The prizezone.7406.ws is a page which is created to make money. It can display unwanted pop-up ads within the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge or redirect your web-browser on other ads web-pages. If you’re seeing this unwanted site then most probably that your browser is infected with ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). As a result of the adware infection, your browser will be full of ads (pop-ups, banners, in-text links, offers to install an unwanted software) and your system will be slower and slower.
The ad supported software can change the settings of the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge, but often that a malicious software such as this can also infect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time launch the web-browser to see prizezone.7406.ws annoying advertisements.
The ad supported software may insert tons of ads directly to the sites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising banners has been added by the creators of the site. Moreover, a legal advertising links may be replaced on the fake ads, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the ad supported software has the ability to collect lots of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your PC from the ad supported software as well as get rid of prizezone.7406.ws annoying ads from the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge and other browsers.
How does prizezone.7406.ws advertisements get installed onto computer
How to manually remove prizezone.7406.ws advertisements
Without a doubt, the ad supported software is harmful to your computer. So you need to quickly and completely remove this malicious software. To uninstall this adware, you can use the manual removal which are given below, or use an anti-malware tool for removing malicious applications, such as Malwarebytes Anti-malware and AdwCleaner (both are free). I note that we recommend that you use automatic removal, which will allow you to uninstall prizezone.7406.ws ads easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in computer or in the case where ad-supported software is not removed automatically.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of prizezone.7406.ws redirect
- Remove prizezone.7406.ws popup ads from Chrome
- Delete prizezone.7406.ws popup ads from FF
- Get rid of prizezone.7406.ws advertisements in Internet Explorer
- Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the PC cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded applications can clean up your internet browser from pop-ups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of prizezone.7406.ws redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to start your web-browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the browser which is redirected to the prizezone.7406.ws or other annoying web-page.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The adware can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be launch when you launch your internet browser. Depending on the internet browser you are using, there should be: Google Chrome: chrome.exe, Opera: opera.exe, Firefox: firefox.exe, Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe. If you are seeing an unknown text such as “http://site.address” which has been added here, then you should delete it, like below.
Next, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you launch the internet browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically reroute on the prizezone.7406.ws web-site or any other annoying web-sites that is advertised by the ‘ad-supported’ software. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove prizezone.7406.ws popup ads from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, like below and click the “Reset settings” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Delete prizezone.7406.ws popup ads from FF
First, start the FF. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of prizezone.7406.ws advertisements in Internet Explorer
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu as shown below. Next, click the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press on “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying prizezone.7406.ws web page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all the tasks that have been created by malicious applications.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This opens a dialog box that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the malicios program, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete like below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ application. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove prizezone.7406.ws with free malware removal application
Manual removal prizezone.7406.ws requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad-supported software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: November 9, 2017
- At the download page, press the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . This will begin scanning the whole PC to find out ‘ad-supported’ software that redirects your browser to the prizezone.7406.ws annoying web page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When it has finished scanning, it will display a screen that contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your system. Once the procedure is complete, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop prizezone.7406.ws popup ads
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying advertisements and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and sites. Moreover, the application can block the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- Once the download is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block popup ads, prizezone.7406.ws redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Delete prizezone.7406.ws popup ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot delete the unwanted prizezone.7406.ws ads from the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for ad supported software, browser hijackers, PUPs and toolbars.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 19, 2018
After downloading is finished, open the directory in which you saved it. Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is launched, you will see a screen such as below.
Now, click the “Scan” button to begin checking your personal computer for the malicious extensions and ‘ad-supported’ software that displays ads from prizezone.7406.ws web site. Once the system scan is finished, it will show a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt. Click “OK”. When the clean up is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your system.
Look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the AdwCleaner to remove adware, browser hijackers and other dangerous applications.
Now your personal computer should be free of the prizezone.7406.ws ads. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted ads and annoying malicious sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your computer for new malware and ad supported software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new dangerous software and ‘ad-supported’ software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove prizezone.7406.ws popup ads from your personal computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.