisements may be replaced on the fake advertisements, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the ad-supported software has the ability to collect tons of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
We suggest you to get rid of ad-supported software and clean your computer from redirections.site pop-ups ASAP, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the instructions below that will allow you to completely uninstall the redirect to redirections.site unwanted page, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How does redirections.site advertisements get installed onto PC
Probably, the ad-supported software get installed onto your computer when you have installed a free applications like E-Mail checker, PDF creator, video codec, etc. Because, most commonly the adware is bundled within the installation packages from Softonic, Cnet, Soft32, Brothersoft or other similar sites. Even removing the program that contains ‘ad-supported’ software, does not help you remove the redirections.site ads. Therefore, you must follow the step-by-step instructions below to remove all annoying ads.
How to manually remove redirections.site advertisements
The simple answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will allow you easily to clean your system of adware. Moreover, you can choose manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the personal computer then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware tool designed specifically to remove ad supported software that causes unwanted redirections.site advertisements. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your browser or reboot your personal computer.
- Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove redirections.site from Firefox
- Delete redirections.site ads from Google Chrome
- Get rid of redirections.site in Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove redirections.site redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of unwanted ads and browser redirect to unwanted pages, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Remove redirections.site from Firefox
First, start the FF. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete redirections.site ads from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to uninstall the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s startpage, new tab page and default search engine that have been replaced by adware.
- Open the Google Chrome, then click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press the “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, press the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of redirections.site in Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, run the IE, then press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu like below. Next, click the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the following image. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press on “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove redirections.site redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to launch your web-browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the web-browser which is redirected to the redirections.site or other unwanted web page.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The adware can modify the contents of this field, which describes the file to be start when you run your internet browser. Depending on the web-browser you are using, there should be: Google Chrome: chrome.exe, Opera: opera.exe, Firefox: firefox.exe, Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe. If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://site.address” that has been added here, then you should delete it, like below.
Next, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you open the browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the redirections.site site or any other unwanted sites that is advertised by the ad supported software. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying redirections.site web site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all the tasks that have been created by malicios application.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This shows a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the following image.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to get rid of, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious applications. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove redirections.site with free malware removal program
Manual removal redirections.site advertisements requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free applications will help you to delete malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop using the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: December 21, 2016
- At the download page, press the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has complete installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button for checking your PC system for the adware which redirects your web-browser to the redirections.site annoying web site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the scanning is complete, it will open a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your PC. When the task is done, you may be prompted to restart your PC.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop redirections.site pop-up ads
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious advertisements and web-sites. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After downloading is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will launch automatically and block popup ads, redirections.site redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
Scan your personal computer and get rid of redirections.site with AdwCleaner.
This removal program is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software), browser hijackers, malware and unwanted toolbars in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (start page and search provider by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC.
Download AdwCleaner utility from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 8, 2017
Once the download is finished, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will launch the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen as on the image below. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to show the program, click Yes button to continue.
Now, click the “Scan” for scanning your PC for the adware which cause a redirect to redirections.site ads.
When the system scan is finished, it will display a list of all items detected by this utility as on the image below.
You need to press “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box, press “OK” to start the cleaning process. When the cleaning procedure is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC system. After reboot, the AdwCleaner will display the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Once you have finished the step-by-step guide above, your PC should be clean from malware and adware. The Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge will no longer display redirections.site annoying advertisements and redirect you to unknown web pages. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the system scan is finished, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying redirections.site redirect.