There are many types of malicious software, the most common type is the browser hijacker. The browser hijacker such as izito.it have a negative impact on the functioning of your computer by changing the browser’s settings. The main function of any hijacker is reroute you to an annoying page, instead of the one that you want to visit. Even if you try to manually open your start page, your web-browser is anyway show another web-site.
The izito.it hijacker can modify settings of the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge, but often that unwanted software such as this can also infect all types of web-browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user to see izito.it unwanted web-page every time launching the web-browser.
As mentioned above, the izito hijacker also alters the internet browser’s search engine. So, your web-browser, when searching something, will show a hodgepodge of ads, links to ads sites and search results of a big search engines such as Google or Bing. As a result, actual use of a browser’s search becomes inconvenient. Moreover, it may also lead to slowing or even freeze your browser.
Often, the system that has been infected with izito.it browser hijacker, will be also infected with adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) that shows a lot of various advertisements. It may be pop-ups, text links in the web sites, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware may replace the legitimate ads with malicious advertisements which will offer to download and install malware and unwanted software or visit the various dangerous and misleading web sites.
How to izito browser hijacker get installed onto PC
Most commonly, the izito.it browser hijacker infection is bundled within the installation packages from a free hosting and file sharing web sites. So, install a free applications is a a good chance that you will find some bundled web-browser hijacker. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the installation, choose the Custom or Advanced install option. Next, press ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install an unknown program. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted application on your personal computer such as this hijacker.
How to manually remove izito.it
Without a doubt, the browser hijacker is harmful to your system. So you need to quickly and completely uninstall this malicious software. To delete this hijacker, you can use the manual removal which are given below or malware removal utility like Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner (both are free). I note that we recommend that you use automatic removal that will allow you to remove izito easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you are well versed in computer or in the case where browser hijacker infection is not removed automatically.
- Delete izito.it associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove izito.it search from FF
- Get rid of izito.it in Google Chrome
- Remove izito.it from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove izito.it search
Delete izito.it associated software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the personal computer cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded software can clean up the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge from pop-up ads hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all applications installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video steps below.
Remove izito.it search from FF
If the FF settings such as home page, newtab page and search provider by default have been replaced by the browser hijacker infection, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, open the Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, press the Help button () as shown on the image below
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the izito.it browser hijacker. Once, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of izito.it in Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to get rid of the browser hijacker, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default that have been modified by izito hijacker.
- First run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your browser’s startpage, new tab page and default search engine will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove izito.it from Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, start the IE. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove izito.it search
Now you need to clean up the browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the internet browser, and not on any unknown file. Right click to a desktop shortcut for your browser. Choose the “Properties” option.
It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The hijacker can rewrite it. If you are seeing something such as “…exe http://www.izito.it/” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the web-browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example as shown below.
Once is finished, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for internet browser shortcuts which redirects to an unwanted web-sites. When you have completed, go to next step.
How to delete izito.it automatically
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to detect izito.it homepage and get rid of it, from the download link below. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the computer.
Category: Security tools
Update: January 25, 2017
Once installed, the Malwarebytes will try to update itself and when this task is finished, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a scan of your system. During the scan it will detect all threats present on your system. In order to get rid of all threats, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal tool, we recommend you to read and follow the step-by-step guide or the video guide below.
How to block izito.it
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new annoying advertisements and dangerous web pages, you need to use application that blocks access to dangerous ads and sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After downloading is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-ups, web-sites such izito.it, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
If the problem with izito.it redirect is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot delete this browser hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: March 4, 2017
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is launched, press “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole system to find out izito browser hijacker.
- When the system scan is complete, the AdwCleaner will show a scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Now your system should be free of the izito.it . Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted advertisements and annoying malicious web-pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your PC for new malware, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijacker, harmful software and ad supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove izito.it redirect from your internet browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.