If 12canme.com web page popping up in your browser then most probably that your PC is infected with adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software). It is a type of dangerous software that designed to open tons of annoying ads. Unlike viruses, the ad supported software will not delete or infect your files, but its actions will cause some problems with your browser. This is because, it will infect your computer, get full access to your internet browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge and be able to modify their settings. Of course, it did not ask you for permission and do it secretly as possible. Once your browser settings will be changed, you will be rerouted to unwanted ads, some of which can lead to dangerous or misleading sites. For this reason, we recommend that you start the clean up of your PC as quickly as possible and thereby delete 12canme.com popup ads.
The ad supported software usually affects only the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The ad-supported software will perform a scan of the PC for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you start the internet browser, you will see an annoying 12canme.com web-page.
What is more, the adware may open advertisements depend on a web site that you are visiting. That is, it’s clear that this ad supported software, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The ad supported software may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your computer from the ad supported software as well as remove 12canme.com unwanted pop-up ads from the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge and other web-browsers.
How does 12canme.com ads get installed onto PC system
How to manually remove 12canme.com ads
This useful removal guide for the 12canme.com popup ads. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove 12canme.com advertisements let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to uninstall 12canme.com redirect
- Get rid of 12canme.com in Firefox
- Remove 12canme.com from Chrome
- Remove 12canme.com popup ads from Internet Explorer
- Uninstall unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the program that causes the appearance of unwanted ads and web-browser redirect to unwanted web-pages, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to uninstall 12canme.com redirect
Once installed, the adware may add an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you start the internet browser, it will show the 12canme.com unwanted web-page.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that starts with “http://”. Remove it or everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
Next, click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge.
Get rid of 12canme.com in Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the ‘ad-supported’ software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to uninstall the redirect onto 12canme.com advertisements.
First, run the FF and press button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Next, click the Help button () as shown on the screen below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation dialog box, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. When it’s done, click the “Finish” button
Remove 12canme.com from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s homepage and search engine by default that have been changed by ad-supported software.
- Open the Google Chrome, then click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click the “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, click the “Reset settings” button, which located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove 12canme.com popup ads from Internet Explorer
To remove the 12canme.com ads you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then press the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and click the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Microsoft Internet Explorer settings” prompt as on the image below. Next, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, click the “Reset” button.
Once the process is complete, press “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Uninstall unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying 12canme.com web-page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ applications.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This opens a dialog box that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, like below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your personal computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to uninstall, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove 12canme.com popup ads automatically
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install this tool to detect 12canme.com threat and uninstall it, by clicking on the link below. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the personal computer.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
Once installed, the Malwarebytes will try to update itself and when this procedure is finished, click “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software and malware. During the scan it will detect all threats present on your computer. In order to remove all threats, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about the Malwarebytes, we recommend you to read and follow the guide or the video guide below.
How to block 12canme.com pop-up ads
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying advertisements and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web pages. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- Once downloading is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is finished, press “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block advertisements, 12canme.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with 12canme.com advertisements is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot delete 12canme.com pop-up ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: January 19, 2018
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is launched the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad-supported software which generates 12canme.com advertisements.
- When the system scan is complete, AdwCleaner will show a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will open a dialog box, press “OK” button.
The following video explains the instructions above on how to remove adware with AdwCleaner.
Once you have finished the step-by-step guide above, your system should be clean from malware and ad supported software. The Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge will no longer show 12canme.com unwanted pop-ups and redirect you to unknown web-pages. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ad-supported software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When it has finished scanning, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying 12canme.com pop-up ads.